• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fantastic Four Trailer Released

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

spydy13

NBA Starter
Reaction score

Anyone excited about this? Not really into the characters personally, but I don't know why this movie has been getting so much grief on the internet.

Any resemblance between the characters in the trailers released so far, and the actual comics, is purely coincidental.

Why does the old dude have one white kid and one black kid?

Any resemblance between the characters in the trailers released so far, and the actual comics, is purely coincidental.

Are you a fan? I know some fans have been pissed about the younger take on the characters as well as the fact that the mucked around with their backgrounds.

Yes, I'd say I was an FF fan. Followed their comics since I was a kid. I've watched several trailers now and don't get any feel from them that just screams Fantastic Four to me. They just seem kinda blah. The actors they have selected hardly look anything like the characters either. Something that likely has to do with the younger take. Though, not entirely, as I have my doubts whether we'll see a "blue-eyed" Thing. They have also redone the origin story as well from what I could see in the trailers.

It looks to me like a re-imagining of the comic by the production team of this movie. Picking whatever aspects they like and shit canning the rest, regardless of importance. Anyways, I am sure I'll still see the film. I just don't have any high hopes for it.

Are you a fan? I know some fans have been pissed about the younger take on the characters as well as the fact that the mucked around with their backgrounds.

I'm a huge FF fan.. As in, I'm more of an FF/Doom fan than probably just about anyone.

I see no problem with changing up their backgrounds slightly. The race thing is also silly, like, who fucking cares if Torch is Black. His being White was not an integral part of his powers or character, he just happened to be White because it was the 1960s.

Having read tons of criticism on this issue, I think a lot of it is just a misunderstanding of really what comics are all about...

If Stan Lee is cool with it, then so am I.

Yes, I'd say I was an FF fan. Followed their comics since I was a kid. I've watched several trailers now and don't get any feel from them that just screams Fantastic Four to me. They just seem kinda blah. The actors they have selected hardly look anything like the characters either. Something that likely has to do with the younger take. Though, not entirely, as I have my doubts whether we'll see a "blue-eyed" Thing. They have also redone the origin story as well from what I could see in the trailers.

It looks to me like a re-imagining of the comic by the production team of this movie. Picking whatever aspects they like and shit canning the rest, regardless of importance. Anyways, I am sure I'll still see the film. I just don't have any high hopes for it.

With that though, I don't disagree with any of this..

I think this FF movie is going to be one of the worst comic book films released in 10 years.

Also, gouri, my point was more why isn't Sue Storm black too than why is the Torch black. I don't generally care about them changing the races of characters (for example, Sam Jackson is an awesome Nick Fury and I didn't really care when Michael Clark Duncan was cast as the Kingpin...the movie was awful but he was an acceptable choice). I just think it's stupid that they're willing to change Johnny but not Sue. Like, can't Reed Richards hook up with a black chick?

I do question whether or not Michael B. Jordan was the right guy for that role, though. I thought he was great on Friday Night Lights, but he doesn't really radiate cockiness or charisma like the Torch should. Chris Evans, for example, was perfect casting (the movie sucked, but him and Chiklis were great together). He could play that type of character in his sleep.

Also, gouri, my point was more why isn't Sue Storm black too than why is the Torch black. I don't generally care about them changing the races of characters (for example, Sam Jackson is an awesome Nick Fury and I didn't really care when Michael Clark Duncan was cast as the Kingpin...the movie was awful but he was an acceptable choice). I just think it's stupid that they're willing to change Johnny but not Sue. Like, can't Reed Richards hook up with a black chick?

Totally agree 100%... It is contrived for the sake of not going too far...

But I have heard that they originally planned on Johnny being the adopted one, not Sue; but when it made him seem like a token Black guy, I guess they cast a Black father.

Also, I've heard that this is a role reversal from the previous film considering Jessica Alba is a Latina, so they kind of used that as a justification.

But I have heard that they originally planned on Johnny being the adopted one, not Sue; but when it made him seem like a token Black guy, I guess they cast a Black father.

Also, I've heard that this is a role reversal from the previous film considering Jessica Alba is a Latina, so they kind of used that as a justification.

I always thought that people bitching about Alba being Latina was a stupid justification for her not getting that part. What was a perfectly acceptable justification for her not getting the part is that she's totally unbelievable as a scientist because she just seems stupid. Stripper in Sin City? Totally believable. Rocket scientist? Yeah, try hiring Charlize Theron instead.

Wait, so the bald guy is actually the father of Johnny and Sue? I thought that was just metaphorical.

So is that canon that their dad is involved in the space program or whatever?

I always thought that people bitching about Alba being Latina was a stupid justification for her not getting that part. What was a perfectly acceptable justification for her not getting the part is that she's totally unbelievable as a scientist because she just seems stupid. Stripper in Sin City? Totally believable. Rocket scientist? Yeah, try hiring Charlize Theron instead.

Charlize Theron comes off to me less of a scientist and more of a trailerpark meth-head... I can never shake her 'Monster' role. I wish she never did that fucking movie.

Jessica Alba was basically just fucking eye candy.. But she is nice to look at, that's for damn sure.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."