• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Eric Holder to resign as Attorney General

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus

I Agree, Go Cavs
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/politics/eric-holder-resignation/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Good riddance to this piece of shit. I can't help but wonder if one of two things is about to happen:

1. The Fast and Furious documents are going to be unsealed.
2. Obama is going to send him to the Supreme Court.

Either way, happy to hear (for the time being at least) that he's out.

EDIT: If there's ever an investigative panel looking into Holder, I hope like hell that Trey Gowdy is on it. I can only imagine that dumbfounded look on Holder's face while Gowdy calls him out on his bullshit, and he has nowhere to run and hide.

Last edited:
Long overdue...he was a train wreck.

Judge Denies DOJ Request to Delay Release of Fast and Furious Document List
Katie Pavlich | Sep 25, 2014

• 7c1c0379-2ea3-4442-8af7-3c33e9d60306.jpg

U.S. District Court Judge John D. Bateshas denied a request from the Department of Justice to delay the release of a list of Operation Fast and Furious documents being protected under President Obama's assertion of executive privilege.

The list, better known as a Vaughn index, was requested through a June 2012 FOIA filing by government watchdog Judicial Watch. When DOJ didn't respond to the FOIA request in the time required by law, Judicial Watch sued in September 2012, seeking all documents DOJ and the White House are withholding from Congress under executive privilege claims. President Obama made the assertion on June 20, 2012 just moments before Attorney General Eric Holder was held in contempt. In July 2014, after two years of battling for information, Judge Bates ordered the Department of Justice to release the Vaughn Index by October 1. DOJ responded by asking for a month long delay in releasing the list with a deadline of November 3, just one day before the 2014-midterm elections. That request has been denied. A short delay was granted and DOJ must produce the Vaughn index by October 22.

"The government’s arguments for even more time are unconvincing," Bates said in his ruling. "eventy-five days—plus another twenty-one, based in part on Judiciary Watch’s consent—is enough time for the government to prepare the index that this Court has ordered, given that this matter has been pending for over two years. The Court will therefore extend the Department’s Vaughn index submission deadline to October 22, 2014—and no further."

"The government argues that it must devote significant numbers of attorneys to this matter if it hopes to comply with the current Vaughn index deadline ... But the Department has known about its Vaughn index obligations since July 18, 2014 ... At best, it means the Department has been slow to react to this Court’s previous Order. At worst, it means the Department has ignored that Order until now," he added.

The House Oversight Committee is also suing for the release of the Vaughn index and earlier this month U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson ordered DOJ to produce requested information to lawmakers by November 1.

In the Vaughn index, DOJ must explain why documents have been withheld from Congress and the American people under President Obama's assertion of executive privilege. The requirements for DOJ in handling the information included in the Vaughn index are as follows:

1) identify each document withheld; (2) state the statutory exemption claimed; and (3) explain how disclosure would damage the interests protected by the claimed exemption.
“The Obama administration failed to game the courts and now will have to account for its Fast and Furious lies. Two federal courts have now rejected Eric Holder’s election-related ploy to keep this information from the American people,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement in reaction to the ruling. “This is a battle that put Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, saw Nixonian assertions of executive privilege by Barack Obama, and a hapless Congress in the face of all this lawlessness. This latest court ruling shows again that Judicial Watch’s independent investigations and lawsuits are more effective than Congress and the rest of media. We are pleased we may get some accountability for Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and hundreds of others who lost their lives as a result of Obama’s Fast and Furious program.”

This just keeps getting better and better. Rats all jumping off a sinking ship.

Hope you enjoy prison, Eric!

It's funnier to me that people actually think this is going to be the end result.

Wishful thinking on my part. Dude's more likely to end up as a judge.

Sounds like Deval Patrick may succeed Holder in the AG position. If that is the case, one of my best friends from school will be working real closely to the AG. Crazy...

Ashcroft's suspect. Gonzo however is pretty pumped for a new roomate.
14x2lao.jpg

Ohh wait, none of these guys are in jail

Wishful thinking on my part. Dude's more likely to end up as a judge.

Well, if he does, it probably would have to be as a state court judge somewhere. The process of trying to get him Senate confirmation as a federal judge would be nightmare, and wouldn't even be possible if the GOP wins the Senate.

Well, if he does, it probably would have to be as a state court judge somewhere. The process of trying to get him Senate confirmation as a federal judge would be nightmare, and wouldn't even be possible if the GOP wins the Senate.

If it happens it's gonna have to happen sooner rather than later. I have my doubts about the Democrats holding a majority in the Senate for much longer.

EDIT: If there's ever an investigative panel looking into Holder, I hope like hell that Trey Gowdy is on it. I can only imagine that dumbfounded look on Holder's face while Gowdy calls him out on his bullshit, and he has nowhere to run and hide.

Yeah, Gowdy is an extremely sharp guy with a lot of prosecutorial experience. Some lawyers I know in SC are in awe of the guy.

The Fast and Furious claim of Executive Privilege is ridiculous. The AG is claiming Executive Privilege when they're already on record saying that the President didn't know anything about it. So...how can there be a privilege?

Holder is a sharp guy, but the whole "nation of cowards" speech pissed me off. It's a pet peeve when people accuse others of "not listening", "not paying attention", or "ignoring", when what they're really complaining about is that other people don't agree with them. Attitudes like that come from a circle-jerk groupthink of only truly conversing with like minded-people.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."