• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavaliers Interested In Wesley Matthews

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew

Master Debater
Reaction score
The Cleveland Cavaliers have expressed interest in Wesley Matthews but have been rejected in their quest to land him from the Portland Trail Blazers, according to sources.

The Blazers have dismissed all overtures for Matthews and hope to re-sign him as a free agent in the offseason.

Portland is 19-6 so far this season.

Via Chris Haynes/Cleveland Plain Dealer

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235899/Cavaliers-Interested-In-Wesley-Matthews

Obviously this is a LONG shot but he would start over Marion and is a more than solid wing defender. Thoughts?

Yes please! Will never happen though unless they collapse. Play-off teams rarely trade away key pieces.

Press leak to let the other GMs know the type of player the Cavaliers are seeking. Matthews was going nowhere.
Too bad players like Mathews don't grow on trees. Not too many teams have guys like him, and if they do, they typically aren't available. Portland definitely isn't a seller though.

Denver might be a team to watch out for with Wilson chandler and a long time favorite of mine Aaron afflalo.

I don't thibk it's realistic but it does give you an idea of what the FO are looking for,
a wing player rather than a rim protector.
They are waiting for teams that wanna go for fire sales to offer their players first before Cavs make an offer..

Lol duh POR ain't tradibg him

Isn't Hayes a former blazers beat guy?
There aren't many wings available of wes quality let's hope let's hope tim connolly follows him on twitter

Too bad players like Mathews don't grow on trees. Not too many teams have guys like him, and if they do, they typically aren't available. Portland definitely isn't a seller though.

Denver might be a team to watch out for with Wilson chandler and a long time favorite of mine Aaron afflalo.

Yes on Affalo for sure. Chandler isn't a very good defender but he'd see minutes here for sure.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."