• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

ESPN Player ranking - The Cavs players

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PdL59

Super Lurker
Reaction score
ESPN is doing their annual player ranking.

Two Cavs players were to be found in yesterdays ranking of spot 121 to 140.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11626017/2014-nba-player-rankings-121-140

Here is the list of the present Cavs players listed from 121 - 500

126 Tristan Thompson
136 Shawn Marion
178 Mike Miller
312 Matthew Dellavedova
336 Brandon Haywood
342 James Jones
390 Lou Amundson
454 Joe Harris
486 Alex Kirk

I hope I have not missed someone.

Cavs players that remains to receive their spot on the list

LeBron James
Kyrie Irving
Kevin Love
Dion Waiters
Anderson Varejo

These rankings may not be important, but I still hope that we will have LBJ, Kyrie and Love all above spot 20.

Find it very nice to have the depth of very sollid players like AV, Miller and Marion with a young and still developing big in TT high up in the ranking.

I have no idea what spot ESPN consider is right for Dion.

I also think that Delly would have been in a higher position if last seasons Cavs games could be seen more on the national TV.

This board will explode when Beal is ranked higher than Waiters.

For comparison, the remaining Cavs were ranked the following on SI's Top 100 List - http://www.si.com/nba/2014/top-100-nba-players-2015-list

Dion Waiters - Not Ranked, listed as a notable omission along with Marion (Beal was #76)
Anderson Varejo - #97
Kyrie Irving - #21
Kevin Love - #7
LeBron James - #1

that list was such bullshit.. time duncan #10 in a ranking system based off your ability to carry a team, when he would have retired if he were on any other team in the league

Iman Shumpert, IMO, is not better than TT. Not that it's a big deal. Just don't think Shumpert is any good.

that list was such bullshit.. time duncan #10 in a ranking system based off your ability to carry a team, when he would have retired if he were on any other team in the league

He was actually #5

Iman Shumpert, IMO, is not better than TT. Not that it's a big deal. Just don't think Shumpert is any good.
When Shumpert leaves NY, watch him plummet in that list.

Beal being fifty spots higher than Waiters is equally mind-boggling.

Beal being fifty spots higher than Waiters is equally mind-boggling.

Exactly, as it has no basis in reality. How can anyone look at these two players and see that much variance? I dunno how some of these people sleep at night.

Exactly, as it has no basis in reality. How can anyone look at these two players and see that much variance? I dunno how some of these people sleep at night.

It reminds me a lot of the Harrison Barnes "playoff effect." Beal had a good series in the playoffs, and thus got wildly overrated. Waiters played for a shitty, dysfunctional team, so he's a bust and terrible.

One thing to note, with 30 teams, anyone top 150 is starter "quality" and any under 30 is top player on the team level. The Cavs will have 7 players worthy of starting, meaning 2 of our bench would be a solid starter for another team, and we should have 3 in the top 30 so 3 players who are worthy of being option number 1.

It will be interesting to see how this compares to SA and OKC. But it is crazy to think how stacked our roster is.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."