• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Greatest Moments Since 1964

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MoFlo

Hall-of-Famer
RCF Honored Elder
Reaction score
So this is gonna be the subject of my next piece at IBI and I think it's a good topic. What are your greatest Tribe moments since the last Cleveland championship in '64?

I'm not gonna post all of mine (I'm doing a Top 50 - for it being 50 years), but:

-Clinching a playoff berth in '95
-Lenny Barker's perfect game
-'97 All-Star Game
-Winning Game 6 of the '95 ALCS
-Hiring Tito

Last edited:

Just because of the scenario. We're up, Perez comes in gives up back to back home runs (or whatever). Playoffs were on the line, it was a special season and after the top of the 9th, it seemed all hope was gone.

Favorite memory since 64?

Gotta be the 95 tribe. Even though I was only 7, I knew how fun it was to watch that team with my dad. Made me a HUGE baseball fan.

Just because of the scenario. We're up, Perez comes in gives up back to back home runs (or whatever). Playoffs were on the line, it was a special season and after the top of the 9th, it seemed all hope was gone.

Completely agree, this is also on my list. Without this HR, we don't make the postseason. Awesome moment!

Fuck you for only being 7 in '95.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I was 11 :chuckle:

The 2007 postseason vs the Yankees, and then the Red Sox (until we lost...)

The 90s were great but I was too young to fully appreciate it. Was 6 in 1995 and 8 in 1997. Just not old enough. 2007 I was 18 years old and really getting into sports. I thought it was our year for sure.

Giambi's home run was definitely one of the best in recent memory. Some others:

- Fausto in the midge game
- The comeback vs Seattle (probably my #1)
- Belle's grand slam off of Lee Smith
- Belle's bicep-pointing
- Tony Fernandez's home run
- Lofton's return in 2007
- Tony Pena's 95 HR
- Clinching the Division in 2007

Manny's "WOW" HR off of Eck
Lofton scoring from 2nd on a passed ball in the '95 ALCS
Belle becoming the 1st (and still, only) player to ever hit 50 HR & 50 Doubles in the same season

A very underrated one, IMO:

Nagy battling Mussina pitch for pitch in the '96 playoffs

The biggest ones have been named:

Clinching the first playoff berth in a zillion years in '95

The "wow" Home Run was awesome. I think that was the minute everyone knew what Manny was going to be.

Alomar game winning hit through the gap against Benitez and the Orioles

Omar's botched suicide squeeze against the Orioles that resulted in the game winning run anyways.

Lofton's HR against the Sox in the '07 playoffs was even more exciting than getting him back in the first place. I was there live for that.

I was at the game Thome hit the longest home run at Jacobs Field.

I will never forget people's reaction. Didn't think that ball was coming down...

The comeback vs Seattle was great, but definitely add the comeback against Toronto in 95 that was capped off with Paul Sorrento's bomb.

Thome's bat flip against the Braves also.

Bill Selby hitting a walk off slam off Mo.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."