• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs Season Ticket Renewals/Pricing

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redzone

Sixth Man
Reaction score
Not sure if this topic has been raised here or elsewhere, but has anyone received any specific information/pricing on season ticket renewals?

I received a Cavs email earlier stating I was supposed to receive pricing information by now, but then I received an email stating that this was being delayed. Supposed to now hear soon/this week.

Just wondering how much prices will increase for 2015/16. Anyone hear anything?

They wouldn't tell me prices yet either, and said they wouldn't know until March. :/ If you find out sooner than that, let us know...

I'm guessing they are gonna go up (I'd be shocked if they weren't) and they probably didn't wanna announce that during the trash fest that has been going on for the last few weeks.

Yeah, for sure. They are doing a promotion now where if you are a new wine and gold member and put a deposit down, you get free tickets to a game next week. I think they realize tickets haven't been selling as much as they thought.

Not on the topic of season tickets, but I have "won" the single ticket lottery every month, and they keep sending me emails saying more tickets have just been released. The prices have been so much higher on the newly released tickets/lottery tickets (maybe to limit resales) that I always end up buying through flash seats instead. I do think once they get in a winning streak again things will be different, although even during the last winning streak I got first row, upper level tickets on flash seats for $9/ticket the day of the game.

Last edited:
Yeah, for sure. They are doing a promotion now where if you are a new wine and gold member and put a deposit down, you get free tickets to a game next week. I think they realize tickets haven't been selling as much as they thought.

Not on the topic of season tickets, but I have "won" the single ticket lottery every month, and they keep sending me emails saying more tickets have just been released. The prices have been so much higher on the newly released tickets/lottery tickets (maybe to limit resales) that I always end up buying through flash seats instead. I do think once they get in a winning streak again things will be different, although even during the last winning streak I got first row, upper level tickets on flash seats for $9/ticket the day of the game.

Same thing with me. I currently have a half season package and I've started to realize that I'm ok with only going a couple times a season and watching the rest at home. I'm probably not going to renew and if there are any games I really want to go to next year I'll just get them from Flashseats since its generally cheaper.

Same thing with me. I currently have a half season package and I've started to realize that I'm ok with only going a couple times a season and watching the rest at home. I'm probably not going to renew and if there are any games I really want to go to next year I'll just get them from Flashseats since its generally cheaper.

FYI- they are doing partial season ticket plans this year (10 games), which they said they weren't doing last year with the increased interest in season tickets. Otherwise, yeah- flash seats is the way to go for just a few games here and there.

I think it was a huge flop by limiting everything to Flash Seats. Flash Seats does not have a big enough customer base. This is causing a lot of season ticket holders to sell tickets at reduced values, thus undercutting the cavs front office. The plus for the Cavs is they make 23% profit for any sold on Flash Seats.

I know, everyone I talk to IRL is shocked that there are tickets out there because they hadn't even heard about flash seats. They just assume tickets are sold out when there are actually tons of tickets out there.

I think it was a huge flop by limiting everything to Flash Seats. Flash Seats does not have a big enough customer base. This is causing a lot of season ticket holders to sell tickets at reduced values, thus undercutting the cavs front office. The plus for the Cavs is they make 23% profit for any sold on Flash Seats.

What I think had a WAY more negative effect was the Cavs acting like Nazi Germany early on.

They were threatening season ticket holders left and right about being a ticket "broker" i.e. trying to sell tickets for an arbitrary price they deemed to be too high.

This caused a larger majority of people to list tickets way too close to face value. Why does that matter? Flash Seats is just a cesspool of people trying to pay WAY less than face value for seats. So when the Cavs threats caused the average ticket price on there to go down, it also really undercut bids. Instead of listing tickets at lets says twice face and accepting a bid at 100-120%, many games you face eating the seats or taking a loss because people are too paranoid to list their tickets at market prices.

I've been lucky to avoid that in almost every game but the majority of bids I get on the site are WAYYYY below the face value of my seats. When I had tickets in 2009-2010, there honestly was 1/10th the number of low bids there are now. For that reason, it's unlikely I'll renew my tickets.

The Cavs hardline stance has made it a lot less economical to buy tickets, even for someone who's going to use them. The playoff guarantee is nice but with the current system, you open yourself up to a lot more financial exposure than a traditional contending team. I'm sure it's great for all the people in the organization on the take but season tickets should be about rewarding fans willing to invest in the team, not squeezing every last penny out of them for the betterment of the casual fan (buying single game tickets).

