• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs sign Chris Crawford again

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Crawford opens NBA Summer League with a bang
6_1298683.jpg

Former Memphis guard Chris Crawford wasn't selected in last month's NBA Draft, but he is clearly on a mission to prove his doubters wrong. The 6-foot-4 guard scored a team-high 20 points on 8-of-13 shooting to lead the Houston Rockets on Saturday in the opening game of the NBA Summer League in Orlando. Crawford saw 25 minutes of action, and even nailed a trio of three-pointers. However, the Detroit Pistons came away victorious, 95-89.

Sounds like Will Cherry 2.0.

Speaking of Cherry, did anyone pick him up?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ndrafted-chris-crawford-to-two-year-contract/

Cavaliers sign undrafted Chris Crawford to two-year contract
Dan Feldman

Sep 12, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT

Leave a comment
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti2odgyodqymzm5zmq3oteymzzmyzyymtkwmmzhn2nk.jpeg
Chris Crawford
He’s not Ray Allen, but the Cavaliers might have found another guard.

Chris Crawford didn’t generate much draft buzz after four years at Memphis. He scored 20 points in his summer-league debut with the Rockets and then fell off.

But somewhere along the way, he impressed Cleveland.

Shams Charania of RealGM:

A 6-foot-4 guard, Crawford made 37 percent of his 3-pointers in college. He also shot just 9-for-35 (26 percent) in summer league, though that’s a small sample.

I have to think that’s the skill that intrigues the Cavaliers. In most areas, Crawford is unspectacular, though decent.

Will he make the roster, though?

As I see it, Cleveland already has 13 players mostly locked in:

John Lucas III, Malcolm Thomas, Erik Murphy and Alex Kirk also loom with small or no salary guarantees. Lucas, Thomas and Murphy – acquired from the Jazz for use in a later trade – still hold value for their ability to facilitate deals. I’m not sure whether the Cavaliers will keep any of those three into the season to lengthen the window for making such a follow-up trade, but that could squeeze out Crawford.

NBA teams can assign a few players waived before the regular season to their D-League team as long as another D-League team doesn’t hold their rights. This allows an NBA team to more closely control a player’s development, but other NBA teams are free to sign that player.

Crawford might be a candidate for that route, but if he were definitely headed to the Canton Charge, there would be no point of giving him a two-year contract. Though I suspect that second year is fully unguaranteed, it indicates Cleveland’s openness to keeping him on the NBA roster.

Kirk is in the same boat, and likely both wind up waived and in the D-League. But there’s still a chance either plays his way onto the NBA roster.

Of course, if Ray Allen decides to suit up for the Cavaliers, they’ll find room for him much more easily.

They were apparently dead set on bringing a third PG into camp. As long as he doesn't take minutes from Delly or Dion I really don't care...

No idea who this kid is. Can someone who's seen him talk about his defense?

OMG WE GOT CHRIS CRAWFORD. I go to Memphis and have had dinner with him many times and he was always imo underatted college PG. He is a great shooter and defender and passer. He pretty much does everything. I say by year 2 he will take Kyries starting position. Hes really good.

(Im waiting for "This guy" to come in the thread and post this lol

OMG WE GOT CHRIS CRAWFORD. I go to Memphis and have had dinner with him many times and he was always imo underatted college PG. He is a great shooter and defender and passer. He pretty much does everything. I say by year 2 he will take Kyries starting position. Hes really good.

Before I saw what you said on the bottom I was about to post this.
45269.original-5547.gif

Griff said a few times that we planned to add another point guard.

Billups announced his retirement yesterday so I assume that's why we heard this today.

He'll duke it out with Powell for the 14/15th man spot unless there is an injury to Kyrie or Delly. Other than that he'll be in a suit on gamedays.

So in other words, he's a Ben Uzoh type game changer.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."