• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Has anyone got this yet, if so, how is it?

I know I am pretty much getting this for my birthday this Sunday.

Is the storyline and the campaign good, graphics, etc?

Just wanted to see how everyone feels about it.

My buddy bought it on the microsoft store, couldn't get any multiplayer games to connect for a few hours. Got his money refunded on it. Thankfully I stopped him from buying AC: Unity.

As of last night both the MP and Campaign were broken. I am thinking about getting a refund as well. I was so pumped for this release and it's all been stymied by this fuck up.

I know so many people that bought an XB1 just for this...lol

I just bought it (used XBL money for digital) ... still downloading. I know there are issues with it but I'm kind of assuming they will be fixed.

Sounds like a shitty launch though.

I was going to get a PS4, but this game -- as much as I hate Microsoft -- I think this is a lost sale for Sony.

I gotta play Halo.

Between the net code issues on XBL for CoD, the Halo MCC issues online and it being unplayable, and me having to hard reset my Xbox One multiple times over this past week I'm starting to wish my friends got me a PS4 instead of an XBone while I was in the hospital.

Not totally serious, as Sony doesn't really have any exclusives I want but then again Microsoft doesn't have much either. Seems everything is multiplatform these days besides Halo. Some of the issues are just getting obnoxious though. What's next?

I just bought it (used XBL money for digital) ... still downloading. I know there are issues with it but I'm kind of assuming they will be fixed.

Sounds like a shitty launch though.

Kinda sounds like for 2K when 2K15 came out. Servers were shitty for about a week or two, then they were fine.

I'm sure this is the case here.

Kinda sounds like for 2K when 2K15 came out. Servers were shitty for about a week or two, then they were fine.

I'm sure this is the case here.

Fifa 15 was terrible when it released. You could barely get an online game to finish. I've heard Driveclub is still awful. 2014 seems to be the year of server mess ups. I can't believe Microsoft was so proud of their servers.

As of last night both the MP and Campaign were broken. I am thinking about getting a refund as well. I was so pumped for this release and it's all been stymied by this fuck up.
Remember your post in the COD thread about the cure fir a boring COD or something like that, and i replied to you saying don't put so much faith in the developers that fucked up Halo. This is why, they can't even plagiarize properly.

That said, i have less than no interest in any Halo game, but i am sad to see thus game being a mess. I know what it's like for something you like to suck, and at least in this situation, it is *just* network issues for the most part, and that is something that should be relatively easy to fix. At least it wasn't a shitty game, nothings worse than a shitty game in a series you love (BO2 zombies maps say hello).

Hope it's fixed soon for everyone.

Remember your post in the COD thread about the cure fir a boring COD or something like that, and i replied to you saying don't put so much faith in the developers that fucked up Halo. This is why, they can't even plagiarize properly.

That said, i have less than no interest in any Halo game, but i am sad to see thus game being a mess. I know what it's like for something you like to suck, and at least in this situation, it is *just* network issues for the most part, and that is something that should be relatively easy to fix. At least it wasn't a shitty game, nothings worse than a shitty game in a series you love (BO2 zombies maps say hello).

Hope it's fixed soon for everyone.
Boy was I wrong! When the server is fixed though I think it will be better than CoD

Gonna hold off on getting this one for a bit, but man do the revamped Halo and Halo 2 (ESPECIALLY Halo 2) look pretty.

Been a bad launch week in general for a lot of games. I don't expect it to get much better as we approach other launches (Far Cry 4 comes to mind as the next big one).

Matchmaking has been unplayable to this point because of the issues, but when you do get into a game it's exactly what everyone was looking forward to...

People returning their games and saying how this fucked up the Xbox's chances of making a comeback on PS4...I just don't understand? Are you assuming this won't get all cleaned up in the next week or so?

Sure it's a disappointment that it's not running smoothly yet, but in a couple weeks this will all be in the rear view mirror and this will be one of the biggest online games to date, just like we all anticipated. Anyone who returns the game right now is just going to be going to the store and re-buying it in a couple weeks/re-downloading. :chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."