• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 47 | Cavs (26-20) vs Portland (32-13) | January 28th, 2015 | 7pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stick

All-Star
Reaction score

portlandgame47.png

page2.png

Game Notes
* The Cavs are 6-5 on the second night of a back-to-back.

* The Blazers have not been having a great January. They've only beaten one team with a record over .500 (The Wizards, their last game). They are 1-5 in such games this month. Meanwhile, Cleveland is 3-4 against teams over .500 this month.

* Portland doesn't really have a "go-to" guy off the bench. Coach Stotts goes with around 5 guys off the bench with varying minutes, none playing more than 20ish, typically. The Blazer Bench Bunch is quick to fire a three, so the Cavs players should be wary.

* The Cavs are 8-11 against the West. The Blazers are 18-3 against the East.

* Lillard is slumping while Kyrie is surging. With the way opposing point guards have been playing lately against the Cavs (DJ not withstanding)... Don't be surprised if Damian has another "off" game.

* We'll see if Aldridge holding out on surgery comes back and bites him in the tail. He was key in a good comeback game against Washington, but was 9/22 from the floor.

* The Cavs have been holding teams to an average of 19 points in the first quarter over the last five games.

Some Keys
* Beware Wes With Lillard struggling as of late from the field, Matthews has stepped up and is shooting pretty well from three. Shump and JR need to stay with him, a small dosage of LeBron on Wes should help in case he decides to post up.

* LA Foul Getting Aldridge into foul trouble would really help our defense with him off the floor. Love has been good at drawing fouls, but we'll see if Lamarcus bites on the various pump fakes Kevin employs. Not to mention, it's possible they switch LA onto Moz at times to prevent this from happening.

* Score More I know our defense has been playing better (it was a key factor in yesterday's victory), but this game could be high scoring. It's a safe bet the Cavs will be okay if they score more points.

Revenge Week
The Hitlist
OKC Pissedons Blazers "Kings" @Minny

*Phew... this was more time consuming than I realized. I apologize in advanced for grammatical irregularities, graphical hiccups (especially the VERY CLASHING Eastern Conference Standings, it could have come out better but my energy levels and focus levels are almost at nil...Hmm, maybe I should retroactively change the graphic on a later date aka 'Pullin a Chad Ford' ), and any odd oddity that you may come across. I had planned on making another graphic for 'Revenge Week', but I just didn't realize I would be working on this for the manyh hours poured. I digress... and I sleep.
Anyways... LET'S GO CAVS!!!!

Last edited:
this portland team really scares me.. aside from the rookie year of lillard where kyrie abused him, he has been torching kyrie in his matchups.. i dont think love can matchup defensively with aldridge and i hope to God smith can at least make matthews work for his shots..

the cavs have lbj though.. this is a good test for the cavs.. hope they win..

Uncle Drew locks down Lillard.
Mozgov owns the glass, gets Kaman T'd up.
Bron is Bron.
Love breaks out of his funk, scores an efficient 25.
JR heat checks.
Shumpert wreaks havoc on the perimeter.
TT makes both free throws.
Cavs by 15.
8 in a row. Blatt is fired anyways.

How does ESPN decide to televise Brooklyn at Atlanta instead of this game?

We may have to see more TT and Mozgov tonight. Broken thumb or not, Love won't be able to hang with Aldridge. No one can really contain him.

How does ESPN decide to televise Brooklyn at Atlanta instead of this game?
There's a limit on how many times a team can appear on national TV each year. The Cavs are already allotted the max number of spots.

We'll win. Another quality victory awaits our guys.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."