• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs/Twolves/Celts 3 way idea

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voodoo

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
Maybe this isn't realistic, maybe it is. Let me say I'm not exactly sure how the trade exception stuff works - I'll leave that to the experts here. Might be easier to get K Martin now while injured. But here is the framework for a trade. And it works on the Trade Machine.

Cavs give up Tristan (probably going to want big $$$$ at end of year and I don't think his offensive game warrants paying him $10-14M per year), Dion (who I still really like but you have to give to get), Joe Harris (some value), Amundson, and Delly (not crazy about trading him, but his game is overrated anyways - 30% FG & no ability to drive/create - gritty defender and that's it). Cavs receive Dieng, Martin, and Wright.

Boston gives up Brandan Wright ($$$$ saver). Perhaps a 2nd rounder to Minny. Gets Harris, Admundson, and our Memphis 1st rounder.

Minnesota gives up Gorgui Dieng (I know, they don't want to trade him, but getting Tristan, Dion, a possible pick, and getting out of Kevin Martin's contract may entice them) and Kevin Martin (I think they want to dump his $$$). Gets Tristan, Dion, Delly, and a 2nd rounder from Boston.

End result for Cavs:
C - Dieng
F- Love
F- James
G- Martin (when he comes back)
G- Irving

Bench - Wright picks up the 12-15 minutes at each spot backing up Dieng/Love

Still have Marion & Miller available for 20-25 nightly minutes to back up the SF/SG spots.

Only thing I don't like about this scenario is not having a backup PG on roster. But decent PGs are somewhat easy to find. Plus LeBron is really the PG anyways.... but I'd still go after a vet who a team may want to dump.

Also would go after some D League players to fill out roster.

............so we give
1.Start Center
2.six man
3.main backup PG
4.the first pick

just for Gorgui Dieng, Wright & a injuried Martin?!

:conf (11):

Last edited:
Dieng becomes your center for next X number of years. Wright becomes back up C/PF. Martin's better than Dion and he'll be back in a month or so. Thompson has no O. And your #4 from above... it's not "the first pick". It's a 1st rounder.

Dieng becomes your center for next X number of years. Wright becomes back up C/PF. Martin's better than Dion and he'll be back in a month or so. Thompson has no O. And your #4 from above... it's not "the first pick". It's a 1st rounder.
Oof. Dieng is not worth all of that.

snifftest.0.gif

Oof. Dieng is not worth all of that.

It's not just Dieng we'd be getting. Martin is a borderline all start SG. Plus Wright.

Dieng would give us 10/10 on average. And some much needed length.

We shouldn't blow our wad just yet. Never know what might happen over the course of the season.

Lots of teams that have quality big men are underperforming so far this season; including, Charlotte, Sacramento, Philly (Noel+Embiid?), Detroit and Indiana just to name a few.

I'd be willing to wait for the offseason to find a solution to our eternal problem at center.

It's not just Dieng we'd be getting. Martin is a borderline all start SG. Plus Wright.

Dieng would give us 10/10 on average. And some much needed length.

I agree about Dieng, but you're overvaluing Martin a great deal -- he's made of glass and has been moved by several teams already for that very reason.

Dieng and Wright would be great; us taking on Martin is doing the Wolves a favor, not the reverse.

THe biggest thing I regret about the Love trade is not trying to get Dieng. We gave up a lot and I wonder if we could have gotten more if we had held our ground and insisted...it doesn't seem like anyone else's offer for Love was close to ours.

Voodoo Needs to be checked into a facility after that trade proposal.

Reactions: KB
Don't want Martin.
1.) He's injured.
2.) His contract.

Ok... we will stick with Tristan at center. Mike Miller at SG. No big man off the bench. And head case Dion.

K Martin is a career 18ppg player. Sweet outside shooter who does have some ability to create his own shot. Excellent FT shooter. Great size for a SG. Good defender. Excellent +/- numbers this year. Signed for the next three years.

Dieng is an up and comer. Could max out as a 12-15 ppg and 10-12 boards. Long body. Wright would provide immediate help at both C/PW.

TT is going to ask to be paid far more than he is worth. He has zero offensive game. I like Dion (I actually think his minutes should be way up)... but he's still Dion

But I'm the one who needs to be checked into a facility. Whatever.

Lol....

You just joined the board yesterday.. Relax.

I'm chilled - just like LeBron :doh (27):

I just think KMart is a better player than Dion. And Dieng provides us production similar to TT. And is way cheaper. And Wright helps too. Losing the players I posted doesn't really hurt us....

I'm chilled - just like LeBron :doh (27):

I just think KMart is a better player than Dion. And Dieng provides us production similar to TT. And is way cheaper. And Wright helps too. Losing the players I posted doesn't really hurt us....

You're not factoring cost-performance ratio. Let alone, injury, age, and average level of production. When you take these aspects into consideration, there is no way you could think that KMart has greater value than Dion Waiters.

Dieng is great, and Wright would be a solid pickup.

Lastly, losing those players does hurt us. Dion gives us scoring off the bench, and Tristan's energy and offensive rebounds have won us quite a few games this season. Again, I think you're undervaluing our players and overvaluing the Wolves' players.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."