• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Google'sRobots

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KI4MVP

formerly LJ4MVP
Reaction score
Google has been busy buying robotics firms, buying 8 companies in the last 6 months. Here's some video from the last company they bought.

[video=youtube;mclbVTIYG8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mclbVTIYG8E[/video]

[video=youtube;SD6Okylclb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD6Okylclb8[/video]

Very cool.

Wondering where Google is headed with this, they're truly the company of the future in terms of future technology development.

It is strange some of these acquisitions...especially the last one. We're talking DARPA toys now. I'm very familiar with the equipment that BD uses to make these things, so I'm also familiar with some of their projects. They have a robot called "cheetah" that can now run over 40mph...wild stuff. No idea what Google is up to. Interesting that the govt actually allowed the acquisition. Hmmm...

Petman "Tebow'd" and can do more push-ups than I can.

Here's Cheetah...it can run a lot faster now too. :huh:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YqpO58x7vuE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The technology has come so far, those balancing robots that take a step backwards to prevent themselves falling over are incredible, they have donkey ones that can walk on ice as well

The technology has come so far, those balancing robots that take a step backwards to prevent themselves falling over are incredible, they have donkey ones that can walk on ice as well

That Cheetah is the scariest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Welp...we're boned.

I eagerly await becoming a servant to our new robot overlords.

That Cheetah is the scariest fucking thing I've ever seen.

That video is at least 2 versions ago. It can now allegedly go 50MPH untethered. Their goal is for it to have the ability and enough intelligence to chase someone/something down in combat and either knock them down or blow up.

Think that thing above looks scary? Picture this thing below running at you twice as fast as that thing above. :chuckles:

boston-dynamics-darpa-cheetah-concept.jpg

If this is the shit that's publicly known I shudder at the thought of what they're doing confidentially.

Metal Gear is actually going to fucking happen.

Last edited:
Meh. Get back to me when they make a real life equivalent of the Gizmoduck suit. I bet that could outrun this adorable lil cheetah. Oh and btw- that cheetah has only reached a top speed of 10 mph untethered. Impressive piece of machinery, no doubt, but this thing isn't about to be turned into a cybernetic hellhound out to hunt down enemies of the state just yet.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."