Fantasy baseball

BMAN

Buttstuff
Reaction score
Anyone here do it? Haven't for a couple years, usually good at it, but I was invited to a dynasty league. Probably joining it..anyone have advice for something like this? Buy a Baseball America prospect lists?

Derek

1 by land, 2 by sea, 3 Baerga
Reaction score
It's all pretty straightforward. It's a dynasty, avoid the older guys. Goldschmidt and Kershaw are the only guys over 26 I'd even consider in the 1st round, and they'd be in the latter half (unless it's a points league, then Kershaw gets a bump).

You want to stay younger, but don't forget about trying to actually win this year as well. If there's a stud slipping just because he's older, snatch him up. Miguel Cabrera might be 33, but if you're getting him outside the top 25, it's a very nice pick up.

Also, I wouldn't recommend taking a closer in the top 100. Just too volatile of a position from year to year.

Real Deal

In Dorsey We Trust
Reaction score
I'd be down for a regular league with RCF if we get people. I'm sure it'll be fun to follow baseball with a great team to watch as well. I'd say 8-10 people works best.

We can smack talk each other while we're in Indians game threads.

We need people like @BimboColesHair @Lord Mar @Stark and some other regulars.

But I never did dynasty, I'd imagine you take the young guns. Including SS's high because it's essentially a weak position so you want the best there. When I played categories, SB's dominated. I did the original 5x5 cats and it was very interesting. Baseball was watchable all over.

I'd pickup a fantasy baseball magazine though for closer insight.

Last edited:

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
I'd be down for a regular league with RCF if we get people. I'm sure it'll be fun to follow baseball with a great team to watch as well. I'd say 8-10 people works best.

We can smack talk each other while we're in Indians game threads.

We need people like @BimboColesHair @Lord Mar @Stark and some other regulars.

But I never did dynasty, I'd imagine you take the young guns. Including SS's high because it's essentially a weak position so you want the best there. When I played categories, SB's dominated. I did the original 5x5 cats and it was very interesting. Baseball was watchable all over.

I'd pickup a fantasy baseball magazine though for closer insight.
Never got the notification for being tagged in this post, but I'd definitely be down. Haven't done fantasy baseball in years and I really want to get back into it this year.

BMAN

Buttstuff
Reaction score
Decided not to do that dynasty league. But if you guys want to do an RCF one, I'm down

Real Deal

In Dorsey We Trust
Reaction score
We have 6 at the moment, another month to go

BMAN

Buttstuff
Reaction score
Bump. I would like to do this

bubba52782

Situational Stopper
Reaction score
I'm just getting to this and i know I'm a little late but the league i was in for years has folded. I'd be up for a league even if we are a week or two behind.

TheLand1287

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
Same here!! @AZ_ @BimboColesHair @The Wizard of Moz @Real Deal @macbdog @sportscoach, would any of you guys have interest? I haven't done fantasy baseball for five years.
Even though I wasn't one of the ones tagged, I'll join if people are still needed.

I haven't played in years, but I'd be down to join a league with some RCF people, even if the season has already started. Getting my group of friends to do anything outside of fantasy football is like pulling teeth. Fantasy basketball/baseball leagues are still fun, IMO, and make the regular season more interesting to follow.