1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Draymond Green - Draft sleeper

Discussion in 'Around The NBA' started by Douglar, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Douglar

Douglar Intentionally Grounded Staff Member

The money ball types are suggesting that Draymond will be an excellent value in the draft. If he's still around at pick 33, I don't see the Cavs passing on him twice.

Draymond Green Statistics | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Draymond Green 2012 NBA Draft News and Analysis - ESPN

• Like Like x 2
  2. MYoung23

MYoung23 12 Reasons to Post

He has other real flaws not mentioned in that blurb but overall Im meh on bench player prospects at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wine and Gold

Wine and Gold A View Inside the Game Staff Member

If we go guard with our early pick in round 1, then I would think Green would be one of our type targets late in 1st or early 2nd for sure. He's a Cavalier type early 2nd round selection quite frankly. I can see him with us .. But, I'll be right upfront ...I fully expect MKG to be a Cavalier early on. One way or the other we are gonna find a way to land him in this draft. For many reasons that I really don't want to get into in detail, I think it benefits the Cavs longterm to do what it takes to get MKG under the Cavalier tent, and I expect it to get done.

• Like Like x 45
  4. dano_24_26

dano_24_26 Sixth Man

Wooooooo

• Like Like x 1
  5. sailfish

sailfish Sixth Man

Thanks for taking the suspense out of the draft. j/k.
    I assume you mean they'll trade up for MKG, if need be. I'm really hoping they don't, as I want them to keep all of their picks. Besides, I think there's a decent chance MKG will fall to our pick. Consider that Charlotte could easily go for Robinson or the local guy, Barnes, and Washington desperately needs outside shooting, which is not MKG's forte.

I really believe that MKG & the Cavaliers want one another. I think MKG working out at a Cleveland-area high school is more than a coincidence. It wouldn't surprise me if he refuses to workout for Charlotte & Washington, in an attempt to force his way to Cleveland at #4.

With regards to Green, he does strike me as a Cavalier-type of player. He's not big enough to play PF in the NBA and he's going to have to lose some weight & gain quickness to play SF.

6. Douglar

Douglar Intentionally Grounded Staff Member

He looks a lot better than Darnell Jackson, yes?

Hell, he looks a lot better than Luke Jackson at this point too.

I'd be a little disappointed if the Cavs use #24 on him though. They'll be some higher upside picks there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChicagoCavFan

ChicagoCavFan Moderator

I have a feeling W&G is alluding to the fact that KI and MKG are so tight. Playing a game with real close friends makes it that much more fun. And when you play the game of bball with fun, you are playing at a higher level.

And D...I've been pimping DG for some time. Would hear the undersized knocks, the fact that he has been in school so long, and he sucked as a freshman...but I've seen a guy that has improved every year, adding new wrinkles to his game (I chronicled those improvements in a post some time ago). Would LOVE him in the 2nd, like him with our late first (depending on who is on the board).

• Like Like x 5
  8. MYoung23

MYoung23 12 Reasons to Post

Yeah, but you cant discount Green being an undersized bad athlete. He pretty much wont be able to guard anyone. Maybe he can lose weight tighten his body and be a SF. Maybe. (Which I think may be his best shot.) His 3 selling points are spot shooting, rebounding and passing. It will take a certain type of team to put him in a situation to succeed.

If the Cavaliers draft him in the 2nd round I wont be expecting much but I wont kill them for the pick if it doesnt work out.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ajz20

ajz20 Draft Guru

I may be way off base, but getting MKG may help us land someone else in the future who W and G can't talk about. Read into it what you want! Wine and Gold can you thank me if my theory is in the neighborhood?

10. catfish

catfish In the Rotation

I dont know this guy says that he is not connected anymore and then goes and says something like that. All very strange. The above poster is trying to imply that if we have KI TT MKG then it will be one big party and then Lequit will come back as his best friend Dwade is on his last leg.

11. sailfish

sailfish Sixth Man

this seems to imply that if the cavaliers draft rich paul clients then paul, in turn, will deliver lebron james back to the cavaliers when he next becomes a free agent. if that's the case then paul is playing the cavaliers big time.

12. NoTitleTown

NoTitleTown In the Rotation

I don't think anyone in the Cavs' organization will ever get "played" by someone from LeBron's inner circle ever again. Cavs want to win, MKG is friends with Irving, and he's good -- simple as that.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bushwick_bill

bushwick_bill Sixth Man

MKG has been in Cleveland, represented by a Cleveland based agent and is really close to Kyrie... I just hope we don't give up the house to move up two spots. If we draft MKG and have KI, you can bet those two will be here for a long time.

14. winner0274

winner0274 In the Rotation

Why would we draft MKG if we were planning on Lebron coming back?

15. EdgarJones

EdgarJones Towel Waver

So LBJ can spell him when he needs a break.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Joe Henderson

Joe Henderson keyboard monkey

Jackson was the 52nd pick in the draft. If everything we heard about this draft being twice as deep as a normal one, that would make it the 104th in this one. So yeah, he'd better be better to be picked in the 30s.

Cool math, huh?

17. jay_em

jay_em i'm THAT dude

He's a Jersey boy like Kyrie, (Tristan played some HS ball in Jersey too). He has the same agent as Tristan. As some one said playing with friends makes it "funner" and it makes it less likely that you'll want to leave or makes you more likely to want to stick around. Kid better work HARD on that jumpshot though.

18. mAo_mAo

mAo_mAo NBA Starter

I like Jae Crowder better.

19. chrisrich91

chrisrich91 Rising Back Up

With all due respect, I wouldn't count on it W&G...

I think it would require trading up to #2 and if that costs us the #24, that's a little too steep a price to pay. I can't help but feel that you're speaking with your heart and not necessarily your head.

I sure hope we can swing a deal like #4 +#33 for #2, but it's just not realistic.

20. kj1

kj1 Situational Stopper

MKG has a jumpshot that has a hitch it in and as a consequence, he is releasing the ball while on his way down. It will be blocked countless times in da league...go look at his workout video from lat week. It's on brutal display. I could see him as possible All-Defensive player in his future but see very little to suggest that he will even be an All-Star at the most talent laden position in da league...