• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 69: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Cleveland Cavaliers | March 20th, 2014 | 7 PM [EST]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dr. Gymbo

Legal Drug Dealer
Reaction score
1010988_989418031832_206888896_n.jpg

(26-42)
vs.

okc-thunder-logo.png

(49-18)

Date: March 20th, 2014
Where: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
Time: 7:00 pm [EST]

quicken-loans-arena.jpg

[video=youtube;0FUv1eT1aTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FUv1eT1aTc[/video]

Watch on Fox Sports Ohio with:

130829-fso-640.jpg

Coaches

tumblr_mcycpffUoG1rq3ty1o1_500.png

Mike Brown

Vs.

rumor-thunder-coach-scott-brooks-could-leave-oklahoma-city.jpg

Scott Brooks

Presumed Starting Lineups (Updated 3/19/14 @ 8 PM EST)

940x.jpg

Point Guard: Jarrett Jack

11913393-large.jpg

Shooting Guard: Dion Waiters

Cavaliers_Bulls_Basketball__ctnews@chroniclet.com_  22-M.jpg

Small Forward: Alonzo Gee

cavs13web.jpg

Power Forward: Tristan Thompson

Spencer+Hawes+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+Memphis+2jppFi  YoecJl.jpg

Center: Spencer Hawes

Vs.

Westbrook-Wade-are-all-eyes-on-fashion-NF1LTS6G-x-large.jpg

Point Guard: Russell Westbrook

12221273.jpg

Shooting Guard: Reggie Jackson

kevin-durant-nba-playoffs-2013-game-4.jpg

Small Forward: Kevin Durant

serge-ibaka-bite-dunk.jpg

Power Forward: Serge Ibaka

9ea858b6a5f72e96502675f21f7977b2_original.

Center: Steven Adams

Benches

2b57f57a-bdae-4224-982e-0f1a83c16c7c-460x276.jpeg

Matthew Dellavedova

wrizrk.png

C.J. Miles

karasev-sergey-dribbles-around-bucks-gary-neal.jpg

Sergey Karasev

940x.jpg

Anderson Varejao

gj1lm28xa306l5t5zoe9.jpeg

Tyler Zeller

Vs.

derek-fisher-thunder.jpg

Derek Fisher

11-lamb-bio-pic-3.jpg

Jeremy Lamb

940x.jpg

Caron Butler

Nick+Collison+Oklahoma+City+Thunder+v+Dallas+yGutH  ZNVKBTl.jpg

Nick Collison

hasheem-thabeet-thunder-jersey.jpg

Hasheem Thabeet

Injuries/Questionable

image.png

Kyrie Irving - Bicep

Quote.jpg

Luol Deng - Ankle/Achilles

5251c3ba4ea738a28772458c6a2f07e5_500.png

Anthony Bennett - Back

Game Preview:
As the Oklahoma City Thunder begin another back-to-back set, coach Scott Brooks may stick to his plan of keeping Russell Westbrook from playing in some of those situations.

With a matchup at Toronto the following evening, the Thunder might decide to rest the star guard Thursday night when they visit a Cleveland Cavaliers team that could be missing what are arguably its top two players. Brooks hasn't played Westbrook for more than 31 minutes in the past 11 games since he returned from another knee surgery. The coach also said last week that he would rest the three-time All-Star occasionally in the wake of that procedure - his third since injuring the knee in April during the playoffs.

That was the case last weekend when Westbrook sat out the team's most lopsided defeat of the season, 109-86 to visiting Dallas on Sunday, before he nearly posted a triple-double in Monday's 97-85 victory at Chicago. Westbrook ended up with 17 points, nine assists and nine rebounds, though he went 5 of 14 from the field.

The Mavericks and Bulls games were the first of three back-to-backs on the Oklahoma City schedule by next Tuesday. The second begins with a favorable road matchup against the short-handed Cavaliers (26-42) before a visit to first-place Toronto on Friday.

Should Brooks decided to rest Westbrook, the Thunder (49-18) are likely to give Reggie Jackson another start. He's averaged 14.3 points while helping Oklahoma City win 22 of 31 without Westbrook (21.4 points per game) this season.
Kevin Durant scored 35.0 per game - 3.2 more than his league-high average - during Westbrook's recent 27-game absence. He also had 30 points against the Mavericks before finishing with 35 and 12 rebounds in Monday's win.
Durant has scored 25 or more in 32 consecutive games, the longest such streak since Michael Jordan did it in 40 straight in 1986-87.

"I just go out there and ... play to win," Durant said. "If all that stuff comes with it, then that's cool." The All-Star forward had 28 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists while Westbrook scored 24 with nine assists, but the Thunder lost 114-104 at home to the Cavaliers on Feb. 26.

Kyrie Irving led the way with 31 points and nine assists in that game, but the All-Star guard is expected to miss two weeks due to a strained biceps tendon. Cleveland also could be without forward Luol Deng after he missed Tuesday's 100-96 home loss to Miami because of a sprained ankle.

Jarrett Jack scored 22 points and went 4 of 6 from 3-point range against the Heat, while Dion Waiters added a career-high 11 assists and Anderson Varejao scored 16 with 11 rebounds. "Our guys hung in there and they competed," coach Mike Brown said of his injury-ravaged club. With a 4-9 mark in their last 13, the Cavaliers have fallen six games behind Atlanta for the final Eastern Conference playoff spot. Now they'll try to avoid losing four straight at home for the first time all season. Although Waiters and Varejao missed the first meeting with Oklahoma City due to injury, Jack scored 21 points to help Cleveland win its second in a row in the series. The Northwest Division-leading Thunder will be missing two starters of their own in Kendrick Perkins and Thabo Sefolosha on Thursday.

Oklahoma City has dropped six of the last seven meetings in Cleveland.

[video=youtube;kxopViU98Xo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxopViU98Xo[/video]

Thank God this season is almost over.

Re: Game 69: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Cleveland Cavaliers | March 20th, 2014 | 7 PM [E

We might as well be mathematically eliminated. I think we're six back with fourteen to go?

Just lose out. Play Karasev, please.

Re: Game 69: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Cleveland Cavaliers | March 20th, 2014 | 7 PM [E

Good match-up. Win is possible.

Thanked for the Epic Sax Guy.

Thanked for the Epic Sax Guy.

I normally add a song I like at the end of each of my game threads. I picked Epic Sax Guy because I feel like this season has been a gigantic disappointment that just goes on and on and on...

Did you pick a picture of Dion getting rejected at the rim on purpose?

Did you pick a picture of Dion getting rejected at the rim on purpose?

No - I was rushed for time this time and I try to have most of my pictures be approximately the same size. I didn't have the time to manually format and re-size my pictures. Coincidence.

Now that we are back to the Tank.. go Cans!

Deng and Miles are out tonight. So, probably see a Seth Curry sighting tonight.

Not that he was going to play....but Karasev is out tonight with knee tendinitis.

Looks like this team literally got ran over by a tank. So many injuries

Hopefully Dion hits some shots tonight. His confidence is probably pretty low right now after doing everything well but shoot his last game.

Really looking forward to this game!

Actually, I'm not. I just use these Cavs games lately as time to play Pokemon or Minecraft.

From the PD:

Russell Westbrook ( rest R knee) and Thabo Sefolosha (l calf strain) out for OKC vs #Cavs.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."