• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Deck McGuire - RHP - Georgia Tech

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AZ_

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I want you all to remember this name.

If he makes it to the Indians pick at #5, he NEEDS to be selected.

Opened his season yesterday, fanning 10 over 7 shutout innings against fellow top prospect Aaron Meade and Missouri State.

Stands 6-6 230 with a four-pitch arsenal, most all of which look like usable pitches at the next level.

Random post, I know, but I'm a sucker for the MLB draft.

He's got the name for it. Deck. Great name. :chuckles:

No way I take him if Nuke LaLoosh is still on the board, sorry. :chuckles:

How high is the kid from St. Eds rating right now, Stetson Allie? I've seen him ranked among the top HS arms but not against all draft-eligible players. Obviously much more risk as a HSer and it is probably too high for the Tribe to pick him, but what is the buzz around him? I think he has a much better baseball than 'Deck', so he has that going for him.

No way I take him if Nuke LaLoosh is still on the board, sorry. :chuckles:

How high is the kid from St. Eds rating right now, Stetson Allie? I've seen him ranked among the top HS arms but not against all draft-eligible players. Obviously much more risk as a HSer and it is probably too high for the Tribe to pick him, but what is the buzz around him? I think he has a much better baseball than 'Deck', so he has that going for him.

North Carolina seems to believe he'll turn pro.

After he said this:

“I guess if the money is there I'd probably turn pro.”

Depends on what he's asking for. He could slip because teams are scared about his demands, he could (more likely) be a high pick and get a solid bonus.

Pretty straight up delivery, tends to lean back a little bit on his fastball...which I'd imagine leaves it a bit wild at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyvmKHbTTD0

I want you all to remember this name.

If he makes it to the Indians pick at #5, he NEEDS to be selected.

Opened his season yesterday, fanning 10 over 7 shutout innings against fellow top prospect Aaron Meade and Missouri State.

Stands 6-6 230 with a four-pitch arsenal, most all of which look like usable pitches at the next level.

Random post, I know, but I'm a sucker for the MLB draft.

This guy sucks.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."