• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 50 | Cavs vs 76ers |Monday, February 2nd, 2015 | 7:00 PM ET

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GreekMo

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cavs (29-20)

cleveland-cavaliers-logo-nba-768x1366.jpg

vs

76ers (10-38)

2_5.gif

Where: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH

cavs-flames_2_mg_0244-final.jpg

6905-2.jpg

Coaches:

David Blatt

brown_300_081106.jpg

Brett Brown

Starting lineups:

202681.png
203487.png

Kyrie - vs - MCW

2747.png
203960.png

J.R. Smith - vs - JaKarr Sampson

2544.png
201601.png

LeBron James - vs - Luc Mbah a Moute

201567.png
203496.png

Kevin Love - vs - Robert Covington

202389.png
203457.png

Timofey Mozgov - vs - Nerlens Noel

Cavs bench:

Shawn Marion, Mike Miller, James Jones, Delly, Iman Shumpert, Tristan Thompson, Brendan Haywood

76ers bench:

KJ McDaniels, Larry Drew, Andrei Kirilenko, Jerami Grant, Hollis Thompson, Henry Sims, Malcolm Thomas, Furkan Aldemir

Status Update: Anderson Varejao, (Torn Left Achilles Tendon, Out)
Tony Wroten, (Right Knee Injury, Out), Jason Richardson, (Left Knee Injury, Out), Joel Embiid, (Right Foot Injury, Out)

Head-to-Head Matchup
In the two teams last meeting on January 5th, Kevin Love topped 27 points for the 3rd straight game and notched his 18th double-double of the season after finishing with a game-high 28 points, a season-high tying 19 rebounds, two assists and two steals in 37 minutes. Tristan Thompson had a near double-double with 18 points, nine rebounds (six offensive), two assists and two steals in 41 minutes

The Cavs trail the all-time series against the Sixers 91-102 (53-42 Home, 36-60 Road).

Game Summary
The Cavaliers are back at home for four of the next five games, beginning tonight when they take on the Philadelphia 76ers for the second of three regular season matchups. Tipoff is at 7:00 p.m. ET.

Cleveland (29-20) is on a 10-game winning streak, which is the 2nd-longest active streak in the NBA. It is also the team’s longest since winning a franchise-record tying 13 games in a row from Jan. 16-Feb. 11, 2010. During their current streak, the Cavs are outscoring opponents by an average of 12.9 points (109.5-96.6) while also holding them to just .420 shooting from the field.

The Wine and Gold have also won six straight contests at Quicken Loans Arena, matching their season-high (Nov. 24-Dec. 15). The last time Cleveland had a longer winning streak at home was from Feb. 23-Apr. 6, 2010 when they won 11 home games in a row. The Cavs have also won by double figures in five of their last six games at The Q.

Philadelphia (10-38) gave the streaking Atlanta Hawks all they could handle on Saturday but couldn't close out down the stretch in a 91-85 loss. Six players scored in double-figures for the 76ers who had won their previous two games before Saturday's defeat.

Second year guard, Michael Carter-Williams, leads the Sixers with averages of 15.3 points, 6.2 rebounds and 7.3 assists.​

Looks like OP's got the Sixers lineup using that herpescam filter.

you know whats fustrating we have won 10 games in a row and we get no recognition, but if the bulls win two in a row is such a big deal they get praised so muchis so annoying other than that lets destroy the sixers. Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They almost beat the Hawks so I wouldn't take this game lightly.

Our win streak would be getting more attention if the Hawks weren't sitting on 19.
I also think we're the first team in NBA history to win 10 straight games and not make any movement in the standings. Still have that 5 seed.

It would be nice to push the win streak past the franchise record, which for some reason I believe is 14. Not much standing in our way. Lots of rest coming up, and a relatively easy stretch.

Should clarify, that I mean the next 5 games to get us past 14 is pretty easy, and then after that, I think is the ASG. We play 1 good team in the next 5, the rest are the Kobeless Lakers, the Grangerless Pacers, and the Heat. If we make it past LAC, nothing stopping us from winning out to the ASG.

Last edited:
I'll be at this one. I love lowballing people on flash seats for weekday games against terrible teams.

It would be nice to push the win streak past the franchise record, which for some reason I believe is 14. Not much standing in our way. Lots of rest coming up, and a relatively easy stretch.

Should clarify, that I mean the next 5 games to get us past 14 is pretty easy, and then after that, I think is the ASG. We play 1 good team in the next 5, the rest are the Kobeless Lakers, the Grangerless Pacers, and the Heat. If we make it past LAC, nothing stopping us from winning out to the ASG.

Actually win streak stands at 13 from 09-10 season. I thought it was longer than that for some reason as well.

The Cavs are entering a relatively easier stretch of their schedule. Four of their six games before the All-Star break are at home:

2/2 vs 76ers
2/5 vs Clippers
2/6 @ Pacers
2/8 vs Lakers
2/11 vs Heat
2/12 @ Bulls

And of course, two back to backs in their next six games, because why the fuck not, schedulers? Believe it or not, the Cavs are only tied for third in the league this year in back to backs, with 20. The Pistons have the most at 22, and there are several teams ahead of them tied for second with 21. Guess you can chalk that one up to there being a longer All-Star break, so there's a little less time to play more games.

Anyways, assuming they beat teams they are supposed to beat, they should at a minimum go 4-2 leading into the All-Star break. For some reason, I think the Clippers are going to give them a hard time. The Bulls, despite being a shitty home team this year, are about due for finally beating the Cavs, and they should be healthy. Neither are surefire losses, as in fact I really think they have a decent chance of going 6-0 heading into the break and stretching this win streak out to 16 games, but we will see.

Breaking it down by game real quick:

Tonight vs 76ers - They almost ended one long winning streak on the road the other night and will certainly be trying to end another under similar circumstances. The Cavs have to have revenge on their minds and not overlook this team. I think they take it easily.

Thursday vs Clippers - Gonna be a tough game at home on national television against one of the top teams in the Western Conference, but the Cavs historically always play the Clippers well, and I don't see why that would change, even if they have won 8 of 10, and especially when you consider the Cavs will have their longest stretch of consecutive days off since returning from their annual West Coast trip.

Friday @ Pacers - They've already beaten them once this year and they have been really struggling lately. Should be an easy win, assuming no dead legs from playing the night before.

Sunday vs Lakers - Should be an easy win at home versus one of the worst teams (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) in the league that is playing without Kobe Bryant, who was about the only reason (19 points, 6 rebounds, 17 assists) that game was even close... unless you count an uncharacteristically hot shooting night from Jordan Hill.

Next Wednesday vs Heat - Three days of rest and going up against a team with no Wade? I'm taking the Cavs as they continue their revenge tour.

Next Thursday @ Bulls - Should be a fun one with both teams up to strength (minus Varejao, of course). The Bulls have been slumping badly of late and are an average at best home team, which should give the Cavs a good chance to take a 3-0 lead in the season series.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."