1. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Games & Gadgets' started by TyGuy, Jan 25, 2012.

1. TyGuy

TyGuy With the Left hand!

This is the game I am looking forward to the most. Diablo 3 was that game for the longest time, but after doing some reading over the months; I think the team behind this game nailed everything I hate about mmo's, and kept in the things that I love. Rather than list everything, I have a link to another board where a guy compiled just about everything that is known about the game.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1058358-Guild-Wars-2-Mass-info-for-the-uninitiated.-READ-ME

2. RonG

RonG All for one

Did they make it so you can jump? No jump is a non starter for me.

3. TyGuy

That was one of the very first things posted... Somebody didn't read my link!

"• Jumping – I nearly forgot, YES, you can jump. ArenaNet has built a fully realized 3D world for you to roam around in."

4. RonG

RonG All for one

I am at work, i dont click on gaming links here.

5. TyGuy

Well i'll list you some highlights for me... Yes there is jumping, and the game is now in a persistent world without the instancing after you leave down. You can freely jump between "realms" or servers. There is no holy trinity (tanks, dps, heals) tehre are no quests. Instead there are dynamics events that play out which encourages playing with others instead of competing with others players for mobs, items, or drops. The content will scale for you and a friend. So if you are 30 levels ahead and you team up with your buddy, your stats are now downgraded to help with his content, and you still get experience and rewards. This also works in reverse as your friend can upscale to you.

6. tmackin07

tmackin07 Ready for the future

Not sure how I feel about that. Seems like it would make lower levels have to work less to take on higher level challenges as long as they have a high level friend to play with?

7. TyGuy

If you don't want to do that then don't do it. The great thing is you are given options to play with friends and they encourage it implementing a system like this.

In mmo's it usually sucks when you see other people out questing because you are competing for mobs or items. Also it is annoying playing catch up so you can play with your friends. With this system, you can play with anybody you wan't. If i wanted to play with people on rcf, but we were on different realms.. Tough shit! You have to pay a server transfer fee. This game has no monthly fee and you can switch between different servers at will.

8. TyGuy

I'm going to give this thread a bump. A lot has changed since i made this thread. I started playing this game again recently and i'm enjoying it quite a bit. They add in new content every two weeks and they have this new living story where they are constantly changing the world which is pretty cool and a throwback to the older mmo's where they would add dynamic new content and host world events.

The game is also free from Aug 23-25. There is no monthly fee to play, just need to purchase the box.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  9. TyGuy

Here are the release notes for the new clockwork chaos event going on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/clockwork-chaos-release-notes/