• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland Indians 2014 Bold Predictions

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tristan+kyrie=$

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
1. Santana hits 280 with 31 home runs and 103 RBIs
2. Salazar wins 15 games and becomes our "ace"
3. Asdrubal is traded at the deadline for a key piece and Lindor comes up to take over
4. Blake Wood comes up mid season and becomes a key bullpen arm in a stable of solid bullpen arms
5. Chisenhall runs out of chances and becomes the next Laporta
6. Gomes has a huge year with over 20 dingers and becomes a top 10 catcher in all of baseball
7. Brantley hits 310 with 15 bombs this season...dude is a good hitter
8. ZMAC loses his spot in the starting rotation mid season
9. Axford saves over 40 games and is dominant for most of the season
10. Indians win 93 games and get the home playoff game where they win but eventually fall in the ALCS

78-84

Third in the division.

Masterson blows out his arm and needs Tommy John surgery.

1. Santana hits 280 with 31 home runs and 103 RBIs
2. Salazar wins 15 games and becomes our "ace"
3. Asdrubal is traded at the deadline for a key piece and Lindor comes up to take over
4. Blake Wood comes up mid season and becomes a key bullpen arm in a stable of solid bullpen arms
5. Chisenhall runs out of chances and becomes the next Laporta
6. Gomes has a huge year with over 20 dingers and becomes a top 10 catcher in all of baseball
7. Brantley hits 310 with 15 bombs this season...dude is a good hitter
8. ZMAC loses his spot in the starting rotation mid season
9. Axford saves over 40 games and is dominant for most of the season
10. Indians win 93 games and get the home playoff game where they win but eventually fall in the ALCS

He is out of options, he'll either be on the roster opening day or he'll be gone. I'm hoping he's still here because I agree that he can be a good addition to our bullpen.

Giambi is DFA's by June

Santana makes the ASG

Pestano is our best reliever

Lindor starts 50+ games
We have 3 starters win 15+ games
We are top 5 (AL) in bullpen ERA
Bryan Shaw is lights out, and leads our team in appearances

I'd like to file copyright infringement on my "Bold Predictions" threads. :chuckles:

Anyways, I have not seen very many bold predictions in this thread so far, so I'll actually take the bold route:

1) Carlos Carrasco steps up in a large way and finishes with 13+ wins and a sub-4.00 ERA.
2) Michael Bourn continues to trend downward, as he bats sub-.240 and begins to lose his touch in the field.
3) The Indians have five twenty home run hitters this season: Swisher, Kipnis, Santana, Gomes, and Cabrera.
4) Asdrubal Cabrera is not traded at the deadline.
5) John Axford emerges as a top three closer in the AL and saves 45+ games.
6) The Tribe sends four players to the Mid-Summer Classic: Kipnis, Masterson, Salazar, and Santana.
7) Jason Kipnis finishes in the top five in AL MVP voting.
8) Zach McAllister fizzles out at mid-season and is replaced by Trevor Bauer, who performs near expectations.
9) Yan Gomes, Jason Kipnis, and Michael Brantley all bat .300 or better.
10) The Indians finish 97-65, first in the AL Central ahead of the surging Kansas City Royals, and make their first appearance in the World Series since 1997, where they fall in six games to the St. Louis Cardinals.

Last edited:
Yeah, some of these are not very bold at all.

I'm going to say Cabrera actually has huge bounceback year, something to the tune of .290 w/ 20 HRs. I don't even know if that is considered bold though.

Giambi is DFA's by June

Santana makes the ASG

Pestano is our best reliever

Brittle bones. I hate to agree with that, but I don't see him being able to be healthy (given his recent injury). :sad:

I'm a little baffled by the multiple predictions of McAllister's demise. What does this stem from? He's been pretty consistently solid since he's been in the majors.

Disappointed I haven't seen it...World Series Champs

I was thinking this earlier, but I think it would be fantastic if the Indians are the first team to break Cleveland's championship drought. The Tribe is treated like second-class citizens in terms of fan support in this city, so it would be nice karma for them to be the team that quietly wins a championship. It would be a real treat for the hardcore fans who followed this team from the beginning...those are the ones that deserve it the most.

Kipnis finishes below .270
Cabrera finishes above .270

The bullpen is what keeps us from again sneaking into the wildcard game.

Not so bold, I'll say we finish slightly above .500 and miss the playoffs.

Kipnis finishes below .270
Cabrera finishes above .270

The bullpen is what keeps us from again sneaking into the wildcard game.

Not so bold, I'll say we finish slightly above .500 and miss the playoffs.

Don't sell yourself short. Those are some very bold predictions given the plate discipline of each hitter.

Bitches please, those aren't bold predictions, here are some fucking bold predictions.

1.) Lindor will start the year with the club, despite being cut just yesterday.
2.) The Indians will win the World Series without losing a game in the playoffs.
3.) Zach McAllister will win the Cy Young.
4.) Jason Kipnis will win the Triple Crown.

Bitches please, those aren't retarded predictions, here are some fucking retarded predictions!

1.) Lindor will start the year with the club, despite being cut just yesterday.
2.) The Indians will win the World Series without losing a game in the playoffs.
3.) Zach McAllister will win the Cy Young.
4.) Jason Kipnis will win the Triple Crown.

Totally agree

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."