• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

ECF: Cavs 4 - Hawks 0

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All4One1ForAll

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
The Hawks are currently on a 19 game winning streak while the Cavs sit at 9 in a row. Just thought it'd be appropriate to make this thread considering that the Hawks are looking like our biggest threat in the East right now. Really looking forward to our next matchup against them. It would be incredibly satisfying if we were the ones to end their streak.

I don't even know why this made me laugh so hard. I can't breathe.

Wed wanna try to run and gun the Hawks. Make them feel like they have to make every single shot just to stop us from running in transition. Their offense is movement, timing, and unselfishness. I have a feeling if you get them down theyll unravel in a pressure packed plaoff atmosphere.

If Kyrie can guard Teague 1 on 1 I honestly see us winning in 5.

If Teague is allowed to roam anywhere on the court added on with that ball movement and those bigs that's a 7 game series.

Atlanta, Toronto, and Washington all have relatively easier schedules than we have so far (strength of schedule rankings, ESPN).

Comparatively, those 3 teams are in the bottom 5. Whereas Cleveland has the 5th toughest schedule.

From a basketball perspective however, I just don't see Atlanta or Toronto being threats to Cleveland. Washington, perhaps, but again, that's a long shot.

If Chicago doesn't beat us, then we go to the Finals this year.

We really should be talking about a potential Golden State matchup, as that is the one team of them all that I genuinely would fear.

Atlanta, Toronto, and Washington all have relatively easier schedules than we have so far (strength of schedule rankings, ESPN).

Comparatively, those 3 teams are in the bottom 5. Whereas Cleveland has the 5th toughest schedule.

From a basketball perspective however, I just don't see Atlanta or Toronto being threats to Cleveland. Washington, perhaps, but again, that's a long shot.

We really should be talking about a potential Golden State matchup, as that is the one team of them all that I genuinely would fear.
I think depending on who plays who Memphis, San Antonio (who I think could beat GS), and Portland could all win the West in addition to Golden State. Nonetheless, thanks for the stats about the schedules. That actually explains a lot.

We could very realistically make up 3 games on Atlanta going into the all-star break (they play Wash, GSW and @ Memphis.) I don't think we will catch them, but we could realistically finish the regular season 2nd in the east, which historically has seemed like a better position to be in than 1st.

Not scared of Atlanta one bit... Right now, I think we honestly have a good chance at beating any team in a best of 7

What? I could not be less worried about Washington. We would easily take that. I also think that Chicago is extremely overrated. Atlanta is the only east team that scares me. They can put up 120 on any given night.

Fellas- Does home-court advantage count for nothing? Beware the hubris!

What? I could not be less worried about Washington. We would easily take that. I also think that Chicago is extremely overrated. Atlanta is the only east team that scares me. They can put up 120 on any given night.
This. Washington is extremely overrated. Just look at the matchups.

Kyrie--------Wall
Smith-------Beal
Lebron------Pierce
Love--------Nene
Mozgov-----Gortat

We matchup very well with them but they're not going to get away with putting Old Man Pierce on LBJ. We would win against the Wizards in 5.

Bulls don't scare me either. We have a lot more offensive firepower than they do and even our defense is starting to look better than theirs.

Raptors aren't worth mentioning. We could probably sweep them honestly.

And then there's the Hawks…who have the best record in the league right now and actually pose a threat.

My only concern is Mozgov unable to defend well since their bigs can space the floor

Someone please prove me wrong or that we actually got people that can contain them

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."