• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#JerrySlam

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
i
i

i
i

While we're at it, get rid of Tito, Shapiro, and Antonetti.

While we're at it, get rid of Tito, Shapiro, and Antonetti.
Fire e'erybody! Hire Leyland, John Hart and some guy who was once a good baseball president!

I hope you're joking lol
Why does Antonetti deserve a job for life? Good ownership would absolutely hold him accountable. The media and some of the fan base give these guys a lifetime pass and it is sickening. In 14 years of Shapirio Antonetti they have produced a grand total of 6 playoff victories. But we should just give them a free pass for putting together the most boring every day lineup in baseball?
No one thinks Tito is the problem, but the front office is way to comfy and it is a joke they have unlimited job security no matter what mediocre results they produce.

So long as they fired the scouts that were in place until about two years ago, then I really dgaf about who's in the FO. If they did that at some point, fine I guess.

Who picks scouts? If it's the GM, then he should have been fired for that. What a bunch of putrid drafts in a row.

Just checked. Since 2007, the last time they made the real playoffs, they have drafted....ONE impact batter. ONE!!!! Kipnis is the only player that could be considered an excellent pick.

The second best pick was Cody Allen, who was a particularly good pick as a 23rd rounder. And he's not even a starter.

Third place is Drew Pomeranz who has experienced mild success the last two years for another team.

Fourth is a guy that can't keep his job consistently in Lonnie Chisenhall.

Has any team drafted worse than this in baseball?

Last edited:
So long as they fired the scouts that were in place until about two years ago, then I really dgaf about who's in the FO. If they did that at some point, fine I guess.

Who picks scouts? If it's the GM, then he should have been fired for that. What a bunch of putrid drafts in a row.
What about making the right decisions in trades free agency and correctly evaluating players on your roster? They have not done that, so I don't think you can just blame it on the scouts. If the Browns go 4 and 12 ( I actually don't think they will at all this year) do you think people are going to be going after the scouts or Farmer. If you can't produce a team that can make two consecutive playoff appearances then why should you have job security. I think blaming the scouts is the easy way out.

What about making the right decisions in trades free agency and correctly evaluating players on your roster? They have not done that, so I don't think you can just blame it on the scouts. If the Browns go 4 and 12 ( I actually don't think they will at all this year) do you think people are going to be going after the scouts or Farmer. If you can't produce a team that can make two consecutive playoff appearances then why should you have job security. I think blaming the scouts is the easy way out.

True.

Trades actually haven't been horrible though.

There have been no successful FA signings that I can think of.

Perhaps my expectations for small market teams in FA are low enough that I've given them a pass. Swish and Bourn were hilariously awful signings.

Wish I could remember which pitcher everyone was so pissed at me for predicting how badly he'd flame out and nailed almost exactly what his ERA and total games pitched before injury were.

True.

Trades actually haven't been horrible.

There have been no successful FA signings that I can think of.

Perhaps my expectations for small market teams in FA are low enough that I've given them a pass. Swish and Bourn were hilariously awful signings.
The small market pass is BS. Since when did Pittsburgh KC and St Louis and now Minnesota ( they have rebuilt with young talent again) become big markets. They could contend despite the market size. when they use that excuse they should taken to task. You have def been way too easy of Antonetti.

The small market pass is BS. Since when did Pittsburgh KC and St Louis and now Minnesota ( they have rebuilt with young talent again) become big markets. They could contend despite the market size. when they use that excuse they should taken to task. You have def been way too easy of Antonetti.

I was referring specifically to FA. There's no excuse for poor drafting and mismanagement of young players.

But...fair enough.

You won't find me spending much time defending this team in any way.

Fair enough.

You won't find me spending much time defending this team in any way.
I honestly believe Dolan has a chance to gain some respect back from the fan base if Antonetti is replaced. Then cut swisher and Bourne and eat their contracts. Go out and sign a right handed bat, ( not a guy at the end of his career but a premium upgrade over what we have)bring Zimmer up and dont worry about his free agency 5 years from now. These type of moves would go along way to prove you actually give a damn about winning.

I honestly believe Dolan has a chance to gain some respect back from the fan base if Antonetti is replaced. Then cut swisher and Bourne and eat their contracts. Go out and sign a right handed bat, ( not a guy at the end of his career but a premium upgrade over what we have)bring Zimmer up and dont worry about his free agency 5 years from now. These type of moves would go along way to prove you actually give a damn about winning.

I'm on board for whatever makes them be not incredibly boring.

Why does Antonetti deserve a job for life? Good ownership would absolutely hold him accountable. The media and some of the fan base give these guys a lifetime pass and it is sickening. In 14 years of Shapirio Antonetti they have produced a grand total of 6 playoff victories. But we should just give them a free pass for putting together the most boring every day lineup in baseball?
No one thinks Tito is the problem, but the front office is way to comfy and it is a joke they have unlimited job security no matter what mediocre results they produce.

A few things:

1) The original post said to fire Tito, which is why I asked if he was serious. Tito is a top five manager in MLB and has produced 92 and 85 win seasons. Firing him would be moronic.

2) Tito is very, very close to Antonetti and Shapiro. It's one of the main reasons, according to Tito himself, that he took this job. If you fire Antonetti, you're probably losing Tito too.

3) Shapiro has little, if anything to do with the on-field product now. I'm amazed at how many people don't know or understand that.

4) The last time the front office did something to appease the fan base they signed Swisher and Bourn.

5) The Indians issue is drafting. If you want to suggest cleaning out that department and starting over, I'm on board.

Not trying to be a jerk, but who? Take a look at this winter's free agents and let me know.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."