• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 76 | Cavs @ Magic | Apr.2nd | 7:00 PM ET

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GreekMo

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Cavaliers-Logo.png

Cavs (30-45)

@

lgo_nba_orlando_magic

Magic (21-53)

Where: Amway Center, Orlando, FL

acenter10952.jpg

Orlando.jpg

Coaches:

file_170167_0_692d46cabb822890fa83a06b972a1108.jpg

Mike Brown

Jacque+Vaughn+4IeAqQe3R3pm.jpg

Jacque Vaughn

Starting lineups:

jarrett_jack.png
jameer_nelson.png

Jarrett Jack - vs - Jameer Nelson

dion_waiters.png
arron_afflalo.png

Dion Waiters - vs - Arron Afflalo

luol_deng.png
maurice_harkless.png

Luol Deng - vs - Maurice Harkless

tristan_t_thompson.png
kyle_oquinn.png

Tristan Thompson - vs - Kyle O'Quinn

spencer_hawes.png
nikola_vucevic.png

Spencer Hawes - vs - Nikola Vucevic

Cavs bench:​

matthew_dellavedova.png
alonzo_gee.png
tyler_zeller.png

sergey_karasev.png

*Kyrie Irving has been cleared to resume full contact practice with the team. Game status has not been determined.​

Magic bench:

tobias_harris.png
doron_lamb.png
andrew_nicholson.png

victor_oladipo.png
etwaun_moore.png
jason_maxiell.png

dewayne_dedmon.png
ronnie_price.png

While the Cleveland Cavaliers are 15 games below .500, they remain alive in the Eastern Conference playoff race.

Getting All-Star Kyrie Irving back could help their chances of sneaking in.

Irving may try to give it a go Wednesday night when the visiting Cavaliers seek a seventh consecutive win over the last-place Orlando Magic.

After missing two weeks with a strained left biceps tendon, Irving was cleared to resume full-contact practice and could return as soon as Wednesday. Averaging a team-leading 21.2 points, Irving's status won't be determined until after the pregame shootaround.

Cleveland (30-45) dropped its first three games without Irving before winning four of five. Dion Waiters led six Cavaliers in double figures with 19 points in Sunday's 90-76 victory over Indiana, and Tristan Thompson added 12 to go with 16 rebounds.

"Winning really makes you believe in each other," forward Luol Deng said. "Guys are starting to realize that they can do it. There's no magic to it. It's really playing together and believing in each other, and I really think once we won a few in a row, we started to play better."

Cleveland is in 10th place in the East, three games in back of Atlanta for the eighth and final playoff berth. The Cavaliers visit the Hawks in a crucial matchup Friday.

"We're still coming out with that never-say-die mentality and attitude and we're just fighting as long as there's season left," guard Jarrett Jack said. "We're going to keep clawing at it. I think what was best for us, I know me personally, I stopped looking at the standings and just started focusing on what was in this locker room.

"Once we did that, it seemed like the brand of basketball we were playing became more consistent and we gave ourselves an opportunity to be in the situation we're in now."

The Cavaliers lost 10 straight to the Magic before winning the last six, including all three meetings this season while allowing an average of 91.3 points. Irving scored a combined 53 while playing in two of those matchups.

Orlando (21-53) followed a nine-game skid with back-to-back wins over Portland and Charlotte before its struggles resumed in Sunday's 98-93 loss to Toronto. The Magic erased a 21-point deficit but couldn't keep up down the stretch.

"We're kind of getting really known for digging ourselves a hole," rookie Victor Oladipo told the team's official website. "It's tough to always dig yourself out, but one thing going into the second half was knowing that we've done it before. We had all of the confidence in the world that we could come back and cut into the lead and get into the ball game. ... It's a learning lesson for us."

The Magic shot 55.1 percent for their third-highest mark this season, but went 10 of 14 from the foul line while the Raptors were 26 of 27.

Nikola Vucevic, averaging 22.7 points in the last three games, had 22 and 10 rebounds. Vucevic has scored at least 20 in three of his last five against the Cavaliers, though he's been held to six in each of the other two.

Fellow big man Anderson Varejao won't play for Cleveland due to a sprained shoulder suffered Sunday. He had 18 points and a career-high 25 boards in an 87-81 overtime win over Orlando on Jan. 2.

No Andy is going to hurt. It would be huge if Kyrie could play tonight.

Ill be at this game!!

Hopefully Kyrie returns

Otherwise its the Dion Waiters show (which im fine with if he slaughters the magic)

I hope Kyrie plays tonight. If he plays, keep the same starting line up and bring Kyrie off the bench as the sixth man tonight.

Cavs have done just enough to keep my interest. A lost tonight is going to be soul crushing.

Im gonna be watching with my eyes glued to the screen..lets get this win!!

Must win. Would be nice to see Kyrie get some burn.

Every game is a must win. We gotta string together an indians styled run to end the season.

Potentially a huge night. Need CHI and BK to take care of business.

I would say this is the biggest night of the year. Not only do we need to win, but we need ATL and NYK to lose. Not enough games for us to match them with wins, and not enough games to afford a loss. Go Cavs!

I hope Kyrie plays tonight. If he plays, keep the same starting line up and bring Kyrie off the bench as the sixth man tonight.

I hope Kyrie plays as well but if he's able I'd rather see him start with Dion.

If KI is only going to get limited mins, I would rather bring him off the bench for right now. Maybe start him in the second half, if he finds his grove. We need to get off to a fast start so that we can rest some players in the 4th Q. This is not the time to dick around with a bad team. Cavs by 15 at the half, win by 22.

Why would Kyrie get limited minutes? If he's healthy, he's healthy. Play the kid

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pl"><p>Kyrie Irving expected to play tonight and start alongside Dion Waiters. Irving looked great in practice, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Cavs&amp;src=hash">#Cavs</a> see no reason to hold him out</p>&mdash; Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLloydABJ/statuses/451469548198195200">kwiecień 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."