• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Five-year old forced to sign "suicide contract" at school

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
What the heck.

Mom: 5-year-old forced to sign ‘suicide contract’ at school

ALABAMA- A mother in Mobile, Alabama is upset after she says her 5-year-old daughter was forced to sign a contract at school without her consent.

According to WPMI, the contract states that the child will not kill or injure herself and others.

The mother said, “They told me she drew something that resembled a gun. According to them, she pointed a crayon at another student and said, ‘pew pew.'”

They sent the child home.

Her mom says while she was in the lobby waiting to pick up her child, the little girl was given the Mobile County Public School Safety Contract to sign.

WPMI contacted the school to find out proper protocol; they have not heard back from officials.

Link: http://fox8.com/2014/10/10/mom-5-year-old-forced-to-sign-suicide-contract-at-school/

Alabama problems.

Alabama problems.

Keys i'm curious on your take. If the girl identifies as a homicidal maniac what does the school have to do to accommodate her? Is the contract then null and void?

Keys' teacher buddies are absolutely fucked at this point. Every single complaint from a parent leads to shit like some crazy parent that looks like Nancy Grace threatening to sue the school if they don't offer their five year old's suicide contracts to sign at the beginning of the school year.

Keys' teacher buddies are absolutely fucked at this point. Every single complaint from a parent leads to shit like some crazy parent that looks like Nancy Grace threatening to sue the school if they don't offer their five year old's suicide contracts to sign at the beginning of the school year.

Is the school system liable for a kid who hurts or kills someone else or themselves and wasn't asked to sign a contract? Should all 5 year olds have to preemptively sign a contract before they do something like this? Are the contracts yearly or for life? We might need some input from an attorney.

Keys i'm curious on your take. If the girl identifies as a homicidal maniac what does the school have to do to accommodate her? Is the contract then null and void?

If the child is showing herself to be a danger to herself or others, all the other accommodations are supposed to have the result of her not being a danger to herself or others in the least restrictive way possible. The mom is worked up over nothing. Five years old or not, the school has to address a threat. And yes, my profession has become a total political football for all of society. Welcome to my world.

So it's totally abnormal and alarming for a child to go "Pew pew" like a gun?

Maybe I'm just fucked up but I was raised on cap guns and shit and I don't think I've ever even considered shooting anybody...

So it's totally abnormal and alarming for a child to go "Pew pew" like a gun?

Maybe I'm just fucked up but I was raised on cap guns and shit and I don't think I've ever even considered shooting anybody...

If I listed the ways schools have changed in the past 25 years... it would be one hell of a long list.

I mean this girl is what, 5? Does a 5 year old even understand what that means? :chuckle:

But I hear you. It's all part of the whole expelling seven year olds for bringing a nerf gun to school schtick. I just think it's absurd especially in a culture like America where kids are exposed to so much violence and shit in the media. This isn't Germany, it's America, with the way our culture is set up why are we so hyper sensitive when a kid who doesn't even fully grasp what it means points their fingers and goes Pew pew?

Wow, ridiculous...5 years old, huh?

what they need is a Center for imaginary gun sanity.
if these parents want to raise their children to be imaginary gun neutral. the school should respect that and not go out of their way to offend and traumatize these children whse lifestyles might happen to include a little laser tag and paint balling... perhaps a little slingshot and of course crayon pew pewing.

Children under 18 can't be held liable for anything they sign anyway, so making her sign a contact is meaningless.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."