• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game Thread 2018-19 Season Game #59 | Cleveland Cavaliers vs Phoenix Suns | February 21st, 2019

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I will be very surprised if we don't win this game.

First 7 minutes we shared the ball very well. I enjoyed this starting line.

Why is Phoenix so terrible...they really should be better....going to be hard to lose tonight

Got to lose it and avoid the double whammy. Some decent played can be tolerated, like that Nwaba to Nance play, but otherwise we need to lay some bricks.

Phoenix is so inept...they have no intention of winning

Watch...Kevin Love is gonna fuck us out of a Top 2 pick.

Another negative about Love is that he is now the focus f the offense meaning fewer opportunities and shots for Cedi and Colin.

Colin has five shots, Cedi has four.

Knight has 5, Clarkson has 7, Nance has 6, Love has 9.

Granted Cedi is leading the team in assists with 4, but since we are rebuilding you would think they would have the 2 young pieces who are ballhandlers get more opportunities.

Last edited:
Why is Phoenix so terrible...they really should be better....going to be hard to lose tonight

I think it's the lack of a true PG. It's not a bad strategy because they seem to have decent ball movement and they are forcing players to become better ball handlers/passers. They seem loaded with wings which seems to be the way the NBA is treading if you want to build the depth to be a top tier team. Tyler Johnson and Booker will move back to their natural position when they can get PG.

I don't think they will settle for just any PG though. They will look for a top tier PG in the draft that can be a big 3 with Booker and Ayton. If they don't see one at their draft position they probably take the best SF or PF, and wait for the top tier PG to come on the market via trade.

Another negative about Love is that he is now the focus f the offense meaning fewer opportunities and shots for Cedi and Colin.

Colin has five shots, Cedi has four.

Knight has 5, Clarkson has 7, Nance has 6, Love has 9.

Granted Cedi is leading the team in assists with 4, but since we are rebuilding you would think they would have the 2 young pieces who are ballhandlers get more opportunities.

I don't like how Knight is getting ball handling duties too. I liked him as a spot up 3 point shooter that he was the last couple games. I'm with you, they should give all the ball handling duties to Cedi and Sexton when the starters are on the floor.

Cedi has a very good vision and he is unselfish player, if we use him correctly(more playmaking and P&R) he can easily make a lot of assists. Cedi's average is just 2,3 assists this season, it's a big shame for our coaching staff.

I think it's the lack of a true PG. It's not a bad strategy because they seem to have decent ball movement and they are forcing players to become better ball handlers/passers. They seem loaded with wings which seems to be the way the NBA is treading if you want to build the depth to be a top tier team. Tyler Johnson and Booker will move back to their natural position when they can get PG.

I don't think they will settle for just any PG though. They will look for a top tier PG in the draft that can be a big 3 with Booker and Ayton. If they don't see one at their draft position they probably take the best SF or PF, and wait for the top tier PG to come on the market via trade.
Ja Morant would be the perfect draft pick for the Suns

Last edited:
They also seem to be unable to defend down low. Z, Nance, and Love alone are 10 of 13 inside, with 17 rebounds.

Cavs look good, which makes it weird that we're barely beating such a horrible team. Good ball movement, but our guard play is pretty poor.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."