/endrant

No one else here received any notification/emails from the Cavs about renewal/pricing/next year's charges?

Just got my updated dues letter.

Doesn't list a full price, but by my calculations, it looks like my seats went up by about $8 per seat per game ($330 or so total on my lower bowl corner half season two seat plan)

Not bad considering they didn't raise them at all when Bron came back.

Also WAAAY cheaper than single game seats. My new package price looks like about $69 a seat. Single games were going between $100-150 for that location minimum, over $300 for the opener.

What I think had a WAY more negative effect was the Cavs acting like Nazi Germany early on.

They were threatening season ticket holders left and right about being a ticket "broker" i.e. trying to sell tickets for an arbitrary price they deemed to be too high.

This caused a larger majority of people to list tickets way too close to face value. Why does that matter? Flash Seats is just a cesspool of people trying to pay WAY less than face value for seats. So when the Cavs threats caused the average ticket price on there to go down, it also really undercut bids. Instead of listing tickets at lets says twice face and accepting a bid at 100-120%, many games you face eating the seats or taking a loss because people are too paranoid to list their tickets at market prices.

I've been lucky to avoid that in almost every game but the majority of bids I get on the site are WAYYYY below the face value of my seats. When I had tickets in 2009-2010, there honestly was 1/10th the number of low bids there are now. For that reason, it's unlikely I'll renew my tickets.

The Cavs hardline stance has made it a lot less economical to buy tickets, even for someone who's going to use them. The playoff guarantee is nice but with the current system, you open yourself up to a lot more financial exposure than a traditional contending team. I'm sure it's great for all the people in the organization on the take but season tickets should be about rewarding fans willing to invest in the team, not squeezing every last penny out of them for the betterment of the casual fan (buying single game tickets).

/endrant

As a member of that cesspool, I appreciate the compliment.

There is no face value. Welcome to "dynamic pricing".

Also, as has been demonstrated numerous times this year, your competition isn't the other season ticketholders, it's the Cavs themselves routinely dumping last minute tickets on to FlashSeats.

My season seats/parking went up about 18% or close to an additional $3,000 for the season or an additional $28 per ticket (not including parking) for lower bowl middles! And that's with supposedly my longevity/season ticket discount. No loaded value for concessions, gift shop either, to my knowledge. I think we get a scarf.

Seats did not go up after LeBron returned last summer since the prices were already set for season ticketholders who already renewed, just like prices did not go down after he left for any of the years.

Just call us fanatics.

I would like to learn how they are pricing these seats by sections and whether they are tiering the pricing even within sections. In the past, the Cavs would give you a chart that listed seat pricing by sections, with disclosed discounts for longevity. Now, it's basically "here is your price" in a vacuum.

Anyone else have pricing info?

But--that's the price we pay for a great team that is getting better and the best player in the world.

Last edited:
My season seats went up about 18% or close to an additional $3,000 for the season or an additional $64 per ticket for lower bowl middles! And that's with supposedly my longevity/season ticket discount. No loaded value for concessions, gift shop either, to my knowledge. I think we get a scarf.

Seats did not go up after LeBron returned last summer since the prices were already set for season ticketholders who already renewed, just like prices did not go down after he left for any of the years.

Just call us fanatics.

I would like to see how they are pricing these seats by sections and whether they are tiering the pricing even within sections. In the past, the Cavs would give you a chart that listed seat pricing by sections, with disclosed discounts for longevity. Now, it's basically "here is your price" in a vacuum.

I'd like to know what others are being charged.

But--that's the price we pay for a great team and the best player in the world.
Really? How many seats do you have? 2? 4?

Ok, I take back what I said in my last post my tickets went up by twice that amount I had originally said. My math was off.

According to the monthly payment amount that they gave me today (based on 11 months since there was no January charge... they said they would adjust future payments to make up the difference) I calculated that my seats went up by $12 per seat per game, or $528 on the year.

Still not bad, but I'm shocked by your number. My seats went up by 19%. How did your seats go up by $64 per seat? Were you paying $320 per seat last year?

Here's another data point as I've received my renewal pricing as well. My three seats (in S133 R11) went up just $150 for our 10-game plan. That's a 6.25% increase over last year (or $5 per seat, per game). Not too bad.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."