• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

First Brian Williams, Now Bill O'Reilly

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sebastian

Folkets Kärlek min Belöning
Staff member
Real Cleveland Fans
Administrator
Reaction score
It appears that Brian Williams isn't the only one who has been bragging about combat experience that never happened. Turns out 'ole Chicken-Hawk Bill O'Reilly had been fibbing about his own combat exploits during the Falklands War:

"After NBC News suspended anchor Brian Williams for erroneously claiming that he was nearly shot down in a helicopter while covering the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly went on a tear. On his television show, the top-rated cable news anchor declared that the American press isn't "half as responsible as the men who forged the nation." He bemoaned the supposed culture of deception within the liberal media, and he proclaimed that the Williams controversy should prompt questioning of other "distortions" by left-leaning outlets. Yet for years, O'Reilly has recounted dramatic stories about his own war reporting that don't withstand scrutiny—even claiming he acted heroically in a war zone that he apparently never set foot in.

bill-oreilly-falklands-promo.jpg

These Are The Questions Bill O'Reilly Won't Answer
O'Reilly has repeatedly told his audience that he was a war correspondent during the Falklands war and that he experienced combat during that 1982 conflict between the United Kingdom* and Argentina. He has often invoked this experience to emphasize that he understands war as only someone who has witnessed it could. As he once put it, "I've been there. That's really what separates me from most of these other bloviators. I bloviate, but I bloviate about stuff I've seen. They bloviate about stuff that they haven't...."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/02/bill-oreilly-brian-williams-falklands-war

Usually when there is an ousting of media pundits, there is an ulterior motive......but maybe not. "We'll do it live!" O'Reilly is terrible.

Colbert, Stewart, Williams.....who else has quit/been fired lately?

Brian Williams also called himself "Bison Dele" for like four years, but now he never talks about it.

These news anchors are huge narcissists who have an ego which doesn't really correlate with the concept of Western journalism. It's really bad on all the networks... Does anyone think Anderson Cooper or any of the other media pundits would be any better?

The media is a for profit operation, essentially reducing it's role to entertainment.

But who cares, really. So Bill O'Reilly and Brian Williams aren't war heroes. There job is to read what's on the teleprompter, I guess I don't see how the integrity of a figurehead matters.

The day I heard about Brian Williams getting caught spouting his propaganda, I knew libs would start digging and try to bring down a republican. This is a weak attempt and won't stick.

The day I heard about Brian Williams getting caught spouting his propaganda, I knew libs would start digging and try to bring down a republican. This is a weak attempt and won't stick.

And why would liberals be upset that Williams was suspended?

Sorry, huber. We are going to have to suspend you for that comment...

And why would liberals be upset that Williams was suspended?
They were upset because he made them look bad. The whole point of this article was to try to prove that a liberal isn't the only one spewing bs. Only they should have gone after someone with more credibility outside the right wing extremists.

They were upset because he made them look bad. The whole point of this article was to try to prove that a liberal isn't the only one spewing bs. Only they should have gone after someone with more credibility outside the right wing extremists.

People with credibility have more credibility because they don't make shit up and lie to the public.

How many people in the media are all that credible anyways?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."