• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Graphics Help Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Collyflower

Lurking
Reaction score
FONTS:
www.dafont.com
www.urbanfonts.com
www.1001freefonts.com
www.webdesignerdepot.com/2008/12/7-free-tools-to-identify-a-font
that is an article that has 7 different places for identifying a font you have seen somewhere

BRUSHES:
www.brusheezy.com
www.deviantart.com
This site is really the start and end point for brushes. Pretty much every other site that has brushes also posts their brushes at DeviantArt.

TUTORIALS:
It's hard to find good tutorials to post here because most of them are tied into other forums
www.good-tutorials.com
www.pixel2life.com
www.tutorialman.com

HIGHT QUALITY PHOTO'S:
www.cbssports.com/photos
on cbssports, to get the full size image you have to right click on the picture and select open in new tab and then replace "_lower.jpg" in the url with "_1024x768.jpg"
http://elibrary.bigchalk.com
www.flickr.com
and if you just use google images then search for large and very large images to find the good quality pictures

LOGO'S:
www.sportslogos.net
www.logoserver.com

CUT'S:
like tutorials, most cuts are tied into forums but heres a couple of separate cut sites
www.surrealdesignz.com
www.urbanpsds.com
www.planetrenders.net

STOCKS:
www.cgtextures.com

PROGRAMS:
http://www.getpaint.net/ -- paint.net, easiest to use and learn but you'll be on your own and it's not great quality
http://www.gimp.org/ -- probably the best free program, lots of artists use it
http://www.gimpshop.com/ -- the same features as gimp but is set-up and worded like photoshop

Last edited:
That's a pretty nice archive. Elibrary is a great site if you have a password. I lost mine when my stupid PC cleared a bunch of my cookies. :(

also, feel free to post other sites so that i can add them to the original post.

this thread is also for peeople to request gfx help

I want to try this out, but how do I start? Do I have to find a picture first, or do I have to make it?

I want to try this out, but how do I start? Do I have to find a picture first, or do I have to make it?

Download one of the programs first. Then just ask some questions, i started off with gimpshop so i would recommend that one.

Download one of the programs first. Then just ask some questions, i started off with gimpshop so i would recommend that one.

Do the tutorials explain how to start? I really don't want to have to torment you with this.

Do the tutorials explain how to start? I really don't want to have to torment you with this.

If you want to learn any sort of graphics or design program, go to Lynda.com. It's by far some of the best training you can get. There is a subscription fee (I think it's around $25 a month), but it's way worth it and you'll learn very quickly.

Well this is what the thread is for, trust me i probably annoyed the shit out of people when i was learning because i asked so many questions. And i still ask people questions now. So if you have a question just asked, i got started on my own because i just played around with the stuff but i can help you get started.

There are some tutorials that are for super beginners, where they will show you how to even open a new canvas. But the site is also another forum site(not for sports though) and i don't know if it will be allowed if i posted the link. Its strictly a website for sig making though.....

I would probably have to run it by a mod, or if a mod reads this they can let me know if its okay or not.

Last edited:
If anyone needs any sigs for the playoffs i wouldn't mind helping people out with that...

If anyone needs any sigs for the playoffs i wouldn't mind helping people out with that...

Hey man, I would LOVE to have one. Could you make a funny Delonte or Varejao one for me with the playoff slogan?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."