• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 54 2/11/15: Miami @ Cleveland

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UncleDrew

Potential Legendary
Reaction score
Cleveland Cavaliers
big_thumb_4411d903d9d14f9a8dba24700a70128e.jpg

(32-21) 2nd in the Central
vs.
heat.png

Miami Heat
(22-29) 3rd in the Southeast

Date: Wednesday; February 11th, 2015
Where: Quicken Loans Arena
Time: 8:00 pm [EST] on TNT

Coaches

8338720.jpg

David Blatt

Vs.
Erik Spoelstra
213956.jpg

The Crew
Point Guard: Kyrie Irving
tumblr_mvej4hTlCP1r0b2hgo1_400.gif

Shooting Guard: J.R. Smith
USATSI_8318213-144x180.jpg

Small Forward: LeBron James
MisguidedJadedAnemoneshrimp.gif

Power Forward: Kevin Love
tumblr_nf3650h7IZ1s3gys4o1_400.gif

Center: Timofey Mozgov
giphy.gif

Vs.

Their Crew
mario-chalmers.jpg

Point Guard: Mario Chalmers

Norris-Cole2-220x162.jpg

Shooting Guard: Norris Cole

462045658.jpg

Small Forward: Danny Granger

bosh.jpg

Power Forward: Chris Bosh...

...likes Whiteside's pose...

Center: Hassan Whiteside
HeatWizards_4.JPG

The Help
Matthew Dellavedova
Tristan Thompson
Shawn Marion
James Jones
Brendan Haywood
Mike Miller
Iman Shumpert

Their bench
Shabazz Napier
Udonis Haslam
Turdman

Injured
Anderson Varejao, Center
==========================
Dwayne Wade, SG; Strained right hamstring
Josh McRoberts, C; Torn ligament in right knee
Luol Deng, SF; Calf soreness

Heat-Cavaliers Preview
By NICOLINO DIBENEDETTO (STATS Writer)14 hours agoAP - Sports

#WinningCuresEverything.

Picks & Odds
MIA
27%
CLE
73%
  • CLE
  • O/U:
  • MIA
  • +750
Powered by OddsShark.com
LeBron James and Kevin Love have put aside their cryptic Twitter beef, and will try to lead the Cavaliers to a 10th straight home win Wednesday night when they face the Miami Heat.

Love is struggling to fit in with Cleveland (32-21), averaging 17.1 points for a drop of 9.0 from his career high set with Minnesota last season.

James had enough, calling out the forward via Twitter on Saturday, saying "Stop trying to find a way to FIT-OUT and just FIT-IN. Be a part of something special! Just my thoughts."

While James was initially evasive about the tweet's target, he later indicated it was intended for Love.

"It's not a coincidence, man," he said.

The message was heard loud and clear, as Love responded with a season-high 32 points and 10 rebounds in a 120-105 win over the Lakers on Sunday.

"Listen, I was caught off guard when I heard it," Love said. "I talk to LeBron every day, we're teammates. We see each other. There's no problem with us. He said that if he had a problem with me or anybody on the team ... he would go right to them. So, initially I was confused, but I don't feel bad. I am just going out there to trying to help this team. That's all that matters."

Winning surely helps.

The Cavs are averaging 108.3 points during a 13-1 stretch, including nine straight home wins for their longest run there since taking 11 in a row from Feb. 23-April 6, 2010 - during James' first stint with the franchise.

James is averaging 27.6 points on 50.0 percent shooting in his last 14 games after coming two assists shy of a triple-double Sunday, scoring 22 points with 10 rebounds.

The four-time MVP, though, feels there's still room for improvement.

"It's getting there," James said of Cleveland's recent success. "We do a great job of communicating on and off the floor, and guys get along and that's the most important thing.

"We got good chemistry and at the end of the day, all we want to do is win."

Cleveland hasn't done any of that against Miami, losing 11 consecutive meetings with James wearing Heat colors for 10 of them. His 30 points weren't enough in a 101-91 loss in his return to Miami on Christmas Day.

"We're a different team than what we were then," coach David Blatt said.

Ending that streak will likely require a better performance from Love, who had 14 points and five rebounds while shooting 5 of 13 from the floor on Christmas.

The Heat (22-29) are looking to enter the All-Star break with back-to-back wins after rallying from an early 14-point deficit in a 109-95 victory over New York on Monday to end a three-game slide. However, they'll have to do it without Dwyane Wade, who will miss a seventh straight game and this weekend's All-Star festivities with a hamstring injury.

Chris Bosh picked up the slack against the Knicks, scoring 32 points with a season-high six assists after he totaled 28 points on 12-of-32 shooting in his two previous games.

''No matter what, as tough as it's been on this team this season so far, we always come to play,'' Bosh said. ''Guys want to win. Guys show up and compete, no matter what. That's what I've loved about this group.''

Luol Deng, who scored 25 in the first meeting against the Cavaliers, returns to Cleveland for the first time since leaving the team via free agency in July. He averaged 14.3 points in 40 games with them last season after being acquired in a trade from Chicago.

Last edited:
How can Cole and Granger be both starters and on the bench?

What chant could be most insulting to Miami Heat members? Discuss...

I'll be there as well tonight. My prediction for the game? As Clubber Lang would say, "Pain".

Good thread! But I think the game is on ESPN, not TNT.

Saw that too. Our game with Chicago tomorrow night will be on TNT. This is on ESPN.

Wow. Girlfriend just surprised me with tickets for tonight's game. Gotta step up my Valentine's Day game

I'll be watching with my Mozgov shirt on.
Hoping to see angry LeBron attacking and getting Whiteside in foul trouble early.

In typical Cleveland fashion, I'm expecting the corpse of Danny Granger to drop at least 30 on us.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."