• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Corey Kluber Extension Thread (Reported 5-year deal + two club options)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Corey Kluber being a late bloomer and peaking before he became eligible for arbitration is pretty incredible for the Indians. They're going to have a CY Young pitcher in their rotation for the next 5 years from age 29-34 at under $10 mill annually.

Wow this Kluber news makes me happy...he will be an Indian for his whole career...Indians may not be that popular in Cleveland but with the core they have and the pitching they have...this summer could be very special and I hope more people in Cleveland take notice...if the breaks go our way and we stay healthy...this team can contend for a World Series

Holy shit.

I'm sure the Indians will throw in some more money, but...5 years, two of them club options...that's amazing.

Seriously, great deal. I wonder what the money range will be.

Holy shit.

I'm sure the Indians will throw in some more money, but...5 years, two of them club options...that's amazing.

I'm interpreting that as 5 years plus 2 option years...so it can be 7 years in length...otherwise it wouldn't really be an extension as we would buy off 1 arbitration year guaranteed.

I'm interpreting that as 5 years plus 2 option years...so it can be 7 years in length...otherwise it wouldn't really be an extension as we would buy off 1 arbitration year guaranteed.

In that case, Kluber will be here for the remainder of his usefulness in MLB, more than likely.

That's excellent. I'd imagine that they could get roughly the same deal for CC too.

Pretty strong deal for the team, locking Kluber up until his age 35 season.

For as much support as I've given Dolan and the front office, this deal is almost unprecedented from their end.

Kluber locked up for a reason able price for the remainder of his career? Oh.....and if he does fall off we can decline his option.

Great F'n deal. Kluber seems like a down to earth guy where money isn't that big of a deal. He's now set for life, and we get a damn good pitcher for 5 more years.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."