• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dan Gilbert

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I really hope this new found attention for Dan turns that media/SAS narrative of him being some asshole owner. It's time everyone appreciated Dan as a great owner, not just Cleveland fans

Absolutely. It cannot be overstated the importance of an owner that’s willing to spend whatever it takes to win.

None of this would be happening if someone like Larry Dolan or Micky Arison owned the Cavs.

Thanks for everything, Dan, WE LOVE YOU!!

read an article on waitingfornextyear.com that we can break a record for the highest amount of luxery tax paid. all the credit to dan for his willingness to spend

100% agree, I have another team I follow and the owner there basically uses it as a ground for player appreciation then sells them off.
That team is a barren wasteland and it is a shame since the investment in youth strengthens our opponents.

Having an owner who goes all in time and again is a god send, he should have a statue in front of the Q, but I guess he will be content with a a full set of rings on his right hand.

and left :)

I can't believe he wrote that angry letter after LeBron left. Now we'll never get LeBron back :(

I posted this in the Wade Safari thread a few minutes before @Rob started this thread, so I'm duplicating it here because it really belongs here.

Many of us like to fault Gilbert (and rightfully so) for being a proven meddler. Lord ( i.e. @Maximus ) knows how many times he has stepped in and made questionable, overruling decisions that have prevented this franchise from fully capitalizing on various opportunities over the years. However, the flip side of the Gilbert coin is that he has stepped up in a monumental way this off-season to make sure the Cavs are poised for legitimate championship runs for at least the next half-decade.

Yeah, Gilbert may have one hand in the cookie jar, but his other hand is filling it up with Oreos, Sausalitos, Pirouettes, and Fig Newtons. How many NBA owners leave their hands out of the jar altogether, but only drop in an occasional stale shortbread cookie? As a fan, give me the former every damn day of the week!

My views of Dan Gilbert are to put it most politely, "nuanced".
You actually could say the same thing about LeBron James, especially prior to this last season.

That being said, I'm not mad at how things are turning out. Dan's really is willing to try to make this dream (for Cavs fans) a reality. I feel like he's a fan who has enough money to own a basketball team. Better than anything Gund did (or at least tried to do) in those last years. He had a MAJOR assist with the shock of last offseason, but he wants to put a winner on the floor more than anything else. The only team owner in Cleveland I don't actively hate!!

This off season should put to rest any doubts that Dan Gilbert is not willing to spend money. A lot of people still think we are losing Mozzy, and wouldn't pick up a guy who is in the last year of his contract. This man right here will do everything in his power to get us a title, and I love him for it.

LA Radio is on fire today. And by God it's so damn funny.

-Dan Gilbert is the biggest coward. Going back to the CP3 trade now spending the most amount money in one day, and will have probably the highest payroll ever. He bashes LeBron like a sensitive longtime girlfriend, then bends over however LeBron wants him to.

Poor LA Lakers. Welcome to your reality, they must be mad over the LMA stuff so then take it out on the past to feel better about what they could've had.

LA Radio is on fire today. And by God it's so damn funny.

-Dan Gilbert is the biggest coward. Going back to the CP3 trade now spending the most amount money in one day, and will have probably the highest payroll ever. He bashes LeBron like a sensitive longtime girlfriend, then bends over however LeBron wants him to.

Poor LA Lakers. Welcome to your reality, they must be mad over the LMA stuff so then take it out on the past to feel better about what they could've had.
Lakers fans are always trashing Dan Gilbert on Reddit. It’s always annoying to have to read.

Other teams fanbases’ love to trash Gilbert all the time, but if they had the chance to replace their current owner with him, they’d likely do it more often than not. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."