• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavaliers Offseason Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

Binkster

A Five Star Man
Reaction score
Not sure why this hasn't been opened yet, but much needed as opposed to 20 separate [free agent/target player name] thread.

I'll start things off with a bang:

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Said it in the other thread, but a year deal at the taxpayer MLE with the 3rd year being a non guaranteed option would be a great deal for us and good use of that exception.

Then use Haywood and the draft pick to get some younger more athletic wings and bigs

Not sure why this hasn't been opened yet, but much needed as opposed to 20 separate [free agent/target player name] thread.

I'll start things off with a bang:

PLEASE YES

Bring the band back together!

Those percentages would've bested just about every Cavs guard or wing in the Finals.

I think it's important to not think of Mo as the addition to the team we watched in the Finals.

He's not coming in to get us over the hump. Getting us over the hump is the return of Love, Kryie, Andy AND the addition of talent/depth like Mo, the draft pick and whatever else we get.

To be fair Mo put up those numbers on a garbage Wolves team where he has limited creators

Based on evidence, I wouldn't expect Mo's %s to go up when the pressure is on.

Big difference in being the #2 scoring option on a team that lacked playmakers beyond Mo and LeBron vs. being a 12-18 minute per game guy with guys like LeBron, Kyrie, Love, Moz, JR etc.

Just what exactly are we thinking we can get in todays NBA for 3 million per year?

Based on evidence, I wouldn't expect Mo's %s to go up when the pressure is on.

Meh. I just say fingers crossed that we're as healthy as possible come playoff time - particularly our big 3 in Lebron, Kyrie and Love. Because if that's the case, guys like Mo (and JR - for the people bashing him in that thread) will only have very small pressure on them to get us W's in the playoffs.

And Mo certainly would fill some roles on our team (depth in terms of ball-handling, setting up the offense, shooting, scoring).

I must be the only one who doesn't want Mo back. I just don't think a soon to be 33 year old PG who shot 39.7% and 34.2% is what we need.

I'm looking at it as more of a general roster upgrade...plug in Mo for either Haywood or Marion's roster spot and it's an upgrade, and actually lowers our average age a bit.

Get him
Meh. I just say fingers crossed that we're as healthy as possible come playoff time - particularly our big 3 in Lebron, Kyrie and Love. Because if that's the case, guys like Mo (and JR - for the people bashing him in that thread) will only have very small pressure on them to get us W's in the playoffs.

And Mo certainly would fill some roles on our team (depth in terms of ball-handling, setting up the offense, shooting, scoring).

Said it in the other thread, but a year deal at the taxpayer MLE with the 3rd year being a non guaranteed option would be a great deal for us and good use of that exception.

Then use Haywood and the draft pick to get some younger more athletic wings and bigs

Best case scenario.

I must be the only one who doesn't want Mo back. I just don't think a soon to be 33 year old PG who shot 39.7% and 34.2% is what we need.
If he's willing to come for a vet minimum, it seems like a win for all involved. Would he do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."