• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 22 | Cavs (13-8) @ New Orleans (10-11) | December 12th, 2014 | 8pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stick

All-Star
Reaction score
Previously...
[/MEDIA]

GAMEDAYMAIN12-12-14.png
otherstuff88b2c.png

Game Notes
  • Anthony Davis is a beast. Not much to say there. He's likely going to do some damage.
  • We beat the Pelicans in early November, 118-111. The Big 3 combined for 86 points, 20 assists, and 21 rebounds, in one of their best statistical games in this early season. AD had a "quiet" 27 points, 14 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, and 3 blocks.
  • The Pelicans are a much better home team than away team. They are +10.6 points inside the Smoothie King Stadium, while -5.8 points on the road.
  • After a loss, the Cavs are 2-4 while the Pelicans are 6-4. The Cavs are also 3-2 for the second night of a back-to-back situation.
  • The Cavs against Bottom 15 Defenses: 7-4; The Pelicans against Top 15 Offenses: 1-10 (Based Upon DefRtg and OffRtg)
  • Last 10 games: Cavs 8-2, Pelicans 4-6
Reporter "I'm sure it's a tough thing to see the eight game losing streak come to an end but..."

Blatt "Eight game winning streak. You really got to get that one right. I'm looking for a ray of hope and you're throwing out an eight game losing streak after we won eight in a row! You guys get on me when I say something wrong, so I'm going to do the same. :victorious:"

Some Keys
  • Stick to Ryan Anderson! This guy lit us up last time we played to the tune of 8 three pointers. Since that game, he's cooled off considerably (26.3%, 25/95). Even still, let's defend and ensure this isn't the game he gets back on track.
  • Bench Rising This is our fourth game in five nights. The second of a back-to-back. We're going to need the bench to step in and produce. Lately, they've been doing better (Lookin' at you, Delly, Double-T, and Waiters), it's going to take a strong effort tonight (though the Pelicans bench hasn't been much better than us lately).
  • Energy--->Ball We need to make the ball alive. Not literally, of course, but we need to infuse it with the energy of movement. We're going to have some tired legs, and may be a bit let down from yesterday, but it's important to swing that ball. The Cavs are 7-0 when getting at least 25 assists.
  • That LeBron James fellow, hopefully?

LET'S GO CAVS!

cheerleaders.jpg

*Special thanks to the Honeybees for "rounding" out the last image. Also, credit goes to official NBA photos from "official" sites (ESPN, NBA.com, etc.). Other assets are from various sources, that I can't remember at the moment, but the skyline was from http://drivethenation.com/files/2013/01/New-Orleans-Skyline-Graphic.jpg. I apologize for any errors in statistical data or otherwise. Anyways... I'm freaking tired now. x_x Later guys... and as always, don't panic!

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, the Pelicans name has grown on me...

I want to win this but as Rich said, not worth aggravating injuries to Kyrie or Lebron that could turn into a larger issue.

I'd probably sit em both.

Uhh kyrie knee injury last night could still be a concern and wont be surprise if he sits
Sure, but there has been no report of kyrie sitting, which your post suggests. I thought you may have seen something that's why I asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the rest Kyrie camp for sure. If Bron says he can go, then I'd let him go, but maybe max him at 30 minutes or so.

These games are meaningless in the long run. I wouldn't mind seeing Love put up a nice 35-15 split if he's the main cog tonight.

Sure, but there has been no report of kyrie sitting, which your post suggests. I thought you may have seen something that's why I asked

O I know, he could sit at the last minute but i haven seen anything either

I'm in the rest Kyrie camp for sure. If Bron says he can go, then I'd let him go, but maybe max him at 30 minutes or so.

These games are meaningless in the long run. I wouldn't mind seeing Love put up a nice 35-15 split if he's the main cog tonight.
They're not "meaningless". They're not be all end all but you want home court advantage. Especially with this team you want home court. If these games mean the difference between a game 7 in Chicago and a game 7 here that would be huge.

They're not "meaningless". They're not be all end all but you want home court advantage. Especially with this team you want home court. If these games mean the difference between a game 7 in Chicago and a game 7 here that would be huge.

I'd rather lose this game than lose Kyrie or LeBron to a more serious injury.

I'd rather lose this game than lose Kyrie or LeBron to a more serious injury.
Well now you're just reaching.. The circumstances don't come down to that.. If lebron and/or kyrie feel good they're going to play. If not they'll sit.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."