1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Cedar Point fast lane

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CornerThree, Apr 20, 2012.

1. CornerThree

CornerThree 13-7-9-14

http://behindthethrills.com/2012/04/cedar-point-officially-adds-fast-lane/

This basically sounds like a must add on, although I'd ultimately be curious as to how much line you actually save. If anyone decides to use it, I'd be interested in how it was. I doubt we'll go much before August this year.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BMAN

BMAN Sixth Man

• Like Like x 3
  3. Chris

Chris Welcome to the Future

rofl, yes.

If everyone is buying this how much time are you really saving.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CornerThree

CornerThree 13-7-9-14

It's limited to a certain amount of purchases per day. But yeah, I'm skeptical about the effectiveness if it ends up being more than a stealth increase to ticket prices. I figure enough younger peeps hang out here, so surely someone will try this out.

5. Chris

I gotta admit as a coaster/Cedar Point buff, I would pay the extra coin for this in an instant if it doubled the amount of rides I got to hit per day. My days of waiting in line for 3 hours are done. Shit is so fucking annoying.

• Like Like x 3
  6. SixPACK

SixPACK Takin' RCF to Poundtown

Exactly. I am mid-20's and as I don't mind waiting 1-2 hours for Top Thrill Dragster or Millennium Force (only 2 I would do that for, mayyybe Maverick) with a group of people, if I only have to wait 1 hour TOPS, which I feel this "Fast Lane" should be 15-45min tops, I would be happy.

You have to order ahead of time, so hopefully one of you does it early on so we can know if it is worth it

Also, stophe, if you are a coaster buff, if you haven't gotten to ride The Hulk as Universal Studios or The Kraken at Sea World in Orlando, you are missing out. 2 of my favorite roller coasters in the nation.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Pyro

Pyro Banned

I can assure you, as the resident CP expert, and resident expert of all things amusement park and coaster-related, that this IS worth it. They demo'd it at Kings Island last season (which is celebrating it's 40th anniversary this season), and from what I have heard, it was amazing. Buy it. Use it. Enjoy everything twice as fast.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pyro

Pyro Banned

I would also like to take this time to talk about some new additions to CP this season.

[​IMG]

What are they doing here? Where did the screen go? I hear you cry. Well, as you know, the new CEO of Cedar Fair (the company that owns Cedar Point, etc etc) Matt Ouimet, was the PRESIDENT of Disneyland during it's comeback. He took a tour of Cedar Point at night and said "This place is nice, but we really need to light this place up.". And so, that's exactly what they are doing with... ILLUMINOSITY

[video=youtube;qLyyRuzoHZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLyyRuzoHZk[/video]

GONE is the screen, the booths are moved to the side, and IN comes a stage show, fireworks display, and MORE! The midways will also be lit up, DJs stationed at the stage and historic ballroom to entertain the crowds after closing, man oh MAN what a Summer it's going to be at the Point!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/what-s-new/luminosity

However, I would wait for next season, because rumor has it... that... well...

[​IMG]

NEW COASTER IN 2013

Rumors SWIRLING that Cedar Point will be adding a B&M wing-rider coaster.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Chris

Fuck yeaaaah

10. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

I go to KI more than CP since they include the water-park with the dry park so I know more about this. Nobody gets this fast lane thing it because it's not worth it. Its an extra $50 on top of the price of admission. Just go during the week and you won't need it.

That video of the midway show looked friggin flaming. Looks like a whole show of the Miami Marlins HR feature. Nobody sticks around for it or is in line for more rides. Waste of space and money.

• Like Like x 1
  11. southernflyer

southernflyer Situational Stopper

Universal has this and it runs between $40 and $70 a day per person, depending on season. If you have one or two days and want to ride every ride, I guess it is worth it. I have a season pass so I just stop after work or have a day off, ride Hulk or Harry Potter and leave, for $180 a year with free parking. One day standard ticket for Universal plus Express runs over $150 during the busy seasons. A lot of Europeans buy these Express passes.

12. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

stop telling people how to spend their money.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pyro

Pyro Banned

How about you shut the fuck up and realize I know more about this shit then you, and than anyone else here. Welcome to the ignore list, fucktard.

14. Pyro

Pyro Banned

And furthermore, this is absurd. During the season, there is NO SUCH THING as a non-busy day at Cedar Point. It simply doesn't exist. Expect lines to be long whenever you go. No exceptions.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

$90 a person at CP for one day isn't worth it for people that actually work for their money instead of getting it from their parents. You don't know more than me. I actually go to these parks instead of reading about it at home. Come at me bro.

Now someone quote me.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Pyro

Pyro Banned

LOL. Even if that were the case, I would still know more, because whenever we go to an amusement park with the family, everyone looks to me as to where to go, EVEN IF I'VE NEVER BEEN THEIR BEFORE EITHER.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

How does that man you an expert? So you know more about stuff that people that couldn't care less about where rides are? You must feel so special.

18. Pyro

Pyro Banned

Just shut the fuck up Brandon.

19. Man Called X

Man Called X Not a **** was given

14 year old expert about amusement parks.

Okay, carry on.

• Like Like x 13
  20. ohiorulez

ohiorulez Situational Stopper

I like what Disney (Yes, I know they dont have that many good rollercoasters) has more... there they have a thing called Fast Pass where you can get a ticket for a certain time at a ride, and come back at that time and stand in a 15min line max... And its free too....

• Like Like x 1