• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Sasha Kaun

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice find. It could happen, but it might be hard for the Cavs to pay more than minimum salary if the have to fill any other spots in the roster with the apron MLE.

This would be great. He'd be here likely as a 4th or 5th big depending on Andy's status and he has experience with Blatt which would be nice. Plus he's been around for awhile so it's not like he'd have to learn how to play that much.

If Andy returns, Mozgov is locked up for 2016 and assuming both Kevin and Tristan stay, where's the place for Kaun?

With them holding his rights, can't thy sign him last and exceed the minimum ?

With them holding his rights, can't thy sign him last and exceed the minimum ?
Kaun was a second round pick. Different set of rules.

If Andy returns, Mozgov is locked up for 2016 and assuming both Kevin and Tristan stay, where's the place for Kaun?

Back-up 7 footer. I assume we won't be keeping either Hayward or Perkins

Last edited:
Kaun was a second round pick. Different set of rules.

Back-up 7 footer. I assume we won't be keeping either Hayward or Perkins
They have to move Haywoods contract so he's gone..
Andy would be the next ?

6'9" with a 7'6" wingspan? How was he not in our plans before, is he really that developmental?

Just don't think he's that good. By next season, he'll be 30. If he's still developing at this point, I'd be surprised.

6'9" with a 7'6" wingspan? How was he not in our plans before, is he really that developmental?

draftexpress says he is almost 6'11" with shoes. And I think we would have gladly brought him over earlier but he got way more money from CSKA than we ever would have paid him.

My guess is that this is more about his agent trying to gain leverage on a new deal rather than us having genuine interest. I for one would much rather have a young big behind Mozgov than a guy a year or two older than him.

They have to move Haywoods contract so he's gone..
Andy would be the next ?

I would assume his role will be to ride the pine unless an opposing center is giving us foul trouble, in which case he would have 6 fouls to buy time for Andy and/or Mozzy. I don't envision him being very active in the rotation. Like Splitz said, he is 30, shouldn't he have made the jump already?

I for one would much rather have a young big behind Mozgov than a guy a year or two older than him.

I love Andy but boy.. that contract is looking like a curse in retrospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."