• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs vs. Mavs -- Friday, Oct. 17, 7:30pm (STO and NBA TV)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wuck

Hustling on the inside
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dallas_Mavericks_Logo9.jpg
VS.
cleveland_cavaliers_logo9.gif

Kyrie back?

EDIT:

Last edited:
I'm wondering how this Mavs season will go. The team is improved, but maybe not to contender status. You never know tho as the year they won no one picked them. They fought the Spurs last year after all.

Carlyle is one of my favorite coaches in the NBA. I think I would rank him at #2 behind Pop. He really plays to his players strengths and is good at hiding their weaknesses.

No Love tonight however. I'm pretty sure in one of the next 2 games we'll see LeBron get the night off with Love & Kyrie playing...which means we'll have one game where Kyrie, LeBron and Love are all playing together.

I'm hoping that will be the game in Columbus against the Bulls, but it might be the final game in Memphis instead.

So, LeBron and Kyrie tonight? Love and Kyrie in Columbus v. Chicago? and then all three v. Memphis?

Dallas Mavericks vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: Things to look for

CLEVELAND, Ohio – We're more than halfway past the 2014 exhibition season and what's concerning is health. The Cavaliers, like any other team, have had their share of nicks and bruises.

With the Dallas Mavericks coming to town, at this point, Cleveland just wants to make sure they make it out the game unscathed. Here are some things to look for.

1. Everybody ready?

For the first time since the opening preseason game, every Cavalier could be healthy and ready to play tonight. Cleveland has had an impressive start, but we have yet to see them in full force against an NBA opponent. What they've shown is that if a key contributor goes down, they have the roster composition to weather the storm. The big-3 needs time to gel with the regular season approaching.

2. Return of Kyrie Irving?

Kyrie Irving has sat out the team's last three preseason games as he recovers from a right ankle sprain. The team and Irving have stated that it's not serious and keeping him out has been for cautionary reasons. However, we're approaching the fifth preseason game and Irving, for the most part, hasn't been out there with the new starters gaining continuity and chemistry. It's important that he gets some significant burn as the exhibition season approaches a close. But then again, it is the preseason.

3. Kevin Love to rest?

LeBron James and Anderson Varejao have had a day off during this preseason. It would make all the sense in the world if Kevin Love were to sit this game out considering he suffered a "stiff neck" in Wednesday's game versus the Pacers and bang knees in Tuesday's match against the Bucks. Head coach David Blatt did say on Wednesday that he hopes Love will play.

4. Price gaining on Delly?

AJ Price is playing like he's not going to be content just making the squad as the team's third point guard. He is proving that he is capable of challenging Matthew Dellavedova for backup duties. Price's play of late has caught the attention of the coaching staff. Both guards have had their moments. It's no longer a one-man race.

Probable Starters:

Dallas Mavericks (1-2)

F Dirk Nowitzki

F Chandler Parsons

C Tyson Chandler

G Richard Jefferson

G Jameer Nelson

Cleveland Cavaliers (4-0)

F Kevin Love

F LeBron James

C Tristan Thompson

G Dion Waiters

G Matthew Dellavedova

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/10/dallas_mavericks_vs_cleveland.html

I'm really not a fan of Chris Haynes' writing. His observations seem very...amateurish and generally meaningless. Jason Lloyd still seems to be the only local reporter that actually goes in-depth with stuff.

I'm really not a fan of Chris Haynes' writing. His observations seem very...amateurish and generally meaningless. Jason Lloyd still seems to be the only local reporter that actually goes in-depth with stuff.
I agree. Anyone who thinks AJ Price is closing in on Delly is on crack. Delly actually tries getting the team into sets and is directing them like a PG while playing D. Price is playing like 3 string PG trying to make the team. He shoots way to much and his D isn't great. There's a reason this guy has been bouncing around the NBA.

As a third string guard Price would be very good, but he is nowhere near Delly in terms of impact on the floor. Delly has started with bron and love and managed to not look like a fool. can't say Price would be able to do the same thing.

As I've said a few weeks ago: The problem with Haynes is that he still doesn't know our team-dynamics that well. I remember him saying in a podcast 2 weeks ago that he was surprised what a fan favorite Delly is. I believe Chris didn't even know him before he arrived in Cleveland. :chuckle:

So for me, it's quite obvious that after those preseason games where AJ played good basketball, and where probably for the first time in his journalistic career Chris watched two consecutive Cavs games, he calls it a "no longer one-man race". For him, Delly and AJ are probably both fighting for that back up role.
But in reality, it's more or less a lock, that Delly is our second point guard behind Kyrie.

If chrs is the type to take a quote like "were impressed with aj price and turns it into ... price is challenging Delly for the backup guard spot without anyone actually saying that.. Im not interested in reading his stuff
Someone could of very well hinted that aj was being considered as the backup point guard... but i dont think thats the case.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."