1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Daniel Gibson: Thug Angel

Discussion in 'Cavs Talk' started by MoGottiFor3, Aug 31, 2012.

1. MoGottiFor3

MoGottiFor3 Witness

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...rs-reportedly-looking-to-trade-daniel-gibson/

2. pl4tinum

pl4tinum The Canadian

Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

If we move him, we better get something back to make it worth while. He's as good of a 3 point shooter as they come, health aside.

3. Lumthemad

Lumthemad Coming out of his shell..

You do need to get value on Boobie if you trade him. There will be games where we cannot hit the broad side of a barn and in those games, having a guy like Gibson around is important. Add into the fact he's a solid perimeter defender and can play the 2 and 1 positions AND is waaaaay better than Donald Sloan and Pargo , i cannot see just moving him for the sake of moving him. What i do not want to see though is having Gibson greatly effect Waiters minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jon

Jon ~

I'm not feeling this. Gibson if he can stay healthy has a role on the team, is a better player than the likes of Pargo and Sloan, is more proven than Miles, and is also the most proven 3pt shooter on the team. And I can't imagine why Chris Grant would love to unload his salary.

Of course we'll listen to all offers for any player ...

• Like Like x 8
  5. I-77 NORTH

I-77 NORTH FROM DA GRITTY INNER CITY

FUCK YEAH!!

Trade Gibson and Varejao together - package them up to get someone like Wilson Chandler and a 1st pick - I'm with that.

Also, Kyrie is then able to get his # 1 jersey number back - boosting his self-esteem and allowing him to play like Isiah Thomas did in '89.

WIN-WIN-WIN for everybody. Boobie - it's been real...but we gotta depart.

6. CPK

CPK Sixth Man

I'm in the minority but I'd like to see Boobie and Varejo retire as Cavaliers.

• Like Like x 38
  7. Ben

Ben Administrator Staff Member

Cavs covet cap space and #1 picks. Any trade made using him would have to return an ending contract and a #1 pick. Does anyone see any team doing that right now? Maybe at the deadline if Gibson regains his form/health but not before training camp.

• Like Like x 16
  8. KentuckyCav

KentuckyCav The Man

Good. Get whatever we can for him. He cant play point, and we already got 3 guys who are gonna get more and give better minutes at SG ( Waiters, Miles, Azubuike ). He really has no Place on the team anymore. A 2nd round pick would be a steal, imo.

9. CavsRules

CavsRules Get Boobied'

Agreed with Jon, but I'll add that Gibson isn't a point guard, he's a shooting guard trapped in a point guard's body. Its why the Cavs searched for a backup point guard behind Irving this offseason. I don't see why Gibson can't remain as a backup to Dion Waiters next season, he's a better option than any other backup the Cavs currently have on the roster.

I'm fine with the Cavs looking for trade partners with Gibson, and if a solid deal comes around.. They should explore it, just like one for Anderson Varejao..

10. Thunder

Thunder Redemption

But I love Boobie :(

11. Jon

Jon ~

Gibson *if healthy* can fill either spot, it's just that if we're playing him at PG we should have someone else on the court who can create ... whether it's a big who can post-up and kick out, or another wing who can create. Daniel is a fairly valuable player in a backup role ... at least given our talent level.

12. Jon

Jon ~

Actually, I have a suspicion you're in the majority - at least among the general fan base.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mcfly

mcfly In the Rotation

Gibson strikes me as the type of player who will blowup if moved to another team. Something about moving a guy that can drain shots from anywhere scares me. So much potential, and he has shown improvement in his defense, ball handling, and floater over the past couple of seasons.

14. BigErieCavsFan

BigErieCavsFan Sixth Man

I'm part of that minority too. They have definetely been my 2 fav players on the team for many years now. I hope they both can stay healthy and have career years for us this year...

• Like Like x 1
  15. mds

mds Sixth Man

When's the last time Boobie really had a good season? Seem like he's been hurt or in a slump for as long as I can remember.

16. MoGottiFor3

MoGottiFor3 Witness

2007 ECF Game 6 is the last time Daniel Gibson existed.

Ok not literally but the guy just isn't consistent enough and getting older won't help him get better either, he's much more suited for a contender than a rebuilding team so I wouldn't mind if he was moved.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mds

mds Sixth Man

And he ate shit in the 3pt contest a couple years ago. :)

18. Visitor

Visitor Rookie

I just can't see how a d-league player and a fringe combo guard creates such depth that we can ship out Boobie. I appreciate his loyalty and I can remember back when we were clamoring for outside shooting so badly we drafted Luke and traded for Jiri. On that thought alone I can't stomach trading Gibson for less than a ransom.

19. Rob

Rob Best of the Land

I love Boobie, but same as Varejao, if we can get good value out of trading him then it's worth it

20. PosterTime

PosterTime you wot m8?

He's young enough that he could be a key player on our bench if/when we're contending in 3+ years. I won't cry if he's moved, but I don't mind having him around here for the long-haul. The kid can shoot the basketball and defend well despite his size. He also loves our city and has been through great times and bad times with us and now we're headed back towards great times.

I'm pretty much indifferent, but we shouldn't trade him just to make a trade.

• Like Like x 1