• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Daniel Gibson: Thug Angel

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MoGottiFor3

#ALLin216
Reaction score
With the emergence of Kyrie Irving, and the additions of Dion Waiters, Jeremy Pargo and Donald Sloan, the Cleveland Cavaliers are likely fully-stocked at the point guard position. This means that longtime Cavalier Daniel Gibson is now an expendable asset, especially considering Boobie is slated to earn roughly the same as Irving ($5 million) next season. The Cavs deny that they are shopping Gibson, but according to HoopsWorld.com, Chris Grant would love to unload his salary: “More than a few team sources say their club has had some level of contact regarding Gibson throughout the summer. With draft pick Dion Waiters expected to join super sophomore Kyrie Irving in the Cavs backcourt there may not be much of a role for Gibson and several teams have tried to engage Cleveland on a deal. As things settle in and the rookies in Cleveland find their way Gibson and his ending contract are likely on the move.”
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...rs-reportedly-looking-to-trade-daniel-gibson/

Re: Cavs looking to trade Daniel Gibson?

If we move him, we better get something back to make it worth while. He's as good of a 3 point shooter as they come, health aside.

You do need to get value on Boobie if you trade him. There will be games where we cannot hit the broad side of a barn and in those games, having a guy like Gibson around is important. Add into the fact he's a solid perimeter defender and can play the 2 and 1 positions AND is waaaaay better than Donald Sloan and Pargo , i cannot see just moving him for the sake of moving him. What i do not want to see though is having Gibson greatly effect Waiters minutes.

I'm not feeling this. Gibson if he can stay healthy has a role on the team, is a better player than the likes of Pargo and Sloan, is more proven than Miles, and is also the most proven 3pt shooter on the team. And I can't imagine why Chris Grant would love to unload his salary.

Of course we'll listen to all offers for any player ...

FUCK YEAH!!

Trade Gibson and Varejao together - package them up to get someone like Wilson Chandler and a 1st pick - I'm with that.

Also, Kyrie is then able to get his # 1 jersey number back - boosting his self-esteem and allowing him to play like Isiah Thomas did in '89.

WIN-WIN-WIN for everybody. Boobie - it's been real...but we gotta depart.

I'm in the minority but I'd like to see Boobie and Varejo retire as Cavaliers.

Cavs covet cap space and #1 picks. Any trade made using him would have to return an ending contract and a #1 pick. Does anyone see any team doing that right now? Maybe at the deadline if Gibson regains his form/health but not before training camp.

Good. Get whatever we can for him. He cant play point, and we already got 3 guys who are gonna get more and give better minutes at SG ( Waiters, Miles, Azubuike ). He really has no Place on the team anymore. A 2nd round pick would be a steal, imo.

Agreed with Jon, but I'll add that Gibson isn't a point guard, he's a shooting guard trapped in a point guard's body. Its why the Cavs searched for a backup point guard behind Irving this offseason. I don't see why Gibson can't remain as a backup to Dion Waiters next season, he's a better option than any other backup the Cavs currently have on the roster.

I'm fine with the Cavs looking for trade partners with Gibson, and if a solid deal comes around.. They should explore it, just like one for Anderson Varejao..

But I love Boobie :(

Gibson *if healthy* can fill either spot, it's just that if we're playing him at PG we should have someone else on the court who can create ... whether it's a big who can post-up and kick out, or another wing who can create. Daniel is a fairly valuable player in a backup role ... at least given our talent level.

Actually, I have a suspicion you're in the majority - at least among the general fan base.

Gibson strikes me as the type of player who will blowup if moved to another team. Something about moving a guy that can drain shots from anywhere scares me. So much potential, and he has shown improvement in his defense, ball handling, and floater over the past couple of seasons.

I'm part of that minority too. They have definetely been my 2 fav players on the team for many years now. I hope they both can stay healthy and have career years for us this year...

When's the last time Boobie really had a good season? Seem like he's been hurt or in a slump for as long as I can remember.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."