• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dark Souls II

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NtG

Let's all be friends!
Reaction score
darsouls2boxart_610.jpg

At a preview event on the 31st of January, Expert Review's Tom Morgan stated that Dark Souls II was even better, harder, and more varied in the developer's choice of landscape and setting than its predecessor. He noted that the difficulty did not shrink to conform to a modernized player base but rather gained, in that the player is forced to lose a part of his health every time he dies, and also has to deal with a revamped AI system that improvises unpredictably to the player's actions.[18] Early reviews for Dark Souls II have praised the increase in difficulty, atmosphere and visuals in the game, seeing it as a large improvement even over the first two installments in the series. The German magazine M! Games gave it a 90% fresh rating, with the reviewer stating that it took him upwards of 60 hours to complete.[19] In a behind-the-scenes video released on the 26th of February, Peter Serafinowicz, cast as the voice actor for Pate, states that in his thirty years of playing video games, he has never played anything better.[20] Famitsu magazine reviewed the game with four reviewers giving their opinions, who each gave it 9/10/9/9, bringing the total score to 37/40.[21]

Comes out on Tuesday (for consoles, April 25th for windows), who's getting it?

Last edited:
No thanks, I'll be playing Titanfall. I would buy this if it came out on the XB1 or PS4, but I'm not dropping 60 bucks on a game made for 9 year old game consoles.

That's too bad. You'll be missing out on a great RPG.

No thanks, I'll be playing Titanfall. I would buy this if it came out on the XB1 or PS4, but I'm not dropping 60 bucks on a game made for 9 year old game consoles.

It'll be out on the PC in like two months.

I've been waiting for DS2 but I don't think I'm buying it right away. Still haven't beaten GTAV yet, been whoring Diablo 3 a lot for the new expansion, I kind of wanna dry those two up before moving on to a new game. Also have Dead Rising 3 going but I feel like that game is long as hell, not sure I'll finish it, it started to get old.

So far I am not liking how the only way to level up is to travel back to the first bonfire and talk to some lady. I also can't find any estus flask shards to upgrade my estus flask. Right now it only has one use. Another thing is your total health going down further every time you die, so the game gets harder every time you die which seems kind of backwards to me.

I heard about the losing max HP every time you die shindig. Almost makes me not want to buy it.

I heard about the losing max HP every time you die shindig. Almost makes me not want to buy it.

You can replenish it.

The game plays a lot like the first Dark Souls (I never played Demon), and I am loving the adaptability stat that makes you quicker and more agile the more you upgrade. I'm going with a dex build just like I did in the first one, my starting class was Bandit.

I've got a collector's edition coming in the mail. Never opening it though. Will wait until this inevitably drops to $20 in 6 months, then I'll pick up a cheap copy to buy.

totally forgot this even came out. almost bought demons souls a few weeks ago, i stupidly traded it in for dark souls.

It's better than DaS1. I highly recommend, especially now when the community is thriving.

bought it friday and i've put about ten hours in it, give or take. just beat the first boss. died like ten times. just like anything in DS, difficult until you figure what to do, then it's easy if you have patience. then proceeded to die about ten more times to those damn heavily armored TMNT looking guys.

having a lot of fun though.

Last edited:
Just beat it for the first time. Thought it was really good, but some of the boss fights were too easy. I beat a bunch of them first time, and that never happened in DaS. 'Course, I got pretty good at that game and the fighting mechanics are basically the same, so maybe that's why.

The last boss/ending was weird. You get to the last area, kill that boss (which apparently is optional) and then....you hopefully remember that one door that wouldn't open in a previous area, and go back there to actually beat the final boss.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."