• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Favorite Cleveland Cavalier?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is your favorite current Cleveland Cavalier?

• LeBron James

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • Kyrie Irving

Votes: 47 35.1%
  • Kevin Love

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • Anderson Varejao

Votes: 13 9.7%
  • Tristan Thompson

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Timofey Mozgov

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • J.R. Smith

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Mike Miller

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shawn Marion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Iman Shumpert, James Jones, Matthew Dellavedova, Joe Harris, or Brendan Haywood

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters

Steve_424

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
My friend and I were debating who is the biggest fan favorite, so I'm curious to hear what you all say...who is your favorite player on the team (and why)?

I root for the name on the front of the uniform, but I'm gonna say my favorite player is Iman. Love the hair.

Delly: Moxie. Grit. Sticktoitiveness. Pluck. That Aussie charm. Plays the game the right way. Good in short spurts. Has irrational haters, much like the city. Just too many things to like about him. Close second is LBJ.

Kevin Love. Amazing rebounder, those outlet passes are crazy. Not to mention, he's not even close to being used correctly, goes quarters at a time without getting a look, his numbers are taking a hit, but doesn't complain & just does his job.

Dude just wants to win.

Kyrie. So much fun to watch. Signed before lebron and love came.

Kyrie. Watching him is just a blast. Nobody does what he does out there offensively. And now he's shutting down elite PGs on the other side of the court. Signing the max here before LeBron & Love came and willingly adjusting his game for this team...awesome.

Kyrie

It's the handle, the shooting stroke, and circus layups

Mozgov!

He's a rhinoceros out there.

Varejao for sure. Love him. He's pretty much Z's successor.

Kyrie is such a fucking spectacle to watch, and you always get this feeling when it's him on an island with one defender that he's about to blow the lid off the whole arena with something crazy.

Kyrie Irving. Drafted here, resigned for the max here, our second most important player today, and our franchise player moving forward post-LeBron.
Same. I put it in the Kyrie thread, but it also applies here.

I feel protective of Kyrie in a way that I don't for Love, LeBron or any of the other new guys (or the "new/old" guys like LeBron).

Maybe it is because Kyrie was here during some very lean years when the organization was almost completely open about its tankage (remember the three-year plan?) or if it is just his easy-going personality...

He put up with a lot of stuff that would have had other guys bailing. But, he stuck with it and the fact that he signed his extension with such an exclamation point (in literally minutes after the moratorium was lifted) and before the roster had the major makeover.

Also, he is now starting to really kick it up defensively AND he has defended Blatt staunchly at every turn, even at the darkest hour. It also doesn't hurt that he has maybe the most aesthetically pleasing offensive arsenal in the entire league.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."