• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs players in world cup games

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Douglar

Intentionally Grounded
Staff member
Reaction score
So this Saturday at 3:30pm on ESPN, we will see two Cavs players face off: Kyrie Irving vs Erik Murphy

Drew Gooden finally gave up on joining team USA and tried to get on the Finnish team this year, but they passed on him because they didn't want to disrupt team chemistry.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...4_world_cup_players_schedule_tv_channels.html

Team USA begins pool play in the FIBA World Cup on Saturday when the Americans meet Finland at 3:30 p.m. The game will be televised by ESPN.

Syracuse coaches Jim Boeheim and Mike Hopkins are assisting the Team USA effort in Spain, as the Mike Krzyzewski-led American team attempts to win gold in a precursor to the 2016 Rio Olympics. (Click on the SU coaches' names to see recent stories of their involvement with USA Basketball.)​

So this Saturday at 3:30pm on ESPN, we will see two Cavs players face off:
Oh word?
Kyrie Irving vs Erik Murphy
Oh...
Drew Gooden finally gave up on joining team USA
:chuckle:

Seriously though, here are a few quick notes on the Finns' roster. They have a couple dudes who played D1 ball – Shawn Huff (Valparaiso '08) and Gerald Lee (Old Dominion '10) – plus PG Petteri Koponen, who was drafted 30th overall by the Sixers in 2007 and whose rights are now held by the Mavericks. And last but not least, 37 year old ex-Hawk PF Hanno Möttölä.

IBLRESbl.png

We're just gonna go ahead and call Erik Murphy a Cavs player, huh? :chuckle:

We should pay attention to how Pau does with Spain. The Bulls are our main rivals and if he underwhelms that is a good sign for the season. Even if he doesn't I'm hoping Spain plays him big minutes and they have a good run. He's 34 and the more and wear tear on his body he gets this offseason they less productive he'll be come playoff time.

Frankly happy Lebron and Love aren't part of the team. Would have liked AV to stay home as well but at least Brazil has Splitter and Nene so they don't have to ride him into the ground

Watching Brazil - France right now.
Can't wait to see Andy play. :cool:

So, Brazil won (65 - 63) and Andy had 8 points, 9 rebounds and 1 Steal in only 21 minutes.
He played well but wasn't really at his best. He showed a couple of nice low post moves but didn't finish well around the rim (2-8 from the field in the end, 25%).
But his defense was solid and his rebounding, as usual, fantastic (led both teams in total rebounds).

Full box score:
http://www.fiba.com/ls/#6241&BKM400A03

I will post highlights later on (if I find some).

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."