• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 7 | Cleveland Cavaliers (3-3) @ Boston Celtics (3-4) | November 14th, 2014 | 7:30 PM ET

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GreekMo

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cleveland-Cavaliers1.jpg

Cavs (3-3)

@
boston-celtics-alternate-logo-3-primary.jpg

Celtics (3-4)
boston-ma.jpg

interior.jpg

Coaches:
RNQCDJDTLUXHXZD.20100903150909.jpg

David Blatt
200px-Brad_Stevens_on_Butler_sideline.jpg

Brad Stevens

Starting lineups:
202681.png
200765.png

Kyrie Irving vs Rajon Rondo
1890.png
202340.png

Shawn Marion vs Avery Bradley
2544.png
201145.png

LeBron James vs Jeff Green
201567.png
203096.png

Kevin Love vs Jared Sullinger
2760.png
203482.png

Anderson Varejao vs Kelly Olynyk

Cavs bench:
Dion Waiters
Tristan Thompson
Brendan Haywood
Alex Kirk
Will Cherry
Mike Miller
Lou Amundson
James Jones
Joe Harris

Celtics bench:

Tyler Zeller
Gerald Wallace
Brandon Bass
Vitor Faverani
James Young
Phil Pressey
Marcus Thornton
Evan Turner

Dwight Powell

Cavaliers-Celtics Preview

By ALAN FERGUSON
Posted Nov 13 2014 9:47PM

After experiencing his first home win since returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James will try to deliver another victory in his coach's homecoming.

In his return to Boston, David Blatt will attempt to guide the Cavaliers to a third consecutive victory Friday night against the Celtics.

James kept the Cavaliers' recent offensive momentum going with what was initially a triple-double in a 118-111 victory over New Orleans on Monday, the first home game since a 95-90 loss to New York in the season opener Oct. 30.

The NBA later took away an assist and a rebound, giving him 32 points, 11 boards and nine assists. Kyrie Irving also scored 32 points and Kevin Love hit six 3-pointers as Cleveland (3-3) produced back-to-back high-scoring games.

The Cavaliers shot 49.4 percent and connected on 13 of 27 3-point attempts from 3-point range, both season highs.

"This is special," said Irving, who also had nine assists and one turnover in 40-plus minutes. "We played well as a group."

The Cavaliers finished off a four-game road trip with a 110-101 win in Denver on Nov. 7 after averaging 96.5 points in their first four contests.

The Nuggets are one of the league's worst defensive clubs and Cleveland will get to face another in Blatt's return to Boston. The Cavaliers coach was born in the city and attended high school in nearby Framingham before leaving for Princeton then playing professionally in Israel.

"It's kind of special, but nothing that's going to keep me from doing my job to the best of my ability," Blatt said. "I was a Celtics fan growing up. I grew up listening Celtics' broadcast, Johnny Most, with a transistor radio stuck to my ear for many years. Bill Russell was my childhood hero.

"I have a lot of fond memories of the area, of the people and of the NBA game that I grew to love through following the Celtics."

Boston (3-4) will try to spoil that homecoming while shoring up a defense that's giving up 106.4 points per game. The Celtics failed in their attempt at a third straight win Wednesday with a 109-94 home loss to an Oklahoma City team that was missing stars Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

Boston gave up 67 points in the second half.

"We did some good things. We did not sustain it," coach Brad Stevens said.

Rajon Rondo had a team-best 20 points and 12 assists after missing one game to have screws removed in his surgically repaired left hand. The Celtics were without Marcus Thornton (ankle), and won't have No. 6 overall draft pick Marcus Smart for at least two weeks because of a sprained left ankle and a bone bruise.

Dion Waiters, meanwhile, is considered probable to return for the Cavaliers after missing Monday's game with a bruised lower back.

If he plays, Waiters will try to help Cleveland end a three-game losing streak to the Celtics. Having James back on the team will likely provide a more significant boost as he's averaged 35.8 points, 10.4 rebounds and 6.4 assists in his last five games in Boston, including the 2012 playoffs.

Even in James' previous stint with the team, the Cavaliers had their difficulties in Boston and have lost 16 of their past 20 visits, including the postseason.

Jeff Green averaged a team-best 23.0 points for Boston in last season's series, and Avery Bradley averaged 21.3 while shooting 61.9 percent.

4-cleveland-skyline-at-dusk-from-edgewater-park-at-lands-end-photography.jpg

LETS GO CAVS!

It feels like we've had a month off. Hopefully we got some good practice time in and can look sharper on sets/defense.

Yea no shit. Teasing us with that second half only to have to wait damn near a week...#basketblueballs

Ya'll remember when Lil Phil Pressley lit us up

Will be interesting to see how our backcourt performs against a strong defensive duo in Rondo and Bradley.

Boston is very good at moving the ball (they're first in the league in assists at 25.4 a game), so hopefully we can get our hands in those passing lanes and beat them in transition (they're right in the middle in terms of turnovers). Hopefully this is the first blowout of the year so we can rest our guys for tomorrow, but I wouldn't count on it. We have the overwhelming talent advantage in this game, so let's get that third road win.

In town for business.

Will be at the game tonight.

:spacecraft:

Rondo has been one of my favorite players for awhile now. I'm anxious to see the Irving v. Rondo tonight to see how Irving responds.

watching the game tonight with my friend who's a celtics fan. Needless to say, I'm hoping for a motherfucking blowout.

The line is fishy on this one. Opened last night Cavs -6 for me (around 2am) already moved to Cavs -5...

Boston mob fix job?! :coolugh::chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."