• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Ettore Messina takes a ? on Mike Brown

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RchfldCavRaised

Locker Room Presence
Staff member
Reaction score
Last night during the Memphis/LAL summer league game broadcast on NBA TV, Steve Snapper Jones and the other announcer saw CSKA Moscow coach Ettore Messina in the crowd scouting summer leaguers and got him on the mic for a quick interview.

They asked about the legend that is Trajan Langdon, and if players really can make a living over in Europe, then just as he was about to get off the hot seat, they went into a question about his relationship with Mike Brown.

I recorded the game cause I was out fishing, so here's the transcript for those who care... not that he said anything
Announcer: Ettore, I know that recently you've been involved with Mike Brown, Head Coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers and you've been exchanging Ideas with him. Talk about maybe some things you've learned from Mike Brown?

Messina: Mike has been a good thing for us, he's been a pleasant surprise because hes a very open minded person. Not only here, and last year meeting him here to exchange opinions, but because he came to us last year during training camp for about a week and stayed with us and that was something that meant alot.

And, for sure, I think that he has some interesting ideas defensively, and that he has to work with a superstar like LeBron James it is a very good thing to work with him.

If I had my druthers, they would have asked what was the possiblity that he may one day be interested in coaching in the NBA, possibly with Mike Browns staff:thumbup:... wasnt meant to be though.

I've never watched any CSKA Moscow games, but I've heard about how dominant they are overseas.

trajan langdon is makin millions of dollars in Moscow in the last seasons. . He could never get that much money in the NBA

So apparently Mike's problem isn't open-mindedness about our pathetic offense...it's his ability to apply the gifts he's been given on the offensive end.

Thank God we're not getting an offensive assistant for him.

oh Ettore, how I covet thee.

He's supposedly an offensive guru.. Come on Ettore, you know you wanna be an assistant in the NBA first...

Last year, CSKA was truly a pleasure to watch. My team (Olympiacos) play ed against them in the Euroleague playoff (a mini best-of-3 series) and I was impressed by their defense and their offensive execution. The fact that they had one of the best (and most expensive) rosters in the league surely helped.
There are a few teams in Europe (a couple in Spain, another 3-4 in Greece and Russia) that are willing to spend a lot of money on players (Olympiacos reportedly offered a 3-yr contract to Anthony PArker worth $18-20 mil. to lure him away from Toronto) . Given that they also pay the players' taxes, that they pay in Euros and some other perks (cars, villas, nightlife in some cities), you can see that some players can make a very good living overseas.
With the glut of players trying to squeeze into the NBA, it is a logical choice for some to come play over here.

Unless Gilbert is willing to Pony up mad cash for an assistant he ain't comin'. And that's even if he'd WANT to come to the league and if Mike Brown would feel COMFORTABLE with him breathing down his neck.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."