• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavaliers Playoff Packages Clarification

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

idmartin

Rookie
Reaction score
I am looking to clear up some confusion from an email I received from the Cavs ticket office this afternoon.

I currently split season tickets with a friend, and we were notified this afternoon that starting tomorrow, we would be able to purchase up to two additional playoff "packages" for this years home games.

The confusion is, does a "package" mean 2 tickets or 1 ticker per game? We really would like to know for certain if we are allowed to buy 4 additional tickets or 2 additional tickets per home game.

The response I got from the Cavs ticket office did not address my question at all, all they said was that we can in fact purchase up to 2 additional packages. They did not specify at all if that actually means 2 or 4 tickets.

Can anyone here help clarify?

I asked the same question and didn't get a clear answer either.

I did learn that they don't work like your normal package (where you only pay for the games played after each round). You would have to pay for all 16 up front.

Interesting. I would like to get more info if you can transfer the seats. I have a few friends who want me yo buy them for them.

Cavsfan1985 you can do whatever u want with them other than sell them on a different site than flashseats

I am looking to clear up some confusion from an email I received from the Cavs ticket office this afternoon.

I currently split season tickets with a friend, and we were notified this afternoon that starting tomorrow, we would be able to purchase up to two additional playoff "packages" for this years home games.

The confusion is, does a "package" mean 2 tickets or 1 ticker per game? We really would like to know for certain if we are allowed to buy 4 additional tickets or 2 additional tickets per home game.

The response I got from the Cavs ticket office did not address my question at all, all they said was that we can in fact purchase up to 2 additional packages. They did not specify at all if that actually means 2 or 4 tickets.

Can anyone here help clarify?
It means u get 2 16 game packages.........2 tickets to each game

The emails make it clear that you can get "up to" x packages, and they make clear there is no guarantee. My email said up to 4 packages and I was able to obtain four extra playoff tickets. I have full season tickets, had them for many years.

As someone wrote above, be prepared to pay for the full 16 game allotment now, in advance. I found the selection much better than what was available for season ticketholders wishing to buy 6 extra tickets for the season, which I was surprised about. Maybe with the playoffs, there is no time to hold back seats, have a lottery, etc. Good luck.

The emails make it clear that you can get "up to" x packages, and they make clear there is no guarantee. My email said up to 4 packages and I was able to obtain four extra playoff tickets. I have full season tickets, had them for many years.

As someone wrote above, be prepared to pay for the full 16 game allotment now, in advance. I found the selection much better than what was available for season ticketholders wishing to buy 6 extra tickets for the season, which I was surprised about. Maybe with the playoffs, there is no time to hold back seats, have a lottery, etc. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, the up-front thing has me a bit hesitant, but I dunno. I'd kinda be rolling the dice that I can resell the games I can't get to. My slot is up at noon today, so we will see.

I asked the same question and didn't get a clear answer either.

I did learn that they don't work like your normal package (where you only pay for the games played after each round). You would have to pay for all 16 up front.
So are you refunded for games that don't go to 4 home games or if we don't go 4 rounds? I don't get why they are doing it differently for these packages than the normal season ticket playoff tickets.

So are you refunded for games that don't go to 4 home games? I don't get why they are doing it differently for these packages than the normal season ticket playoff tickets.
I would assume so yeah.

This is the way playoff packages always worked for me when I only had a 10 game plan back in the day.

I think the "Pay by Round" model is only a benefit for half and full W&GU members for their resolve seats.

So are you refunded for games that don't go to 4 home games or if we don't go 4 rounds? I don't get why they are doing it differently for these packages than the normal season ticket playoff tickets.

I'm sure there is either a refund and/or a credit for games not played, but the Cavs did not announce this yet. I look at it this way: yeah, it's expensive, but losing in an early round means the expense is pretty minor (since the prices keep going up for each series), but if they do make it to the Finals, then extra Finals tickets (imagine a close out game in Cleveland for the first championship in 50 years?) would be priceless!

I've never missed a LeBron home playoff game and am not about to start now. We all know the window for LeBron playoff games is limited, so enjoy!

I would assume so yeah.

This is the way playoff packages always worked for me when I only had a 10 game plan back in the day.

I think the "Pay by Round" model is only a benefit for half and full W&GU members for their resolve seats.
I agree. I think part of it is also the risk. To get playoff tickets you have to sign up for next year tickets, so they have already started collecting my deposit. If I fail to pay for the seats I would lose my deposit that more then covers the cost.

Well those tickets were sure slim pickings. I was on right at noon and could not find any 16 game packages for 2 seats. I was able to secure 2 plan B packages in the current section I sit in though. So I am assuming it will be games 1 and 5 for any series we have HC and games 3 and 6 for those that we dont.

Well those tickets were sure slim pickings. I was on right at noon and could not find any 16 game packages for 2 seats. I was able to secure 2 plan B packages in the current section I sit in though. So I am assuming it will be games 1 and 5 for any series we have HC and games 3 and 6 for those that we dont.
Same here. Checked a few sections and everything said not enough tickets available. After I checked those sections, suddenly they were all gone. Probably within three or four minutes.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? I'm probably screwed anyways looking for three seats.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."