• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs in Pop Culture

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AuxiliaryPie

Real Cavs Fan
Reaction score
Let's get a list of where we've seen the Cavs in pop culture (movies, music, etc)

I have a few to start it off:

Kevin Hart's "Seriously Funny" filmed in Playhouse Square when we had Shaq, LBJ, and company and frequently shows the players in the crowd

Dom Mazetti doing a set of Cleveland CALFaliers (5:48)

That's all I have for now, im sure there's some really good ones out there though

They were constantly referenced on The West Wing.

How?

This thread is pretty cool, btw.
Can't remember specific examples. But everytime they referenced someone watching sports it was usually the Cavs or another Cleveland team. I can only guess one of the writers was from here.

Also, a hundred million references in hip hop lyrics. Jeezy, Kanye, Jay, you know the drill. Also Meek Mill "ball hard, D Waiters"

I just so happened to be watching The Thing (2011 Prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing) the other night and noticed a Cavs reference. It's suppose to take place in 1981. There is a conversation in the beginning of the movie where the main character Carter asks how the Cavaliers are doing?

From Pop Apostle:
"During the copter ride to the Norwegian station, Carter asks Kate if she knows how the Cavaliers are doing. This is a reference to the NBA basketball team the Cleveland Cavaliers. The dialog between Carter and Jameson suggests that the Cavaliers were not doing well, which was true; the team had a horrible 15-67 win-loss ratio in the 1981-82 season."

the-thing-.jpg

lmao i totally forgot about the super troopers one, anyone know why he said that? Just cuz we were awful or was there another reason?

Also just about every other MGK song references the cavs
"Comin straight outta The Land where them Cavs at"

Can't remember specific examples. But everytime they referenced someone watching sports it was usually the Cavs or another Cleveland team. I can only guess one of the writers was from here.

Confirmed. Back in 2000, a West Wing fan posted this excerpt allegedly from the Plain Dealer:
"In an early episode of the NBC drama 'The West Wing' presidential aide Josh Lyman played by actor Bradley Whitford, is recovering from being shot and is sitting on his stoop with some friends, one of whom has given him a set of pajamas that are way too big.

Lyman jokes, 'Did you think I was playing power forward for the Cleveland Cavaliers?'

Well, the Cavs weren't about to miss out on an opening like that. They sent Whitford an authentic game jersey with 'Lyman' on the back. They also sent some practice gear to Aaron Sorkin, the creator and writer of the show.

Interestingly enough, two weeks ago, a reporter turned up on the show from a fictitious Cleveland paper.

The references are not total flukes. Turns out that of the Emmy winning writers for the show, Rick Cleveland, is from Parma."

Warren G. FTW! My wife and I have been trying to solve this mystery for years. :D

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."