• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cleveland International Film Festival

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

kosis

Creeping like Sharia
Reaction score
Anyone go downtown and check out the festival? Anything good that you'd recommend? In my opinion it's one of the greatest events in Cleveland and it gets better every year.

For those that are unaware, Cleveland hosts this festival in March/April every year down at the Tower City theaters (3/18-3/29 this year). Films from all over the world are shown, many which have been to bigger festivals such as Sundance.

http://www.clevelandfilm.org/

If no one has seen anything or plans to then just let this thread die a slow and uneventful death.

Every year I want to kick myself in the ass for skipping this great event in our backyard.

Every year I want to kick myself in the ass for skipping this great event in our backyard.

There's still time, good sir. This weekend will be packed. I've already seen ten films and am close to being burned out/not being able to escape my current Twilight Zone state.

I hear a lot about it, but admittedly don't understand the appeal.

I hear a lot about it, but admittedly don't understand the appeal.

Well I think the appeal is that if you're a lover of film, this is the one time of year in Cleveland when you'll be able to see films from all over the world on the big screen. Docs, comedies, horror... all of these genres are interpreted differently by other countries, so this is the one time to catch them.

I love movies, so I can't imagine missing the film festival. On top of the films there are great crowds and panel discussions, and the money is supporting Cleveland. If you're not that into watching movies I get the trepidation. But if you are, I can't think of a single reason not to go down and catch a couple.

Just saw Meet the Hitlers, a documentary about people around the world with the name Hitler and how they deal with it. Why haven't they changed it? How has the name affected their lives? Just an example of something interesting that you might not see elsewhere.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."