• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 80 | Cleveland Cavaliers (51-28) @ Boston Celtics (37-42) | April 12, 2015 | 3:00pm EST

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KCOTT

OSU Alum
Reaction score
CAVS at CELTICS
3:00 PM EST
TD Garden

FSOH

6q8Oz6Y.jpg

Ve4AC3v.jpg

kwrfFQC.jpg

Qi4o1wE.jpg

If the Cleveland Cavaliers are to face the Boston Celtics in the first round of the playoffs they'll worry about it then.

The Celtics are still trying to lock down a playoff spot and certainly won't complain if the Cavaliers' stars again watch most or all of their rematch.

Clinging to a playoff spot, the Celtics look to pick up another big win and sweep a home-and-home set from visiting Cleveland on Sunday.

After securing the Central Division crown and the Eastern Conference's No. 2 seed on Wednesday, the Cavaliers (51-28) were content to ease up a bit for Friday's matchup with Boston (37-42). Kyrie Irving was a late scratch because of hip soreness and LeBron James and Kevin Love sat the fourth quarter as Cleveland's 18-game home winning streak ended with a 99-90 loss.

"We had a feeling that they weren't going to play that much, especially in the fourth quarter," Celtics guard Marcus Smart said. "But our goal was just to focus more on our team. If they're out there, they're out there. If they're not, they're not."

A game ahead of ninth-place Indiana and tied with New Jersey but in control of the tiebreaker for seventh in the East, the Celtics probably wouldn't mind if Cleveland coach David Blatt used a similar approach in the series finale.

The Cavs could have a say as to who they'll face in the first round, but at least publicly, they don't see that as an immediate priority.

"Honestly, we're worried about ourselves right now and about trying to deal and balance two diametrically opposed things," Blatt said. "One is to keep guys in shape and the other one is to rest them.

"Our guys lived up to the challenge that I felt we should finish in second, but whoever we draw in the playoffs, that's not something we're planning for or trying to arrange."

While it's uncertain if Irving, who scored 27 in each of his last two games, and key reserve Iman Shumpert (quad) will miss a second straight contest, James when asked if he'll play said, "I don't know. I don't believe so but I'm not quite sure yet."

After scoring 14 points in 26 minutes Friday, James, who sat out the final two regular-season games for Miami each of the last three seasons, admitted it's an adjustment to see limited time but understands the importance of rest at this stage in his career.

"Me, being a 12-year veteran, the bigger picture is always what's important," he said. "For us, what's important is to stay in rhythm and also to stay healthy."

With James and Love out in the fourth, the Celtics held the Cavs to 13 points on 5-of-16 shooting while forcing seven turnovers over the final 12 minutes.

Smart finished with 19 points and Evan Turner added a career-high 13 assists for Boston, which completed a 3-0 road trip and improved to 21-12 since sitting 14 games below .500 on Feb. 1.

The Celtics have averaged 108.5 points and allowed 99.3 during a season-high six-game road winning streak, but have scored 98.0 and yielded 102.8 per contest while dropping four of five at home.

With Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green still on the roster, the Celtics shot 54.5 percent but blew a 19-point fourth-quarter lead as James scored 41 and Irving added 27 to help Cleveland to a 122-121 road win Nov. 14.

Smart, who didn't play in that contest, averaged 12.3 points and shot 58.3 percent on the three-game trip. However, he's totaled 12 on 3-of-23 shooting in the last four at home.

[parsehtml]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EYEzmuxPDww?autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/parsehtml]
QUESTIONABLE:

- LeBron James, Rest
- Kyrie Irving, Hip Soreness
- Kevin Love, Back

OUT:

- Iman Shumpert, Quad

I'll be bring back the $25 gift card to Amazon contest again, just like in my previous game thread here: http://realcavsfans.com/community/i...ks-17-7-december-17th-2014-7-00-pm-est.45217/

Same rules apply:

**Whoever is the first poster in this thread to closely predict the final score of the game will win a $25 Amazon gift card emailed from me. Only your first post with your guess will be used (no guesses after initial one). Any post that has been marked as edited is automatically disqualified (no cheaters please). **

Deadline is tipoff. I was trying to figure out what the best way to determine "closest score" would be. I think I'm going to take the sum of the difference in each score for the team. Lowest score total wins.

For example, Cavs win 105-98. Poster A guesses 103-99. His score would be the sum of 105-103=2 and 99-98=1 for a total of 3. Poster B guesses 111-98. His score would be 6. Poster A wins. Tiebreakers will be some sort of coin flip I guess, but preference will be given if one of the scores is accurately predicted. If you have a low score but guessed the wrong winner, it doesn't count.

Guesses:

Rob: 101-89, Celtics
Andrew: 100-94, Cavs
tocov: 98-91, Cavs

The Oi: 95-87, Celtics
CosmoKramer: 102-85, Celtics

AuxilaryPie: 98-92, Cavs
kip stabone: 101-92, Celtics
kookoo: 99-98, Celtics
Dog: 101-86, Celtics
Marucs: 97-88, Celtics
jlegg21: 96-92, Celtics
jerzy234: 95-87, Celtics
pl4tinum: 102-88, Celtics
HerbFoster: 96-85, Celtics

tristan+kyrie=$: 95-87, Celtics (duplicate of The Oi's guess)
col63onel: 173-8, Ditka
oracio: 110-98, Celtics
Shep: 93-89, Cavs
bjfcool: 99-71, Celtics
SpanishCavsFan: 100-65, Celtics
cavsfan1985: 92-84, Celtics
Helium filament: 94-76, Celtics
spydy13: 92-79, Celtics
Cavalier Domer: 98-87, Celtics
deaninja: 105-90, Celtics

Last edited:
Cool! I'm not going to guess though until we know who's playing.

Cavs actually win a close one.

Cavs 100
Celtics 94

Cavs 98
Celts 91

Celts- 95
Cavs-87

Dellavedova
Harris
Marion
Perkins
Haywood