• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 4 | Cavs (1-2) @ Jazz (1-3) | November 5th, 2014 | 9pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cavsfan1985

^ kind of a big deal!
Staff member
Reaction score
Cleveland Cavs (1-2) @ Utah Jazz (1-3)
Wednesday November 5th, 9:00 PM on ROOT, FSOH
EnergySolutions Arena, Salt Lake City, Utah

Energy_Solutions_Arena_Interior.JPG

wpid-wp-1407969439863.jpeg

VS

20130930_jla_bn1_169.0.jpg

Cavs Bench

Matthew Dellavedova, Will Cherry, James Jones, Joe Harris, Shawn Marion, Mike Miller, Tristan Thompson, Brendan Haywood, Louis Amundson, Alex Kirk

Jazz Bench
Dante Exum, Toure Murry, Ian Clark, Jordan Hamilton, Rodney Hood, Steve Novak, Joe Ingles, Trevor Booker, Jeremy Evans, Brock Motum, Rudy Gobert

Game Preview

LeBron James' return to Cleveland is off to a rocky start, but facing the Utah Jazz might be what the Cavaliers need to begin finding some consistency.

James attempts to bounce back from his worst scoring performance in six years, as the visiting Cavaliers try for a fourth straight win over the Jazz on Wednesday night.

After finishing with 17 points and eight turnovers in the season opener, James appeared to regain his form in Friday's 114-108 overtime win in Chicago, scoring 36. The superstar forward took another step back in Tuesday's 101-82 loss at Portland, going 4 of 12 to finish with 11 points -- including none after halftime -- for his lowest scoring performance since also scoring 11 in a win over Indiana on Dec. 5, 2008.

James, though, isn't entirely to blame for Cleveland (1-2) getting off to an inconsistent start.Kyrie Irving also struggled Tuesday, finishing with nine points on 3-of-17 shooting, and Cleveland's bench is averaging 19.0 points -- tied for second worst in the league.

James is calling for patience.

"We have to understand what it takes to win. It's going to be a long process," James said. "There's been a lot of losing basketball around here for a few years.

"It's like building a car from scratch. I've done that before. I hated the process, it got on my nerves. I sent it back to get repainted 100 times. But once it was completely finished I was excited about it."

The Cavaliers may be excited to face the Jazz (1-3) since Utah is allowing an average of 110.3 points on 52.7 percent shooting in its three defeats.

Cleveland has also won three straight matchups, averaging 105.3 points and connecting on 47.9 percent -- including 18 for 45 from 3-point range. The Cavaliers shot 54.2 percent while hitting half of their 14 3s in a 113-102 win in their most recent matchup at Salt Lake City on Jan. 10.

James generally thrives against Utah, averaging 29.6 points in 21 career games -- his second-highest average against any opponent. However, he had just 13 while missing 5 of 6 from behind the arc in a 94-89 loss at Utah with Miami on Feb. 8.

Irving, who totaled 45 in the first two games, had his only career triple-double in the latest matchup Feb. 28, finishing with 21 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds in a 99-79 home win.

Kevin Love had a triple-double at Utah six days earlier with Minnesota, collecting 37 points, 12 boards and 10 assists in a 121-104 victory.

The Jazz are trying to bounce back from Monday's 107-101 defeat to the Los Angeles Clippers, surrendering 13 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds to Chris Paul.

"It's hard. I just think you have to play hard, and try to eliminate breakdowns," coach Quin Snyder said of facing the Clippers and Cavaliers in consecutive games. "For us, we have to see them as opportunities to improve. Every time we come out against one of these team that basically people are picking to be in the NBA Finals, it's a good chance to measure ourselves in where we are."

Gordon Hayward has done his part, sinking 19 of 34 field goals to total 51 points with 17 rebounds over the last two games. However, he's managed 14 total points on 21.1 percent shooting in three career home matchups with Cleveland, missing the one Jan. 10 with a hip flexor.

