• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Create Trade Scenarios for Love

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I've been pimping this trade in a few threads, so here is a look:

Love + Dieng for Wiggins + Bennett + Harris + Delly + Felix ------No picks involved at all

haywood and powell can't be traded, if I'm right on the rules.

If Thompson is expendable in our eyes, then I replace Bennett with Thompson in the trade. I just don't think he is.

If GSW give up Klay they would just get Klove for themselves

Philly is still in full asset collection mode and might love the opportunity to bring in a hometown guy who would thrive as a high usage role as the main distributor. Plus MCW and Thad have been on the market for months. Most recently, Philly was rumored to be considering a swap with the Lakers of MCW for the 7th pick, for a reference of what they feel his value is.

Philly gets Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, Miami's 1st.
(A backcourt potential start to replace MCW, dump Thad, upgrade a 2nd rounder to a 1st)

Minnesota gets Michael Carter-Williams, Thad Young, Memphis 1st, Philly 2nd, Cavs 2nd
(Gets the 2013 rookie of the year to create a combo guard platoon of Zach LaVine and MCW to play alongside Rubio, and a vet PF to help pick up Love's slack. Minny said they want players ready now. This is a mix of both. Plus two draft picks)

Cleveland gets Kevin Love
(Because Kevin Love, and also if we can get away with only giving up two firsts, then 2016 will be the only year we don't have a first rounder)

I dunno, seems like the start of something. Wish we hadn't given up Zeller and Sergey already. One of those guys would have helped sweeten the pot.

i like Philly as a trade partner too.

i posted this idea in another thread:

Philly gets:
Dwight Powell, Carrick Felix, two first rounders

Cavs get:

Kevin Love

Minny gets:
Thad Young, Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett

i like Philly as a trade partner too.

i posted this idea in another thread:

Philly gets:
Dwight Powell, Carrick Felix, two first rounders

Cavs get:

Kevin Love

Minny gets:
Thad Young, Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett

This...actually makes sense for all 3 sides. Would be even better if we could sub out AB for TT, but that's just greedy.

Philly gets assets for their rebuild mode.

Minny gets two young, high upside players and a solid PF, all of whom can play NOW.

Cavs...well duh

This...actually makes sense for all 3 sides. Would be even better if we could sub out AB for TT, but that's just greedy.

Philly gets assets for their rebuild mode.

Minny gets two young, high upside players and a solid PF, all of whom can play NOW.

Cavs...well duh

according to this Minnesota is interested in Ryan Anderson:

@DYST_Now

SOURCE: Ryan Anderson is wanted commodity right now. Detroit, Minnesota, Warriors, and a couple other unnamed teams showing interest.

you could basically make the same trade i mentioned with New Orleans instead of Philly (with Ryan Anderson going to Minny instead of Thad Young. New Orleans would get 2 of the players we picked in the 2nd round and 2 picks to get rid of Anderson)

OK, so I was playing with the Trade Machine and came up with the following...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=p4aw9wq

How does this look?

CLE: Obvious reasons for Love. Sims is a big body.

Wolves: Allow Smoove to play his spot at the 4 along with snagging players with at least 2 years left on their deal. Waiters has potential and at least was playing on the upward trend after the ASB, and comparatively had similar numbers with Bradley Beal. Davies is a fill-in big body. Minny can take their pick of the following:

Swap option on Cavs 2015 first round draft pick. If the Cavs' 2015 first-round draft pick is a non-lottery pick (outside the top 14), the Bulls have the option to swap draft positions with the Cavs. This applies only to the 2015 pick and does not apply to future years.

2015 first round draft pick from Miami
Miami's 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-10 in 2015 or 1-10 in 2016. Unprotected in 2017 [Cleveland-Miami, 7/9/2010]

2015 first round draft pick from Memphis
Memphis' 1st round pick to Cleveland protected for selections 1-5 and 15-30 in 2015, 1-5 and 15-30 in 2016, 1-5 in 2017 or 1-5 in 2018 or unprotected in 2019 [Cleveland-Memphis, 1/22/2013]

Pistons: Get rid of Smoove's contract and erases Dumars's prior big signing. Gain a solid vet to play off the bench behind Monroe/Drummond. Perhaps the Cavaliers can send a 2nd round pick in compensation for facilitating.

Sixers: They're trying to tank, and they haven't tried to hide it either. They already have shown to take fliers on potential big talent and Bennett at least provides potential to be an solid stretch 4. With the roster as currently constructed, Bennett should be able to at least increase his value due to Philly's offensive pace and lack of veterans in front of him. Haywood's contract is VERY valuable next season (http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/07/b...-contract.html). Shved is an expiring who may or may not rebound from his last season but there isn't much commitment either way. Cavs could send a future pick as well.

Detroit could send a pick to Minny or Philly for relieving themselves of Smith possibly.

I'm really torn about giving up Wiggins and would prefer to keep Wiggins but I'm not sure we'll get a deal done without including him. With that said I'm thinking something along the lines of Love and Dieng for Wiggins and Bennett and probably 2 first round picks. If I'm giving up Wiggins I would push hard for Dieng to help us in the front court. I would probably even give up the 2nd first rounder for him to be included. With Lebron and Love the center position would mainly be defense, rebound, and dunks when passed to close to the hoop.

I would prefer to trade Thompson over Bennett as I think Bennett is going to be vastly improved this year but having Love, Thompson, Varejao and Dieng would give you front court players with varying skill sets. The other issue we have with our current roster and making a trade now is that we don't have a lot of guys that we can include in a trade. I certainly don't want to give up 3 of Wiggins, Waiters, Bennett and Thompson.

Here's mine at the moment:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kltjlxs

Minny gets to win now (this is very similar in quality to the Bulls offer).

Philly takes on salary to get first round picks (seems like what they want to do).

Cavs get love, but also keep the cap friendly contracts of Wiggins and Bennett.

Alternatively, you can send Waiters to Philly and the first round picks to Minny:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nepvz3o

You could also send Waiters to Philly, the first round picks to Philly, and let Minny do a full salary dump

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n6sxhxx

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."