• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Comcast BUYS Time Warner Cable

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pyro

Go Cleveland!
Reaction score
Can't be allowed... The Administration should, and likely will, prevent this merger.

Can't be allowed... The Administration should, and likely will, prevent this merger.

Not sure if this will help but I read in another article that they are going to give up 3 million customers to do this.

So a company known for horrible customer service and lousy product quality is buying another company known for horrible customer service and lousy product quality.

I've never had Comcast, but there's no way they could possibly be worse than Time Warner Cable as far as customer service goes.

My dad works for Time Warner, his boss is the vice president for the mid west, so ill try to get us some inside information

Not sure if this will help but I read in another article that they are going to give up 3 million customers to do this.

I heard this was going to happen for a while

been in the works for a long time

Let's pour out some urine for our dead TWC homies.

So a company known for horrible customer service and lousy product quality is buying another company known for horrible customer service and lousy product quality.
What if Goatse and Tubgirl were cable companies and decide to have a baby.

The FCC had a rule that cable companies couldn't own more than 30% marketshare... it's been shot down by courts so technically they don't have to comply but they're just trying to cover their bases. I still think this is a huge antitrust concern. How is merging the 2 biggest cable companies helpful to competition? I mean they both suck but still...

As if I didn't want Google Fiber to expand fast enough...

The FCC had a rule that cable companies couldn't own more than 30% marketshare... it's been shot down by courts so technically they don't have to comply but they're just trying to cover their bases. I still think this is a huge antitrust concern. How is merging the 2 biggest cable companies helpful to competition? I mean they both suck but still...

As if I didn't want Google Fiber to expand fast enough...

"It was not immediately clear if Comcast would propose certain markets to divest, but shedding those subscribers should keep Comcast with less than 30 percent national market share for pay television, a level the company believes will satisfy antitrust regulators."

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/comcast-set-to-acquire-time-warner-cable/

My fiancé has time warner at her apartment. I've never seen a company so pathetic when it comes to customer service. My parents have Armstrong at their house and it is incredible compared.

I'm curious to see how much worse it can really get.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."