Utah Jazz vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Free Pick, Odds, Prediction 11/5/14 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction

Cleveland Cavaliers (1-2) at Utah Jazz (1-3)

NBA Basketball: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 at 9:00 pm (EnergySolutions Arena)
The Line: Utah Jazz +5 -- Over/Under: 202 See the Latest Odds
TV: NBA TV

The Utah Jazz will have their hands full on Wednesday night as the Jazz play host to LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Utah Jazz are off to another sluggish start this season, as the Jazz are just 1-3 on the year, and are coming off a loss to the Clippers on Monday night. The Jazz have a solid offense this season, and on Monday, Utah’s offense definitely wasn’t the issue. Leading the way for the Jazz against the Clippers was Gordon Hayward who finished the night with 27. The problem for the Jazz was the Clippers, or should I say Chris Paul, who earned himself a triple double against Utah, finishing the night with 13 points, ten boards and 12 assists.

7776125.jpg

USA TODAY Sports

The Cleveland Cavaliers came into this season with all kinds of hype now that LeBron is back in town, but as of right now the Cavs have struggled. I don’t think Cleveland fans have too much to worry about as this team will likely play better and better as they get to know one another, but still I don’t think many fans in Cleveland were expecting a 1-2 start to the season. In their last outing, the Cavs were embarrassed on the road at Portland, falling to the Trail Blazers 101-82. James finished the night with just 11 points, while Kevin Love led the scoring for Cleveland with 22.

I’m not going to go into trends too much with these two teams right now, as past records don’t really mean much with Cleveland’s overhaul.

I’m going to take the Jazz here. On paper this line probably shouldn’t be in the single digits, but the Cavs just aren’t geling right now. The Jazz are far from a dominant team, and I don’t see any realistic way Utah even makes the playoffs this season, but right now, getting nearly three possessions with Utah against a struggling Cavs team off of no rest, looks like the right side.

Read more at http://sportschatplace.com/nba-pick...-pick-odds-and-prediction#yOK6q5UAlVGOvpEo.99

13-utah-jazz-nu-skin-dancers-1.jpg

Leanna-Decker-Utah-Jazz-RSVLTS-_43-630x945.jpg

5df265ea51888707f5f1a1764616fff0.jpg

d8db4d118ec9a38e755de96496468191.jpg

Will Cherry back?

Cavs were done no favors with this early schedule.

106-91 loss.

Nah, Cavs are going to bounce back. We will win the next six doing things the right way. Play defense, pass the ball, don't go to the Thompson iso.

I won't even be happy with a win here. Blow the fucking doors out. It's Utah.

Jazz music is free-flowing and unique. Like one long wave of sound intermixed with ideas and notes, inflections or relaxing tones. It always has a purpose, a purpose, though, that is up for interpretation by the listener and the player.

The Utah Jazz are none of these things.

But they're a developing team at home against a prime-time opponent on the second night of a back-to-back. Let's come out like jazz music, let's put on a solo in unison that never ends (well until the final buzzer). We gotta go get that win, it's not gonna be handed to us.

Let's go Cavs!

Will Cherry back?
The Cleveland Cavaliers have signed former Montana guard Will Cherry.

Cavaliers general manager David Griffin announced the signing on Sunday, making Cherry the 15th player on a roster that includes LeBron James and Kevin Love.

Cherry played for the Canton Charge, the Cavaliers NBA Developmental League team, last year. He averaged 11.6 points, 3.7 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 1.4 steals in 30 minutes of play.

He played for the Cavaliers during the NBA Summer League and averaged 12.8 points, four rebounds and three assists in five games in Las Vegas. He twice scored 21 points. In one game he scored 14 fourth-quarter points to help Cleveland to an 82-70 win over San Antonio.

Cherry played five pre-season games with the Toronto Raptors before being waived.

The Oakland, California, native played at Montana from 2009-2013, helping the Grizzlies advance to the NCAA tournament three times in four seasons.

Jazz are tough at home. I think we bounce back though.

Most interested to see how Irving plays in light of the awful performance last night.

Delly will be missed in this game. Time to experiment with Waiters off the bench?

Team should be pissed. Bounce back game. I expect a win tonight by 20.

Team should be pissed. Bounce back game. I expect a win tonight by 20.

It's nice that you expect but we expected to win against the knicks.
With our defense anything can happen especially against streaky shooters

Must win...to silence the pundits.

Max has a bad feeliin...

If we play defense, we will win. All the other things should come naturally to a team like ours.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."