• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cedar Point fast lane

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CornerThree

13-7-9-14
Reaction score
http://behindthethrills.com/2012/04/cedar-point-officially-adds-fast-lane/

Coaster fans, quick question. Which do you prefer? Wooden or steel? Many love the smoothness an maneuvers of the steel coasters, but there’s nothing like the feel of a hard woody in the morning. In fact, if you’re a theme park fan, you know that’s the best time to ride wood, first thing in the morning. The lines are usually much shorter, and you can get through a ton of your favorite park’s coasters before the lines start to form. For Cedar Point guests, getting to the park early just to skip the lines could be a thing of the past.

Guests will now be able to purchase “Fast-Lane” the all new Front of the Line System that lets riders skip the regular line on certain rides. Cedar Fair tried out the system with Kings Island last season, and is expected to try out the system at other parks this year as well. Many coaster enthusiasts have spoken out against the park, chastising the decision to charge to get to the front of the line, while others have already booked it online.

The rides available will be-

Blue Streak
Gemini
Corkscrew
Magnum XL-200
Maverick
Millennium Force
Raptor
Top Thrill Dragster
Mean Streak
Max Air
Power Tower
Windseeker
Giant Wheel
Cadillac Cars
Dodgem
Shoot the Rapids
The cost will be approximately $50 dollars per person, but the park offers discounts for people buying it together. For example, a group of five or more can get Fast Lane for just $30 dollars a person, while two people will pay $45 dollars per person. The rides have already gotten separate entrances for Fast Lane, so as to not encroach on those waiting in “Standby”. Also, unlike other parks, the number of Fast Lane passes will be limited. Parks like Universal tend not to limit the sale of their front of the line passes, which makes average wait times skyrocket. Disney uses a free FastPass system that allows guests to make a “reservation” of sorts and come back later. Many critics of the systems say that it creates longer lines for regular guests, as parks tend to cater more to those with the special tickets.
Still, with the soaring popularity of theme parks, the tickets are becoming almost a neccesity for those not wanting to wait in lines, or those with only one day in the park.

“Worlds Of Fun tested it for their houses at Haunt last season. I used it and it was well worth it.” Said enthusiast Tony Brennan “We would of probably only been able to do maybe 2 of the houses with 2hr + wait times at most houses and we got all of them with tons of time to spare with the pass.”

Cedar Point is one of the most beloved coaster capitals with 17 coasters. If the ticket sells, it’s likely more rides at the park will get the Fast Lane treatment, as well as more Cedar Fair parks.

This basically sounds like a must add on, although I'd ultimately be curious as to how much line you actually save. If anyone decides to use it, I'd be interested in how it was. I doubt we'll go much before August this year.

rofl, yes.

If everyone is buying this how much time are you really saving.

It's limited to a certain amount of purchases per day. But yeah, I'm skeptical about the effectiveness if it ends up being more than a stealth increase to ticket prices. I figure enough younger peeps hang out here, so surely someone will try this out.

I gotta admit as a coaster/Cedar Point buff, I would pay the extra coin for this in an instant if it doubled the amount of rides I got to hit per day. My days of waiting in line for 3 hours are done. Shit is so fucking annoying.

I gotta admit as a coaster/Cedar Point buff, I would pay the extra coin for this in an instant if it doubled the amount of rides I got to hit per day. My days of waiting in line for 3 hours are done. Shit is so fucking annoying.

Exactly. I am mid-20's and as I don't mind waiting 1-2 hours for Top Thrill Dragster or Millennium Force (only 2 I would do that for, mayyybe Maverick) with a group of people, if I only have to wait 1 hour TOPS, which I feel this "Fast Lane" should be 15-45min tops, I would be happy.

You have to order ahead of time, so hopefully one of you does it early on so we can know if it is worth it

Also, stophe, if you are a coaster buff, if you haven't gotten to ride The Hulk as Universal Studios or The Kraken at Sea World in Orlando, you are missing out. 2 of my favorite roller coasters in the nation.

I can assure you, as the resident CP expert, and resident expert of all things amusement park and coaster-related, that this IS worth it. They demo'd it at Kings Island last season (which is celebrating it's 40th anniversary this season), and from what I have heard, it was amazing. Buy it. Use it. Enjoy everything twice as fast.

I would also like to take this time to talk about some new additions to CP this season.

HalloWeekendsCam_640.jpg

What are they doing here? Where did the screen go? I hear you cry. Well, as you know, the new CEO of Cedar Fair (the company that owns Cedar Point, etc etc) Matt Ouimet, was the PRESIDENT of Disneyland during it's comeback. He took a tour of Cedar Point at night and said "This place is nice, but we really need to light this place up.". And so, that's exactly what they are doing with... ILLUMINOSITY

[video=youtube;qLyyRuzoHZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLyyRuzoHZk[/video]

GONE is the screen, the booths are moved to the side, and IN comes a stage show, fireworks display, and MORE! The midways will also be lit up, DJs stationed at the stage and historic ballroom to entertain the crowds after closing, man oh MAN what a Summer it's going to be at the Point!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/what-s-new/luminosity

However, I would wait for next season, because rumor has it... that... well...

db_2012_0325_BMTrack_GreenWing011.jpg

NEW COASTER IN 2013

Rumors SWIRLING that Cedar Point will be adding a B&M wing-rider coaster.

I go to KI more than CP since they include the water-park with the dry park so I know more about this. Nobody gets this fast lane thing it because it's not worth it. Its an extra $50 on top of the price of admission. Just go during the week and you won't need it.

That video of the midway show looked friggin flaming. Looks like a whole show of the Miami Marlins HR feature. Nobody sticks around for it or is in line for more rides. Waste of space and money.

Universal has this and it runs between $40 and $70 a day per person, depending on season. If you have one or two days and want to ride every ride, I guess it is worth it. I have a season pass so I just stop after work or have a day off, ride Hulk or Harry Potter and leave, for $180 a year with free parking. One day standard ticket for Universal plus Express runs over $150 during the busy seasons. A lot of Europeans buy these Express passes.

I can assure you, as the resident CP expert, and resident expert of all things amusement park and coaster-related, that this IS worth it. They demo'd it at Kings Island last season (which is celebrating it's 40th anniversary this season), and from what I have heard, it was amazing. Buy it. Use it. Enjoy everything twice as fast.

stop telling people how to spend their money.

stop telling people how to spend their money.

How about you shut the fuck up and realize I know more about this shit then you, and than anyone else here. Welcome to the ignore list, fucktard.

Just go during the week and you won't need it.

And furthermore, this is absurd. During the season, there is NO SUCH THING as a non-busy day at Cedar Point. It simply doesn't exist. Expect lines to be long whenever you go. No exceptions.

How about you shut the fuck up and realize I know more about this shit then you, and than anyone else here. Welcome to the ignore list, fucktard.

$90 a person at CP for one day isn't worth it for people that actually work for their money instead of getting it from their parents. You don't know more than me. I actually go to these parks instead of reading about it at home. Come at me bro.

Now someone quote me.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."