• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Donations for a Derby Girl

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MalTalm

Formerly known as Talm
Reaction score
This morning, my wife's teammate and friend Rachel (AKA Reckless Ratchet) had a fire start in her utility room and travel to the attic (likely electrical in nature, it was an older home). Due to the extreme cold, the pipes which feed the fire hydrants were frozen solid, and while Rachel, her husband and their children were all able to safely evacuate the home, the house burned down, and most all of their earthly possessions with it.

Red Cross has put them up in a local hotel for a week, but in the meantime they need a little bit of help just getting through the next month while sorting out how to handle this tragedy. I post on here fairly infrequently, but I know just how kind and generous this community is, so if you're on here and have the means to throw in $10 to help them, it would definitely be appreciated.

http://www.gofundme.com/mv13wo

Great thing for you to post.

Not to derail, but gofundme.com is an absolutely fantastic way for humans to interconnect and fund people who are otherwise "connection-less" in the real world. Posting things like this is a great way to connect to people on a broader spectrum. It works because it just worked on me. :chuckle:

I know first hand how devastating a house fire can be. My mother's house burned to the ground due to a faulty 240 vac stove circuit and so did all our memories. She was killed a few years later in a car accident and I literally have nothing to remember her by except some pictures that my father saved. I remember my grandmother (I was 15 years old at the time) creating a fund at the local bank which raised about... $40 in a small town. This was obviously before the era of gofundme so it's pretty amazing that these avenues exists for people.

It's easy, it's simple, it's straightforward, and I fully support it. Nice to see that it does have a major effect for people that are down and out. Donate!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."