• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

David Stern on Fantasy and eSports

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

theSTEREO.

The second of his name.
Reaction score
Pretty interesting interview with Stern over at Forbes. Nothing ultra earth shaking, but thought his thoughts on eSports are interesting, especially that he invested in AlphaDraft (an eSports fantasy site) and thinks that eSports are a huge up and coming market.

As someone with more than a passing interest in eSports (and Fantasy for that matter), I totally agree. Just really interesting to hear someone from the old guard really embracing that fact.

Also broke the news that FanDuel acquired AlphaDraft, so I suppose you'll be able to pick your favorite FIFA, League of Legends, and CS:GO players on FanDuel on the not too distant future. Interesting.

David Stern Discusses Sports Tech, Fantasy, Betting And eSports

640x0.jpg

DavidStern is no longer the Commissioner of the NBA, but he has not stopped working. Instead, the always gregarious Stern has found an interest in the world of technology. In fact, his passion lies in the intersection of technology and sports, an industry he knows a bit about after serving as NBA Commissioner for thirty years.

Stern was gracious enough to set aside some time in a schedule that still keeps him busy and speak to me about his roles related to sports technology, his thoughts on the fantasy industry and the burgeoning business of eSports. He also broke the news that daily fantasy eSports company AlphaDraft was acquired by FanDuel...

READ THE ACTUAL INTERVIEW HERE

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."