1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

D'Antoni resigns from Knicks

Discussion in 'Around The NBA' started by BimboColesHair, Mar 14, 2012.

1. BimboColesHair

BimboColesHair I have multiple sauces

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mike D'Antoni has resigned as New York Knicks coach, a source tells Y! Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/179993878563262464" data-datetime="2012-03-14T18:14:19+00:00">March 14, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Another source confirms D'Antoni ouster with Knicks, tells Y!: "Conflicting visions of club's future...Mutual decision to no longer coach."</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/179994201033936896" data-datetime="2012-03-14T18:15:36+00:00">March 14, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Writing was on the wall

• Like Like x 1
  2. CPK

CPK Sixth Man

ROFLCOPTERz

3. chrisrich91

chrisrich91 Rising Back Up

He was holding them back. If they get a good coach they should be much, much better.

• Like Like x 4
  4. The Gil-lionaire

The Gil-lionaire Towel Waver

Im so glad that we have Gilbert and not Dolan as an owner. The knicks are a runaway train right now and I doubt Woodson is going to be the guy to get everything back on track. It almost feels like Isiah Thomas managed to somehow backdoor his way into the GM position.

Now, if the Knicks can pick up Jerry Sloan, he might be able to right the ship after he murders Mello, Amare, and J.R. Smith.

5. Cavatt

Cavatt NBA Starter

Glad he has been outed as a terrible coach. He is the reason the Suns never got to the finals. His whole style is based on an out of context statistic. The 7 seconds things is ridiculous. Terrible defensive coach.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Rich

Rich Hall-of-Famer

Now if only they can figure out how to get Carmelo to resign...

• Like Like x 7
  7. IWantAKouki

IWantAKouki Kouki, Not Cookie.

EXACTLY

D'Antoni isn't the only problem with that organization. It just isn't built good from the ground up. Amare, Carmelo, and D'Antoni are all to blame.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RikSmits

RikSmits In the Rotation

I wonder if Sloan, who I respect tremendously, would step into such a toxic environment. If he does, I hope he succeeds without getting tarnished.

9. Adam

Adam Reading and reacting

I never got the praise for dantoni. If someone stole his play book it would just have a sketch of a pick and roll, then a load of blank pages. At the back it would read 'get guys who can shoot and let them play with steve nash'

• Like Like x 5
  10. SOA

SOA Banned

Word has it Phil Jackson is interested in coming out of retirement to coach the Knicks

it would be the ONE smart thing that organization could do after all the stupid things like the Isiaih debacle and their shabby treatment of Donnie Walsh and others

11. Pyro

Pyro Banned

This is different from your stance in the other thread, where you said it makes them better in the short and long run.

12. RaptorFan

RaptorFan Basketbaaaaaaaaaalll

meanwhile in LA del negro still has a job

• Like Like x 3
  13. chrisrich91

chrisrich91 Rising Back Up

How is that different? They'll be better immediately when Woodson takes over and they ride the inevitable energy wave that accompanies a coaching change, and when they get a Phil Jackson/Jerry Sloan/Brian Shaw type they will be better in the long run.

?

14. Lee

Lee Established Since 2005

I hope you are wrong. I think Phil has more to do with Chicago's and Lakers success than Jordan or Kobe. Not saying they arent great, but both had opportunity but didnt succeed without Phil.

15. SuperSurge

SuperSurge Slice & Dice Staff Member

Carmelo and Chandler for Dwight Howard/ fillers if needed...

End the Carmelo experiment...

16. Apathy

Apathy shalom

Itll be interesting. Im going to the game tonight and im wondering what the atmospheres gonna be.

17. bushwick_bill

bushwick_bill Sixth Man

On NY radio now, Stephen A Smith claiming Phil Jackson wants to coach the Knicks next year if Dolan throws him money, (he also called D'Antoni getting fired this week too).

I know alot don't like him but he is really plugged into the Knicks...

18. mrbeaks

mrbeaks Roy Tarpley's Sponsor

Mark Heisler, who's very plugged into the Jackson camp, says Phil is content with retirement. Classic New York sports drama.

And I don't agree with the anti-D'Antoni sentiment in this thread. While I'm skeptical as to whether his system will ever produce an NBA champion, the team was clearly better when Carmelo was out. I agree with everything Brian Koppelman says in this rant.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/20299/carmelo-anthony-joy-wrecker

• Like Like x 1
  19. Walter White

Walter White All-Star

Albuquerque. My house is the one with the pizza on
    They probably forced him out. They were probably going to fire him but D'Antoni "resigned". Either way, I'd want to quit that team.

20. Pyro

Pyro Banned

Do you know who Woodson is? The only energy wave that will be washing upon the shores of Knicksville, Maryland will be negative energy waves.