• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Destiny

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Triplethreat

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I just absolutely had to make a thread for this game as I haven't seen one made yet. Quite honestly from what I've seen and heard so far this game has the chance to be the best game I've ever laid my hands on and the fact that it's being made by Bungie just makes me that much more confident in it's success. Maybe I'm setting my expectations a little too high. :chuckles: The thought of travelling around our solar system to the "Jungles of Venus" and Mars with your friends is amazing, and the landscape and textures so far have been unbelievable. Extremely excited, and I don't know if it's possible for me to wait another year for me to get my hands on it. I'll try and update this thread with any new news that comes out because I know there's many other people that are as excited about this game as I am.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EwOUi4JDC4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WBNdrJMwrkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ufeImJJEqqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.destinythegame.com/

Yeah, this game looks incredible. I haven't bought a shooter in quite some time and wasn't planning on ever doing so again, but this looks too good to pass up.

This and the Division were my two favorites from E3. Can't wait.

Looks orgasmic. Don't have a game system anymore, but might have to get the PS4 for this game (and 2k).

So lets just say i'm crap at FPS and have no friends, can i play this game? or will i just get owned (as they say). I usually just play the campaign modes 1 player

Getting really intrigued by this game. Love the E3 trailer, the atmosphere sounds sweet. Story based online FPS? Really digging the concept on this one.

So lets just say i'm crap at FPS and have no friends, can i play this game? or will i just get owned (as they say). I usually just play the campaign modes 1 player

Nope. It's a pretty much a single player game that's an open world FPS with RPG elements. You can lone wolf around, and I'm sure they have an option for you to jump in play with two other random players on your squad.

I'm thinking they'll have a PVP or Competitive Multiplayer game mode at all but none of this has been confirmed or announced yet.

Nope. It's a pretty much a single player game that's an open world FPS with RPG elements. You can lone wolf around, and I'm sure they have an option for you to jump in play with two other random players on your squad.

I'm thinking they'll have a PVP or Competitive Multiplayer game mode at all but none of this has been confirmed or announced yet.

Surprised nobody has made a game with this concept yet. Sounds like a game I absolutely cannot wait to play with a few good friends. Hopefully there is plenty to do.

I got lucky and got into the Alpha testing for PS4. The game is absolutely what the next gen experience is all about. Constant action while out and about exploring, albeit sometimes can seem like a grind. Tell me an RPG that doesn't have that functionality(yes i know that some can get away with).

Like Triplethreat stated, you can play this game by yourself. If connected to the internet it will be very much like Diablo where people pop in and out of your game, so you don't have to have friends to enjoy the community aspects of it. I haven't tried party chat yet, i might hop on now to try it out myself.

The combat portion of the game is First-person, yet different abilities pan out to Third Person to show off the ability. I'm playing as a Warlock and when I charge up my ability my character jumps up and throws a burst of energy towards the enemies. The game also plays in Third person when you are at the Tower, which is a hub/town type area for exchanging of goods and collection certain missions.

In the alpha they also have the 2 play types, Adventure and Multiplayer. All of what i've discussed was the single player/co-op adventure. They separate the multiplayer into the Crucible area, which they have stated that you must unlock after a certain level in the single player. This play type is more of your normal 6v6 matches with which teams earn points based on controlling 3 areas, as well as getting kills. So a domination/deathmatch hybrid.

July 17th is when the Beta goes live, so if you get the chance, hit up a retailer that has the beta codes and join in the fun for yourself.

9/9/14 can't come soon enough:thumbup:

Surprised nobody has made a game with this concept yet. Sounds like a game I absolutely cannot wait to play with a few good friends. Hopefully there is plenty to do.

I mean Borderlands was pretty close to the concept ( no PVP though )

Props to MDog for giving me his alpha key, game is a blast.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."